Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 v EQ1 for a Returning/New Player

Recently been looking at playing EQ1 and 2 for my latest MMO to play. Have played EQ2 on and off many times in the past, but only played EQ1 for about a week in 2005. EQ1 has grabbed my interest, lately, and just thought I'd check it out. Player the trial a bit, and the interface/game in general has been a bit tough for me to catch on to. What are people's opinions, should I try getting into EQ1 or simply return to EQ2 (amd finally hit max level, which I have never done)? Several complaints I hear about EQ2 are the population (being low), lack of grouping, and difficulty getting into a guild that will really help you in the endgame.

Posted this in the EQ1 section as well, just looking for a more diverse perspective. Thanks!

Comments

• SwoogieSwoogie Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Originally posted by darktravesty

Recently been looking at playing EQ1 and 2 for my latest MMO to play. Have played EQ2 on and off many times in the past, but only played EQ1 for about a week in 2005. EQ1 has grabbed my interest, lately, and just thought I'd check it out. Player the trial a bit, and the interface/game in general has been a bit tough for me to catch on to. What are people's opinions, should I try getting into EQ1 or simply return to EQ2 (amd finally hit max level, which I have never done)? Several complaints I hear about EQ2 are the population (being low), lack of grouping, and difficulty getting into a guild that will really help you in the endgame.

Posted this in the EQ1 section as well, just looking for a more diverse perspective. Thanks!

I posted on the EQ one earlier, but trust me. EQ1 is the game to go with. With Mercanaries, it is easy enough to solo if you need to and the level of depth that EQ1 offers is unparralleled.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

eq1 is mainly for hardcore in my view its a very good game ,but you will not get any handholding here from soe 

not because they dont want to the game is design that way

eq2 if your someone who love lore side of thing with the rp etc this game you will love lots and lots of very good stuff here too more focused i think on the story side of thing (immersion)

you hear the toon speak and sometime it will make you crack-up 

i love both 

eq1 perfect for netbook(gaming on the go)

eq2 put that on computer and enjoy that whit wife its a rp friendly game from what i saw yet lush graphic the more powerfull your computer is the better it look will probably be supported by directx 10 

will get shader 3 in december (+-)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Several complaints I hear about EQ2 are the population (being low), lack of grouping, and difficulty getting into a guild that will really help you in the endgame.

Not any issue I ever had. Of course are all Raiding guilds restrictive, there is few casual raiding guild in any game but I doubt EQ is different in that way. Helpful guilds that will do anything else are there many.

But hard to find a group is just because they play on a low pop server. I play on Lucan D'lere and I never had any problem finding a group at normal playing hours, and Antonia Bayle have even more players.

No, those are really not the issues. EQ2 have it's advantages, particulary is the graphics stunning and there are many small and fun things in it like fashion armours, player written books, guildhouses and so on.

Never played so much EQ so I wont lists it's good things. The mercanary system ain't one of the good however, anything that makes soloing easier will also makes it harder to find groups.

And at least EQ2 is a group game.

No, I don't think any of those reasons is good. You should just decide which you think is most fun. Or get a station account and play both, that is kinda the best of two worlds, and you will get Vanguard too.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

both are popular and gets expension often

eq1 is more hardcore

eq2 is more shinny rp 

if you got a monster computer take eq2 if you got a 4 year old take eq1

but then theres no wrong choice it depends on what you want 

eq1 has a wowesque feel ,and no they didnt copy wow lol this game was released in the 199Xs lol

its probably the reverse wow copied eq1