Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jobs on demand

Im starting this game (again) an wanna know which jobs are on demand, cuz i was a Thief and nobody wanted me in their "party"

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

whm, race taru. Thiefs arent wanted in a party until lvl 15 (backstab).

• people wat. whm nin/war pld/war brd/whm rng/nin

the preferred job combos for each job are
    whm/blm
    blm/whm
    rdm/*any mage
    nin/war
    war/nin
    thf/nin
    pld/war
    nin/war
    brd/whm
    smn/whm
    mnk/war
    drk/war
    sam/war
    rng/nin

however. if you have patience you will eventually get an invite for any job combo since there are enough ppl with open minds to let you in.

• oOPaRaDoXOooOPaRaDoXOo Member Posts: 4

I was a THF for some time while I played, and was nearly always rejected from most parties, whether I had backstab or not. I would suggest THF as a sub for NM hunting.

• ValhalidValhalid Member UncommonPosts: 25

Grouping needs seem to change as you go up in level. However if you earnestly want to be desirable to a group then I would highly recommend WHM/RDM and once you get high enough swap to RDM/WHM.

My two cents: If the only thing that makes a game fun is being 'desirable' to teams then more power to you. I believe in the saying, different strokes for different folks and MMORPGs are the best example of that saying, for the most part. However, if the need to be disirable is merely a result of being 'ignored' or passed over for group selection, then I might suggest that you re-evaluate what makes a game fun for you. You may also want to consider other methods for avoiding the let down of being denied into groups. There are many options there, from starting your own groups to joining guilds in which the members play at the same level and time frames as you do. It isnt easy, and it does take some work, but you may find that the work arounds beat playing a role that you dont really enjoy.

On a personal note, I do not care for FFXI, the grinding is too much for me. If the only reson you left was because of the grouping issues, then I believe that is something that can be resolved. However, if you left for other reasons, you may want to determine if your old reasons are still valid.

No offense to FFXI players. This game definately has its charm, and the players, once you get to know them, are excellent.

Good luck!::::31::

• TaruboyTaruboy Member Posts: 84
    at a little higher lvl thf are a must for pt that doesnt have a pld as tank

---------------------------------------
    Sylph
    59drk 50thf 48mnk 45sam 36war 35nin 35 whm 30rdm 30blm 28drg 20bst

---------------------------------------

• JadanJadan Member Posts: 81

thfs are one of the best classes in the game. tru they don get much parties at the beginning but once u get to lvl 30, ull get trick attack combine that with sneak attack and a viper bite (dagger weapon skill) u do badass dmg and plus thfs are  essential to parties that are lvl 30+ not to mention the added bonuses of more gil and rarer items for killin a enemy