Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Servers Closed

Well, it seems that the European servers are closed, and any remaining players are being transfered to the Acclaim(US) servers. With the original company bankrupt, things are not looking too good.  Supposedly there are new people in Korea working on the game, but given that this is Acclaim... Its too bad this didn't work out better.  Anyone have any details on the "re development" thats supposed to be in process?

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."

Comments

• Stilla119Stilla119 Member Posts: 15

It really is a horrible situation.

Great game.

No news.

No community.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

I'm subbed for a while and it's a fun game to play, except when you log on it feels deserted.  The animations and powers are well done and the skill deck is brilliant.  They haven't done enough advertising or added enough content fast enough to sustain interest.

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

What killed them was simply the poorly done regional ip block. Absolute incompetence.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Well, it seems that the European servers are closed, and any remaining players are being transfered to the Acclaim(US) servers. With the original company bankrupt, things are not looking too good.  Supposedly there are new people in Korea working on the game, but given that this is Acclaim... Its too bad this didn't work out better.  Anyone have any details on the "re development" thats supposed to be in process?

Acclaim pretty much owns this game now. No company in Korea is messing with it or working on it. Spellborn NV actually is still in development of this game for the upcomming push to F2P, but the parent company of Spellborn NV has went bankrupt and is no longer staffed on that side of things. Therefore several people that you may have talked to on EU forums are now gone. Acclaim really needs to step forward and just purchase the full developer rights so they can control every aspect. Because as of right now, there is a stop in any sort of news regarding the transition to F2P.

• arrowotwoodarrowotwood Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by mackdawg19

Originally posted by Wraithone

Acclaim pretty much owns this game now. No company in Korea is messing with it or working on it. Spellborn NV actually is still in development of this game for the upcomming push to F2P, but the parent company of Spellborn NV has went bankrupt and is no longer staffed on that side of things. Therefore several people that you may have talked to on EU forums are now gone. Acclaim really needs to step forward and just purchase the full developer rights so they can control every aspect. Because as of right now, there is a stop in any sort of news regarding the transition to F2P.

Spellborn NV controls the rights to the game but has an agreement with Frogster so Frogster Asia can "redevelop" the game into a F2P MMORPG.

• TheHistorianTheHistorian Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by arrowotwood

Spellborn NV controls the rights to the game but has an agreement with Frogster so Frogster Asia can "redevelop" the game into a F2P MMORPG.

That is correct.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Just another case of a great game beeing killed by a stupid developer and Incomept publishers. Sad

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Stilla119Stilla119 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by TheHistorian

That is correct.

WoW, Hist comes to MMORPG.  You are fare game here ~.^

Give us some news!

Tell DP to give you some news so you can tell us!

Warda is only making me more concerned that Frogster is dropping the ball.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Stilla119

That is correct.

Give us some news!

If any of the rumours are correct you should be. But maybe they will not remove everything from the game that makes it special.

--
    Delanor

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Stilla119

That is correct.

Give us some news!

Laughter... Historian doesn't *tell* DP anything. They take their orders from him, and repeat ONLY the corporate line. One interesting point you might wish to consider. Did Acclaim know how short of funding the Spellborn Devs were? Some have speculated that such knowledge may have been behind Acclaims foot dragging in terms of the NA release of Spellborn.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • acerpg007acerpg007 Member Posts: 164

is this game having the same server in the US and in Asia? or do Asia have a separate server?

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by mackdawg19

Well, I actually think that going F2P is a good idea. It is not a bad game and there are few good F2P games out there. DDO and AO did the same thing even if it took longer time for them.

The only game that is half as good as TCoS besides that is RoM. So with it's good graphics and nice flowing gameplay it should be doing better as a F2P game, I wish same thing happens to Vanguard.

However is closing all EU servers bad. They should merge instead, so that the servers feel more populated.

It is of course no disaster to play on a US server, I do so myself in EQ2. I actually have a lot better ping there than in the EU server i played on before, dunno why.

But at least to leave a EU server up and let people who want to play on it do, whatever they are from.

I wish TCoS still good luck, the thing I thought it lacked at launch was just content.

• arrowotwoodarrowotwood Member Posts: 66

Asian release is on the way although I'm sure you can already play using the American version ;).