Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outdated Graphics = Better Performance?

UccisoreUccisore Member UncommonPosts: 96

Just a quick question here.  People are complaining about this game having graphics that aren't on par with the latest games.  Is a silver lining here that the game runs better on lower end machines, or is it not turning out that way in beta?  I'm very interested in the game, but it being action-based is worrying me, because it sounds like I can't afford to put up with even a little lag, and my machine isn't cutting edge.

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

At the end of Open Beta, the game would yield 70fps for me outside of towns, only to hit a range of 1-14fps inside of towns. My system is over the recommended specs as well. They have some serious optimizations to do IMO...it was actually the main reason I didn't buy the product, it was just that bad. Some people say they don't have any lag problems, but they are running beastly machines that simply overcome the lock-ups with brute force.  I doubt anything has changed in the past 2 weeks, but please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Joined - July 2004

• KcissemDKcissemD Member Posts: 64

outside of towns everything is fine, but cities can drop the fps for me to about 25fps which to me is fine, but they do have optimizations to do for the towns but this problem has a lot to do with the fact you can go into every building so the game has to render it all whether you are in there or not.

• yanzanyanzan Member UncommonPosts: 31

..at this time the game have a big collision problems and lag or low framerate as well. 

The Graphic is ok , but they have much to do to fix the bugs including a newone when your inventory just go empty :)

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by yanzan

..at this time the game have a big collision problems and lag or low framerate as well. 
    The Graphic is ok , but they have much to do to fix the bugs including a newone when your inventory just go empty :)

If you leave the Odenville and Midway areas, log out to character screen and then back in it fixes it. You can even return to those areas. Qualid and Morgana instructed folks to /bug it, and I haven't heard anyone else mention since late this evening. Course, I'm in Embry now and I have the New Player filter turned off.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• yanzanyanzan Member UncommonPosts: 31

Thank you Khalathwyr , any way i dont give up cuse i love the freedom in this game , the crafting system and the music.

Just wonder , the same old problems with collision and FPS i know from other mmos ,

even the inventory bug was in some older game before (dont remember the name).

Hope the main problems will be fixed  and some day this game will run like a leopard :)

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

i played it towards the end of cb and found it almost unplayable in towns. performance was as bad as the graphics.