Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Over, Now What?

SineathSineath Member Posts: 224

Open Beta is over.  The first half of the week were so full of crashes and lag, was horrible.  Then, poof, they fixed many of the problems and the game became playable again like in the closed betas.  I think Aion lost some players because of the rough start in Open Beta; they lost more due to gameguard issues.  But, there's still a large amount of people loving Aion.  I can't say I love it, but I definately like it.  The higher level, I've gotten, the more its grown on me and the more I've learned about it.  Its a slow leveling process but it continually adds things to the game as you level.  Damn it, if I STILL haven't seen any pvp, but by all accounts, its not a bad system.  Looking forward to the Headstart this coming Sunday.  Six days to go!

Comments

• tanoriltanoril Member Posts: 432

Wait for the next game to get hyped and shilled on MMORPG.com?

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Some peoples would say not to worry, after all, devs always have the magic patch that fix everything on launch right ? 

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

BETA is over and the early access starts on Sunday.  So it's less then a week, that's not to long to wait.  Gives me time to read up on some things.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• Markn12Markn12 Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Aguitha

Some peoples would say not to worry, after all, devs always have the magic patch that fix everything on launch right ? 

guess you didnt read this entire post.  There is nothing to fix that is effecting a majority group of people.  Infact most of the lag/crashes was on the network end of there servers and not the actual aion client.    The last 4 days of beta was mostly smooth.   There are a few crash issues but they have said they know whats causing it and a fix will be out before launch.

Aion may not be revolutionary but it does enough to keep me interested at every level and the Customer support so far is above par and the devs bave been amazing compared to other companys.

• matrixvsmatrixvs Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by Sineath

Open Beta is over.  The first half of the week were so full of crashes and lag, was horrible.  Then, poof, they fixed many of the problems and the game became playable again like in the closed betas.  I think Aion lost some players because of the rough start in Open Beta; they lost more due to gameguard issues.  But, there's still a large amount of people loving Aion.  I can't say I love it, but I definately like it.  The higher level, I've gotten, the more its grown on me and the more I've learned about it.  Its a slow leveling process but it continually adds things to the game as you level.  Damn it, if I STILL haven't seen any pvp, but by all accounts, its not a bad system.  Looking forward to the Headstart this coming Sunday.  Six days to go!

thats what betas are for

well i cant say i like gamegaurd since u can disable it very easy and just go on cheating.. but than again u musnt judge a game by the fact it has crap anti cheat ...  if there was a HUGE uprise with cheaters ingame than they would try to patch it like mad (thats what they did first month in azn release) but if that still wouldent work than they would prob see their error and switch to sumthing els

starts at lvl 20+ that u will get more pvp

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

You can log in on the 18th and make your character first, i will need the whole day to do it... XD

RIP Orc Choppa

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Well EU beta was flawelss until Sunday I will chill out.

Sunday i will cry knowing you bloody yanks are playing it whilst i'm having to wait till tuesday :)

in all seriousness Sunday i will probably spend 12 hrs getting my characters just right although i have a notepad with slider positions etc already jotted down I'm sure i can spend a lot more time in it doing fine tweaks or having another go at creating myself

• Markn12Markn12 Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by thamighty213

Sunday i will cry knowing you bloody yanks are playing it whilst i'm having to wait till tuesday :)

in all seriousness Sunday i will probably spend 12 hrs getting my characters just right although i have a notepad with slider positions etc already jotted down I'm sure i can spend a lot more time in it doing fine tweaks or having another go at creating myself

If you preordered both headstarts begin on the 20th.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

I'll probably spend about.....5 minutes pushing the automatic feature generators, change the hair and eye colors, add a few tattos and facial hair, and set the body size to tiny.....   and off I'll go.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

Come up with names for your toon and reserve them on September 18.

• plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by Markn12

OMG I just doubble checked that.. I get in on the 20th!  You totally made my day there Markn12.. hehe

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Markn12

ahh cool back when i ordered in Jan it was only a 3 day headstart 5 days now WOOO

any idea if EU getting pre-selection on 18th then ?

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

Well it is actually still 3 days headstart but 2 days pre select, so you get 2 days to reserve a name and make a char so when headstart comes around you just jump straight in and enjoy the mass ks'ing :)

My advice skip the first area quest and head straight for the first quest hub.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • wardog250wardog250 Member Posts: 249

This is information copied straight from their forums.

September 18 - Pre-selection  September 20 - Preorder Headstart (NA + EU)   September 22 - Release North America September 25 - Release Europe

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo Galilei

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I had a great time with the game and PvP was a lot of fun.  I actually enjoyed the rift concept more than I thought I would.  Can't wait for the head start.  About the only thing I'm hoping is when the game is actually live the community isn't as bad as it was during the ob.  From a pug standpoint it was easy enough to find groups so not so much that but the banter in chat was beyond reproach at times.  From people constantly insulting each other for god knows what reason to an on going feud of Aion vs WoW it was ridiculous at times.  What was really bad is sometimes it  would spill over into the other channels.

Hoipefully, it isn't this bad when it goes live.  Other than that I had a blast.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

...About the only thing I'm hoping is when the game is actually live the community isn't as bad as it was during the ob...

Of course it will be better. OB was free and open to everyone; retail will only be open to paying customers. You can't judge a community based on OB because many of the tools in OB won't be in retail. Of course, that won't stop the paying tools from creating the tiniest characters possible.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863
    Originally posted by Kyleran I'll probably spend about.....5 minutes pushing the automatic feature generators, change the hair and eye colors, add a few tattos and facial hair, and set the body size to tiny.....   and off I'll go.

Exactly!

I messed around enough with the CC system in open beta to have a good idea of how I want my toon to look like. It will take me no more than 5 minutes to create my gargantuan demonic red haired Asmodian with horns..  Unless NC Soft adds more customizable features at launch. But I believe there's so much to offer as it is now. Whats really cool about the CC system is you don't have to make a ordinary good guy/bad guy human. The options are limitless and it definitely adds to the roleplay aspect of the game. With some imagination, you can pretty much create your own favorite race such as Human, Dwarf, Dark Elf, High elf, Gnome, Demon, Goblinoid, etc...

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• bobericboberic Member Posts: 97

Now we sit and twiddle our thumbs and beat our meants like we did before the CBT's...lol but for real I guess we could go find a F2P mmo to entertain us for the time being. I recommend Chronicles of spellborn cus its actually pretty decent and it just went F2P...

////////////
    function()
    {
    runescape != goodgame;
    }

• NewmeanieNewmeanie Member Posts: 149

sit

wait

cry

reminisce

dream

sleep

wail

or move on with your life until the 20th

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I'll probably spend about.....5 minutes pushing the automatic feature generators, change the hair and eye colors, add a few tattos and facial hair, and set the body size to tiny.....   and off I'll go.

Yea I kind of agree with you on this one.

I think the biggest decision in character creation is whether you want to be 1foot tall or not

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I had a great time with the game and PvP was a lot of fun.  I actually enjoyed the rift concept more than I thought I would.  Can't wait for the head start.  About the only thing I'm hoping is when the game is actually live the community isn't as bad as it was during the ob.  From a pug standpoint it was easy enough to find groups so not so much that but the banter in chat was beyond reproach at times.  From people constantly insulting each other for god knows what reason to an on going feud of Aion vs WoW it was ridiculous at times.  What was really bad is sometimes it  would spill over into the other channels.
    Hoipefully, it isn't this bad when it goes live.  Other than that I had a blast.

no kidding, the chat was horrible.  I reported one guy and he said "you think im like this all the time? this is beta".  I just told him, of course  i think you are like this all the time, geesh; i dont know you except for the horrid things you are saying now.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• barackus28barackus28 Member Posts: 41

So those of us who preordered, do we have to download anything new or mess with our master account before thursday to make our characters? Or, just log in thursday like we did last week and create our toons? I know we will have to put in our credit cards at that time.