Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AION: Not that great

Comments

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Shiymmas

And BTW, for those of us NOT in the "OB" right now and on the fence would love to see more of these opinions, agree or disagree.  Don't bash the OP because of your own bias.  State your opinions, backed with facts.

I agree with this guy I didnt get OB didnt pre order but am considering buying on release day but very much on the fence keep the opinions rolling good or bad thx :P

• gordunkgordunk Member CommonPosts: 114

Ok...as an OB player, I found that auto-follow wasn't a factor in PvP.  Before Ascension when I was a scout, I dueled a scout a level higher than me.  If I could've recorded it, it would've looked IDENTICAL to a WoW duel.  We were crazily circle strafing each other, trying to back-stab etc.  I ended up winning despite the fact that he was a level above me.  And besides Auto-follow makes using the environment MORE fun, because you can hang people up on trees and crap if they try it.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Gameloading

Graphics has always been everything visual that appears on your screen. This includes Art direction.I'm going to stick to my argument that yes, compared to non mmorpg games, Aion is outdated from a technical perspective.Compare to other MMOs, it really isn't. Keep in mind that we're talking about a game that's already a year old.

Graphics is the tool for art designers to create a visual aspect of the game.

I think I explained it enough already, only I can do is to provide you a link to some 2 years old MMO video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBK47JCCp94
    and 1 year old
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ5ELU-h2Uk

Enjoy.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

So what everyone can say aoc graphics are amazing but everyone can also say that wow is popular because it can handle old rigs too.

Graphics are not everything in a game, yes in these years they must be good but there's no need to push it up till aoc were just by the fact that it required a decent pc it lost many subs that maybe could have stayed in game even now.

• DameausDameaus Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Originally posted by Krilster

Originally posted by Krilster

Originally posted by Model192 
    Some people will like it, probably the PVE gang.

Yet another moron that thinks the first 10 levels are the entire game.

(The PvPvE aspect in the game 20+ is quite good actually)

Move along everyone, nothing to see here.

Going melee makes my character auto follow?

Umm no? Good try though.

Play the game before you try to state facts.

If you double left click (and double right click maybe? Haven't tried) a target you will run to the target, that's it. It doesn't auto follow.

I don't know why people bring up WoW anymore. The first year~ of WoW wasn't all that good at all tbh. Aion has been released what? Maybe 6 months or so in Korea and you people try to compare them? klol

I'm sure in 4+ years Aion will be absolutely "amazing" too. (Hopefully not as easy as WoW)

It is auto follow.

When you go into combat mode your character actually follows the mob or player? sounds like guildwars to me. Fine for a 5 year old game but not a game that came out in 2009.

Say what you want about wow but its combat system is freaking awesome, I can't stand the game due to simplicity but the combat system is golden.

Im sorry but anygame claiming it can take down WoW needs to be totally polished with a combat system that destroys WoW and autorun to target is lame and will turn a ton of players off just like autofacing in WAR did.

autofacing in WAR did not turn people off.... IT WAS ASK FOR BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE PLAYER BASE. it comes from DAOC, with having to program a /face macro on every character for RVR.

your character does NOT AUTOFOLLOW in Aion, your character simply runs to the target and STOPS when it reaches them.

and seriously... how the FUCK will that turn people off? if anything, it will make PVP easier for people that are terrible at targeting on the fly.... it will make the game BETTER for the vast number of players.....

Originally posted by bloodaxes

So what everyone can say aoc graphics are amazing but everyone can also say that wow is popular because it can handle old rigs too.
    Graphics are not everything in a game, yes in these years they must be good but there's no need to push it up till aoc were just by the fact that it required a decent pc it lost many subs that maybe could have stayed in game even now.

aion can be played on the VAST majority of systems as well....it is incredibly smooth.

Originally posted by gordunk

Ok...as an OB player, I found that auto-follow wasn't a factor in PvP.  Before Ascension when I was a scout, I dueled a scout a level higher than me.  If I could've recorded it, it would've looked IDENTICAL to a WoW duel.  We were crazily circle strafing each other, trying to back-stab etc.  I ended up winning despite the fact that he was a level above me.  And besides Auto-follow makes using the environment MORE fun, because you can hang people up on trees and crap if they try it.

this is correct.... the autofollow typically doesnt factor into PVP because of how much moving around people are doing to avoid eachother. it is nice when it helps however, and will do nothing but help players do better in PVP who typically have issues targeting people.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Read what you wrote and you will get it, you first started saying aion graphics are "ancient" or whatever comes to your mind which is not true maybe you don't like anime style but that would be an opinion then not a fact.

Texture maybe needs some fixing but till the game is visually beautiful it won't be much of importance and there's always patches and/or expansions that can fix this "problem" for you.

As I said in my previos post, people are mistaken graphics and art.

1) Graphics is technical aspect of the game. It is the technnology used.

2) Art is the design, style and 'look'.

Art is WHAT you are looking at and graphics is HOW it was done.

Aion graphics IS ancient, that is a fact. It is not submited to subjective opinion. It is build on engine from 2004 and does not use advanced techniques for 3D rendering.

Graphics part of the game was taken short in order as you said yourself - to be played by masses.

That description fits Aion truly well for other aspects of the game too, imho

LOL WOOOOOOOW..... are you some kind of idiot? the cryengine looks great even in todays standards. go freaking play farcry again, and you will see.... looks great. admittedly, aion doesnt use cryengines full capabilities, but it still looks amazing, the GRAPHICS, yes the graphics, are well done.... and the game runs extremely smooth.

oh and the art design is great too.... amazing armors and environs.

• Blank300Blank300 Member Posts: 62

It's funny how certain people compare Aion to WoW , a game that is dated and just plain borring.

One of the posts on here has inspired me to write alittle post:

A. Comparing Aions Combat system to WoW's and having WoW as the victor , hahahah is stupid, WoW's combat system is so terrible, that Everquests 1 combat system is more entainting. WoW = little crappy ass character swinging a sword the same way over and over, and even the abilities, if you can call them that, are garbage.

B. Yet again, comparing Aions controls to that of WoW's and implaying that the control sceme is clunky, do you even know what that word means? WoW's controls are the same, played wow for a long time since beta and played every mmo out to date, and by far Aions control sceme is fantasic.

C. If Aion will live past 4 years, now that is just a stupid remark,  considering all of Ncsofts games have done extremely well, except for Tabula rasa. My thoughts are that Aion will do very well, and will surpass WoW in many ways.

My final thoughts, Aion will not appeal to some , but alot of the population will enjoy Aion as much as I have, those people that complain and " Troll" on every new mmo including Aions forums, are doing so because these games threaten there little crap mmo.

Those fanbois will always be WoW players because they don't have the $$ to upgrade there rigs or buy anewer system, not saying "Every" wow player has crappy systems, just the ones trolling on every freaking forum, because they feel like they have to "Defend" World Of Warcrap.

• kamerakkamerak Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Blank300

It's funny how certain people compare Aion to WoW , a game that is dated and just plain borring.
    One of the posts on here has inspired me to write alittle post:
    A. Comparing Aions Combat system to WoW's and having WoW as the victor , hahahah is stupid, WoW's combat system is so terrible, that Everquests 1 combat system is more entainting. WoW = little crappy ass character swinging a sword the same way over and over, and even the abilities, if you can call them that, are garbage.
    B. Yet again, comparing Aions controls to that of WoW's and implaying that the control sceme is clunky, do you even know what that word means? WoW's controls are the same, played wow for a long time since beta and played every mmo out to date, and by far Aions control sceme is fantasic.
    C. If Aion will live past 4 years, now that is just a stupid remark,  considering all of Ncsofts games have done extremely well, except for Tabula rasa. My thoughts are that Aion will do very well, and will surpass WoW in many ways.
    My final thoughts, Aion will not appeal to some , but alot of the population will enjoy Aion as much as I have, those people that complain and " Troll" on every new mmo including Aions forums, are doing so because these games threaten there little crap mmo.
    Those fanbois will always be WoW players because they don't have the $$ to upgrade there rigs or buy anewer system, not saying "Every" wow player has crappy systems, just the ones trolling on every freaking forum, because they feel like they have to "Defend" World Of Warcrap.

amen

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

• Focus*BankaiFocus*Bankai Member Posts: 219

i kept it in topic lol obviously u didnt look over it enough

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

I respect everone's opinion on every game. All I'm going to say is I played AION and friggen love it! I can see this game is going to have me hooked for quite some time. Looking forward to the all nighters. :P

Only problem is I just bought Champions Online and love that too, hehe.

• vickiesvickies Member Posts: 48

One sentence that explains a lot to most people searching for a real experience in an mmorpg.

Zoning, very small (limited to level) single liniair world... and invisible walls ... everywhere.

Explain? Did the money ran out?

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270
    Originally posted by Focus*Bankai

i kept it in topic lol obviously u didnt look over it enough

I did, and you know exactly what I'm talking about. Dont try and act clever and funny, because your not. This is a forum for games, not political views. There are plenty of places to put forth your media induced, trash talking opinions, this...is not one of them.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• Focus*BankaiFocus*Bankai Member Posts: 219

someone is mr angry pants :( LOLUMAD!!! lol

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by vickies

One sentence that explains a lot to most people searching for a real experience in an mmorpg.
    Zoning, very small (limited to level) single liniair world... and invisible walls ... everywhere.

Aion got a ton of funding, probably one of the most expensive MMO projects, I suppose they didn't think of these things when making the game.

• roma650roma650 Member Posts: 26

wtf is wrong with u people...honstly i read 7-8 pages of thsi thread and most of them had "wtf this a terrible feature im not buying this game" comments on them...ok so it has auto follow big freking deal...pick a mele class(glad/templ),why dont u go in ure options turn it off, go to the abyss (lvl 25 when pvp starts), then try fighting a  spell caster, then after u lose and u will lose(and u will lose), turn the feature back on and do it one more time. Point is games with XYZ axis in pvp need this feature if not evryone has rainged attacks. Hell even EVE has this feature and its a space thing. Point is if a feature like this is then there for reason its a good game and u tards just need to nit pick it....do me a favor if u cant play an mmo becouse of one simple feature that makes ure life as a mele character easier then go play what u played before.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by roma650

wtf is wrong with u people...honstly i read 7-8 pages of thsi thread and most of them had "wtf this a terrible feature im not buying this game" comments on them...ok so it has auto follow big freking deal...pick a mele class(glad/templ),why dont u go in ure options turn it off, go to the abyss (lvl 25 when pvp starts), then try fighting a  spell caster, then after u lose and u will lose(and u will lose), turn the feature back on and do it one more time. Point is games with XYZ axis in pvp need this feature if not evryone has rainged attacks. Hell even EVE has this feature and its a space thing. Point is if a feature like this is then there for reason its a good game and u tards just need to nit pick it....do me a favor if u cant play an mmo becouse of one simple feature that makes ure life as a mele character easier then go play what u played before.

stop the argument players dont want auto follow period.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Dameaus

LOL WOOOOOOOW..... are you some kind of idiot? the cryengine looks great even in todays standards. go freaking play farcry again, and you will see.... looks great. admittedly, aion doesnt use cryengines full capabilities, but it still looks amazing, the GRAPHICS, yes the graphics, are well done.... and the game runs extremely smooth.

You're right, looks practicaly the same.

Far Cry 1 2004:
    http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6485/fa790screen010.jpg

Standard 2009:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/500/screen0006k.jpg

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Dameaus

You're right, looks practicaly the same.

Far Cry 1 2004:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6485/fa790screen010.jpg

Standard 2009:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/500/screen0006k.jpg

Yeah, FarCry and Aion do utilize the outdated CryEngine, however, the CryEngine 2 is beyond most computers can handle today, so the CryEngine is the best.

• GrumpyJesterGrumpyJester Member Posts: 96

It looks great, but it plays like WoW before the expansions: too much focus on groups, over-specialized classes with very little customization, grindy, etc.

Not for me, though I'm sure there are plenty of people who like it.

Originally posted by vickies

there are no channels once you enter the lvl 20 zone. the channels are there to ease players into the questing and leveling. Aions world opens up greatly post lvl 20.

Originally posted by GrumpyJester

It looks great, but it plays like WoW before the expansions: too much focus on groups, over-specialized classes with very little customization, grindy, etc.
    Not for me, though I'm sure there are plenty of people who like it.

omg.... i didnt think i would ever see anyone complain about classes being TO specialized..... oh how wow has ruined the MMO community.

gone are the days where classes had a specific role in life. thanks to wow, MMO players thing every class should be able to do everything. why? i have no idea why people would want this. it makes the game boring, generic, and not diversified...

• Spadez88Spadez88 Member Posts: 88

I hate following the crowd into main stream games, i always look for diamond in the rough.

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667

Originally posted by junzo316

Yeah....amazingly full of bots just like L2.

Ouch!!!!

If these guys couldn't keep L2 bot and hack free what will they do for Aion?

Nothing, because both used the Gameguard and it is flawed.

Hell I even botted my way to max in L2 and I am not a botter. Was super to bypass gameguard and sit out in a remote location and bot for money all night long and grind out the levels.

Give AION six months for some good coder to break Gameguard apart and there will be hacks all over this game.