Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tradeskill recommended?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

k ,im an evil warden gnome,what would be the best primary tradeskill.since i never had a toon in this game im kind of lost 

Comments

• CoderCoder Member UncommonPosts: 63

Depends on what you want in a tradeskill.

Sage - With this you will be able to make your own spells and the spells for all mages and priests.

Tailor - You can make your own armor and sell to other mages, druids and brawlers and bags.

Jeweler - Make your own rings, earring, wristbands and stuff, also makes scout skills.

Alchemist - Make fighter skills, potions and scout poisons.

If you are savy with the broker you can make all the money you will ever need with any of these tradeskills. Remember that any gear you can craft there is usually many better upgrades to get by questing, named killing, grouping, raiding, so pick wisely.

As for the other tradeskills, Armorer, Weaponsmith, Carpenter, Provisioner and Woodworker are not much in demand normally.

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

Is there any point in creating a weaponsmith?

I would like to know if any handcrafted / mastercrafted items measure up to what you can get as loot.

Moonlightmist

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by Coder

Sage - With this you will be able to make your own spells and the spells for all mages and priests.

Tailor - You can make your own armor and sell to other mages, druids and brawlers and bags.

Jeweler - Make your own rings, earring, wristbands and stuff, also makes scout skills.

If you are savy with the broker you can make all the money you will ever need with any of these tradeskills. Remember that any gear you can craft there is usually many better upgrades to get by questing, named killing, grouping, raiding, so pick wisely.

As for the other tradeskills, Armorer, Weaponsmith, Carpenter, Provisioner and Woodworker are not much in demand normally.

Sage is a good tradeskill class for a starting character. Once you harvest your rares you can make Expert spells and then upgrade them to Master through the research assistant. Buying these spells can be very expensive if you are not being twinked.

Much the same can be said of Tailor. Buying new master crafted gear every 10 levels as you advance can be very expensive. The ability to make your own will see you better geared for much less money than would otherwise be possible. At lower levels especially, the mastercrafted armor is much better than anything else you will have access to.

The provisioner is actually a very profitable tradeskill class. Unlike gear, people have to constantly repurchase food and drink. Add that to the fact that most people dismiss the class and you can get some very good prices for the food and drink at the top end of each tier.

And then you get people like me. I refuse to pay the inflated prices people charge on the broker, so I have one of each tradeskill class and make ALL of my own stuff.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Coder

Carpenter seems to be pretty appealing too :  http://eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive_content.vm?id=3241&section=News&locale=en_US

Moonlightmist

• CoderCoder Member UncommonPosts: 63

Carpenter is good if you like to decorate houses but it's slow to level up since you get few items/level to gain exp on. Also the items created are mostly items that will last untill the end of Norrathian time.

• zunarnzunarn Member CommonPosts: 97

I have a Carpenter and it's my favorite tradeskill. Even if you're not big on decorating, some furniture items sell and you can make storage boxes which everyone needs.