Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you play Aion at release? Why or Why Not?

Comments

• InstantOwnInstantOwn Member Posts: 43

Buddy, sorry to tell you aion is a overhyped korean grindfest. NCSOFT is already having problems with the game creating unessacery files in your computer. Aion is the next AoC Warhammer etc.. all those games where hyped and never ready for release. If you want a real mmo play WoW. This is coming from a lvl 34 Elyos Mage. The game burns out after lvl 10. Dont waste your time.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by InstantOwn

Buddy, sorry to tell you aion is a overhyped korean grindfest. NCSOFT is already having problems with the game creating unessacery files in your computer. Aion is the next AoC Warhammer etc.. all those games where hyped and never ready for release. If you want a real mmo play WoW. This is coming from a lvl 34 Elyos Mage. The game burns out after lvl 10. Dont waste your time.

buddy, im sorry to tell you this but you are a troll.

also OB/CB was only to level 30.

and you cant be a level 34 mage, mage only goes up to ten

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by teco221

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by InstantOwn

buddy, im sorry to tell you this but you are a troll.

also OB/CB was only to level 30.

He might be playing on Chinese Server.  so according to his post, AOC, Warhammer, and Aion are overhyped games.  How about  SWTOR, FFXIV, and STO????  Are they overhyped,too?  I would like to hear from him or people who said overhyped games are bad,  what's their view on those 3 games???

he said he was a level 34 mage, no such thing

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• shhwolf17shhwolf17 Member Posts: 146

if my preorder key (which I won in a contest on mmorpg.com) will continue through for one free month..then Im ALL for playing during launch..but if it doesnt..boo hoo..

I abolutely loved this game...I played for like 8 hours straight and was able to reach lvl 10..which is amazing because in WOW...it takes a good hour or 2 to get to lvl 10 so Aion is a really good grind game that held my attention :)

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

ok for the last time aion doesn't have forced pvp yes there are zones with "rifting" pvp zones but you can go to other zones without rifting <pvp> you can lvl from 1 to 50 without pvp if you dont want too. the new patch 1.5 added this just so you know.  but with a pvpve kinda game would be kinda dumb to play the game if you dont like pvp. but thats just my 2 cents i love pve and love pvp so yea i will be there. again for the tards aion does not have forced pvp.

• TisiphoneTisiphone Member Posts: 486

Will be playing. I weighed the positives and negatives and the positives outweigh the negatives enough to keep me busy until Secret World or something else I care about comes out.

PROS
    ----
    - Flight is AMAZING, physics of gliding, etc, are fun all on their own
    - Thinking three dimensionally is fun, Mr. Spock
    - Characters look unique and the graphics are lovely (except terrain)
    - The dark vs. light scenario is fun. I always enjoy smashing things for the powers of darkness ><p
    - The quests have been well-written and entertaining post level 10, so far.
    - Its going to be fun to play with my real life friends.
    - I enjoy the classes and I think I'll be quite entertained trying a few different ones using multiple builds.
    - Hopefully the tricky PvP and buggy beta scared away most of the 13-year-old WoW Night Elf Rogue idiots.

CONS
    ----
    - Not a lot of non-essential details. I prefer games that have more "useless" items, events, places, and detailed cities. Maybe the later ones will be more interesting.
    - Ground textures are -ugly-. (Perhaps they are addressing this in the patch?)
    - All the female voices are ridiculous.
    - PvP quality will depend on the server playerbase.

• luffyownzluffyownz Member UncommonPosts: 50

Sadly i won't :/

It turned me down a bit on some of it features (a lot lineage-like, I cannot fly for as much as i would want to and i find it even pathetic for my self to look for some high place or big stairs in order to jump and glide for a few secs in order to think "look i am flying" :P,even the in flight controls are kinda hard making it useless in pvp, no underwater gameplay and it sucks more cause u can die in a few secs if you make the mistake to jump in the water and u even loose exp for that..and yes loosing exp on death isn't the best death penalty i would like in a game) but actually i dont have such a big problem with these things.The real problem is that nothing impressed me and i was kinda bored..  i was leveling my toon  in order to see what the game has to offer on later levels and i didn't find something..So i am still bored, spending my time on these forums and still looking for an MMO to play..I guess i will give champions online a try since it seems interesting and a lot of people are making good comments about it...

• TheShimmersTheShimmers Member Posts: 76

Not till a few weeks after release. Just not enough money right now. Exciting time for games right now, can't wait to try it!

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Yah I've decided to play this game because Champions failed to hold it's novelty fun after about level 10, and WoW definitely does not entertain me anymore. This seems like a good compromise till FFIV, Diablo 3, SWTOR, or Guild Wars. I do love this game though, I am just not sure how long it truly can entertain someone. We will see though.

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Not playing because it failed to grab me from the get go.  And yes in 2009, you have literally 5 minutes to make me fall in love or I move on.  MMO space is overflowing with options, I have no time for the " it gets better" crowd.

• pbowmanpbowman Member UncommonPosts: 33

Probably not, made that mistake with AOC and WAR.  Will probably wait a bit and read all the reveiws.  I know a few of my friends are going to play and want to get their input also before I drop another 50 bucks.

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

yes im getting it the first day and im getting halo odst the same day too (i know halo is pretty cliche and overrated but firefight looks fun and  a bunch of friends are buying it) because a bunch of people from my college are making a guild and i wanna jump in asap and start to get to know the ins and outs of the game and find out more about the playstyles of my guild mates. i'm really excited for this game.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Originally posted by xbellx777
    yes im getting it the first day and im getting halo odst the same day too (i know halo is pretty cliche and overrated but firefight looks fun and  a bunch of friends are buying it) because a bunch of people from my college are making a guild and i wanna jump in asap and start to get to know the ins and outs of the game and find out more about the playstyles of my guild mates. i'm really excited for this game.

I would suggest you pre-order it, free month of gameplay if you do.

• WillenceWillence Member UncommonPosts: 3

I won't be playing Aion.  I thought the game was just terrible in the sense it offers really nothing new.  It's just more of the same.  And these games have sunk to the point where it's so dumbed down.  Do quests in hub 1, move to 2, move to 3 and then get a quest for your class that sends you back to all three.  Just seemed dumb to me in all regards.  I'm ready for some kind of advancement in these games.  The mass market type of games are killing this genre.

I could go on and on about what I didn't like with Aion but I won't.  The cut-scenes I have to mention though.  They are like watching an old episode of speedracer or something.  It's just horrible and so corny.  Maybe being in my 30's makes me too old for that game.  It just seemed juvenile and childish in almost all regards. 

I hope the people that like the game have fun.  I don't mean to insult what anyone likes.  I just didn't get it I guess.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Will I be playing Aion on release?

No I will not. I will not play it after release unless they add some great PvE aspects. I am not a fan of MMO PvP at all. Since Aions main focus end game is PvP, I am forced to skip this title. I hope it turns out to be a great game for those who like what its offering.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• blueelfblueelf Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by toddze

Will I be playing Aion on release?
    No I will not. I will not play it after release unless they add some great PvE aspects. I am not a fan of MMO PvP at all. Since Aions main focus end game is PvP, I am forced to skip this title. I hope it turns out to be a great game for those who like what its offering.

well acually in since they have, this recent patch they made it so you change channels  in the pvp area to avoid it

playing:Aion, shot online.
    waiting for: Terra
    Used to play:wow,EQ,EQ2,Rf Online, lineage II,Raganoke online.
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

• Rafterman414Rafterman414 Member Posts: 21

I wont be playing Aion at release. I tried the beta for a few days but didnt really get into it. I'm not saying that it's a bad game there just didnt seem to be anything keeping me playing it. To me it kind of felt like a Asian F2P game. Who knows maybe after a few months if it looks like it keeps going strong I'll give it another go around.

• HepisodicHepisodic Member Posts: 328

I'll be there... I got my CE box too. I can't wait.

Veritas Vos Liberabit- The truth will set you free.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

I've noticed a few people were upset that Aion focuses on pvp and are crying about it. IT WAS CLEARLY STATED IT WAS GONNA BE A PVP GAME GET OVER IT. Ty and goodnight

• PhiokuPhioku Member Posts: 36

Another typical stay on your PC for 8hrs grindfest just to get some solid gears. I ain't playing this crap.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270
    Originally posted by Phioku

Another typical stay on your PC for 8hrs grindfest just to get some solid gears. I ain't playing this crap.

This guys funny...totally wrong in his assumptions, but funny anyway!

I musta been doing it wrong, 8 hrs and I had 4 blues on my chanter and so many greens I was breaking them down for enchanting. Anyway, yeah I'll be playing for sure. Had a 27 temp in CB (rushed too much and missed alot) and a 24 chanter in OB (took the time to explore and enjoy). Love the rush of the PvP (abyss and rift), finding all the new, hidden, off the beaten path places, and rare spawns. Looking forward to hitting my first instance dungeon and helping build a great Legion thats compitent in the entire PvPvE this game offers, as well as looking forward to crafting accross the board.

This game offers so much if your willing to take the time to look for it. So many times people would ask me where I got something only to find out they walked right past it without even looking.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• kamerakkamerak Member Posts: 71

and how is this different from lets say WoW,WAR,EVE,EQ,. I mean come on its an MMO there's always going to be a grind, if grinding turns you off mabey console games are more your genre

Oh and I love the people saying they are not playing this game cause its forced pvp on these forums and even in the OB global channel the moment they found out this was a pvp game all the bitching and crying about how thats stupid and their not going to play it cause they dont like pvp etc. Its been known for quiet sometime that this is a pvp game you need to pvp to get the high end raids.

And side note I know OB attracts allot of people just wanting to play a free game and it at times got to the point where i just switched to my combat channel, I hope upon release that these people go away.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by kamerak

and how is this different from lets say WoW,WAR,EVE,EQ,. I mean come on its an MMO there's always going to be a grind, if grinding turns you off mabey console games are more your genre

Oh and I love the people saying they are not playing this game cause its forced pvp on these forums and even in the OB global channel the moment they found out this was a pvp game all the bitching and crying about how thats stupid and their not going to play it cause they dont like pvp etc. Its been known for quiet sometime that this is a pvp game you need to pvp to get the high end raids.

And side note I know OB attracts allot of people just wanting to play a free game and it at times got to the point where i just switched to my combat channel, I hope upon release that these people go away.

People who play MMos then complain about the grind are usually not serious MMO gamers.

Every MMo has a grind, there really is no need to reprove this point every time some moron complains they arent playing X MMo because of the grind.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• CaleveiraCaleveira Member Posts: 556

I voted no, i like the game and will be playing but not at the release. I'm thinking December will be a good moment to join as there will likely be some sort of nice event or rebate to atract holiday shoppers. Also the comunity will be somewhat developed, meaning it will be much easier to find game info or help, and it shouldn't be difficult to find a place in a good guild as many people who joined for the hype or the more pve oriented players should be leaving November through January. I'm used to heavy grinders/pvp oriented games so missing the head start really isn't an issue for me.

Just to make things clear...
    I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

I've noticed a few people were upset that Aion focuses on pvp and are crying about it. IT WAS CLEARLY STATED IT WAS GONNA BE A PVP GAME GET OVER IT. Ty and goodnight

If your refering to my post you need to grow up a little. OP asked if we were going to be playing, why or WHY NOT. I am not crying its pvp, for all i care it could be FFA pvp. I avoid PvP centric mmo games. If you cant handel why people wont play a game that you like maybe you shouldnt open a thread in which there will be people giving reasons as to why they will/WONT be playing. You may have a point if someone of my gaming style buys a game and then gets pissed because its PvP focus.

Other than the fact that I think MMO PvP is weak and not fun, a major benifit of not liking mmo pvp is that people like you do like it and I avoid the masses of asshats that PvP attracts. Thankfully I can kill 2 birds in one stone.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI