Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions on Exodus

CeleresCeleres Member Posts: 22

I'm thinking of going back to give Eve-Online Exodus a try, however, would you be so kind to answer some queries I have ?

1. Im mainly interested to try the complexes. Im bored with mining and I want to change my industrial to a cruiser and enter a complex. Where does one get missions or find these complexes ? Solo-able ? How's the loot ?

2. How's the new market system ? I dreaded everytime I have to dock, can I sell in space now ?

3. I've read the stock systems in the features page in the official website. Can you elaborate more on corp. stocks please ? Can the CEO now pay dividends out to shareholders ? Does the stockholders have any power to alter the corporation ?

4. What do you love about Exodus thus far ?

Thanks in advance.

"We stand united, to guide those oppressed by chaos; to the light".

Celestial Order - The Social Online Gaming Community

Comments

• Pk4UPk4U Member Posts: 127

1. You can get sent to them from agents, or find them.

2. The maket is now skill based. To be effective you needs trade skills. W/O skills you can only have 5 orders total, and can only be seen in the station (not in space).

With skills you can place sell/buy orders anywhere in the reigion, have reduced brokers fees and taxes. Only have to pay a % or nothing for buy orders. And you can have many more orders then someone w/o skills.

3. The taxes and stock system were supposed to come out, but they have been delayed.

4. Some of the new missions are really fun, like Damsel in Distress, and Pirata Extravaganzia. The UI is better able to handle fleet battles, too bad the server still can't ::::17::.

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

If u like soloing a lot then complexes are not for u......at least not the higher ones. Yet i think u can solo just fine in a 4/10 complex but don't expect to find some uber rare mods that will make u rich over night.

I like pvp-ing and thus far Exodus haven't came up with anything new for me except some limitations in fittings and maybe a little better performance when fighting in medium size groups (big fleet battles are still a lag fest no matter of what system u are running eve on), so ....... sadly but true i can't say i like something that came with Exodus......but this is only my opinion and it's from a pvp-ing point of view.

Some changes are yet to come and they will influence pvp but i'm affraid it will take some time and from a minmatarian point of view i feel betrayed by ccp: projectiles are somehow worthless and the closest weapon type of a minmatarian fighter besides projectiles are missiles ; missiles so far have not made it to tec 2 despite the fact that all the other weapon types did.....

Hope CCP will realise that there are some isues unresolved for allmost a full year and will give them priority over other things that are curently working and don't need atention .

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

exodus is alot better graphicaly (fps up 10-20/sec + new textures for planets / system backgrounds)  and even moving gear in hangers seems to be faster.  i find the game alot faster personaly.  new explosions are cool.  mining barges are cool (im a mining geek).  complexes are fun and each system has one i think or many do .. you can enter them (lower levels have ship restrictions ie a 1/10 level complex can only be entered by frigs (i think thats how it works)). the Player Owned Structures are not somehting one can do solo .. but they make my life in 0.0 alot better as we can now pick where we want to refine.  ice mining + moon mining has added a tonn of new materials that add to the economy .. and i dont think have truly impacted the game yet.  i like the mwd / ab nerf .. no more dual mwd and no more mwd and ab at the same time. (not sure if dual AB is an option still or not)  market can be accessed while in space .. i dont buy/sell much but i like being able to look stuff up while mining or hauling or traveling in general.  the gui is hard to get used to at first but i prefer it to the old one.  all in all exodus has been a great addition .. only drawback is that some find any changes hard to adapt to (such is life) and there are of course new / old bugs around.  servers have been a little funky lately for some reason.  i personaly dont get annoyed by bugs, i just try and work around them .. for some though bugs are a detraction from the game to such a degree they have quit.  

i would suggest giving it a shot anyhow though ,, nothing like checking it out yourself.

if you need a corp to join to quickly check the new features out look me / my corp up in game.

Toshiro of Ascendancy Inc.

• gimboidgimboid Member Posts: 15

1. Im mainly interested to try the complexes. Im bored with mining and I want to change my industrial to a cruiser and enter a complex. Where does one get missions or find these complexes ? Solo-able ? How's the loot ?

You get all of these from the same agents as before. the higher level the agent, the harder the complex, up to the level 4 agents, which require at least 2 or 3 people in skilled ships to complete. Although level 3 missions such as one called 'Pirate Extravaganza' is hard to complete and get the time bonus as it takes so long.

I really enjoy the complexes, its a refreshing change, and blowing up small docking bays and such for the explosions is good fun. loot is ok, ISK return on complex missions is much higher than old missions.

Other complexes are un-attached to missions, and you take part in them by finding them, they range in difficulty, and have a rating of 1-10 ( 1 being a concord set-up training complex, 10 being a small army needed to defeat) But i havent seen any of the rewards from these myself.

2. How's the new market system ? I dreaded everytime I have to dock, can I sell in space now ?

Theres a whole new skill system in place for just this, current players have around the same rights as before exodus, the two noticable differences being:-

(a) You can access the market and 'view' it all from space

(b) You can DIRECT buy things from space (but not buy-orders)

If you wish to do things like remotly sell your items, then you need to train up a specific skill, for example level 1 allows you to remotly sell items in your current solarsystem, up to level5 letting you remotly sell stuff in your region.

there are other skills for setting up remote buy orders, remote sell orders, skills that reduce the amount of taxes you pay on transactions etc. so traders become a real profession.

3. I've read the stock systems in the features page in the official website. Can you elaborate more on corp. stocks please ? Can the CEO now pay dividends out to shareholders ? Does the stockholders have any power to alter the corporation ?

Most of these features arent actually running yet, althought I believe dividends can be paid out.

4. What do you love about Exodus thus far ?

So Far, seeing the change in the economy, how players are reacting to starbases etc, I havent even seen one myself yet. all the new skills to choose from, as well as my favourite overall feature (personal though) is the new drone-interface, which makes drone-management so much more fun and hastle free

• CeleresCeleres Member Posts: 22

Thank you everyone for your replies. I've left Eve-Online after a month of playing, even though I was very active in a corp. - I was always mining in deep space. Im interested in coming back again, mainly because of complexes. I want to be more combat now, but the returns are far less than being aminer.

LOL, when I first started out, I wanted to be a 100% scientist.... then I saw the skill requirements, then I was given the wisdom of market information and how to penetrate it - even a small margin is hard.

There never will be instances in Eve: Can I solo complexes ? And do it, over and over and reap worthwhile rewards ?

Celestial Order - The Social Online Gaming Community