Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1199 days? Secret World set for 2012?

If you havent been there already check the webby, www.darkdaysarecoming.com/ it has a count down timer.

Wouldnt be surprised if they released it in 2012 to coincide with the end of the world myth XD.

Comments

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

Just read its by Funcom, sheesh why oh why is that company doing another mmo when they Still havnt fixed or finished the other 2...   so I guess you can say good bye to much support on the previous ones

• HepisodicHepisodic Member Posts: 328
    Originally posted by Houndeye

If you havent been there already check the webby, www.darkdaysarecoming.com/ it has a count down timer.

Wouldnt be surprised if they released it in 2012 to coincide with the end of the world myth XD.

They already announced in some Convention, (I forgot which one) that it would be released in 2012.

It looks really good and I also can't wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully they've learned from AoC and will polish this game off very well before release.

Veritas Vos Liberabit- The truth will set you free.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

845 days from now to 12/31/2011

1199 days from now would be Thursday, December 20, 2012

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• JesterDarklyJesterDarkly Member Posts: 20

It's been said over and over again that the countdown timer you can see in the official site is indeed towards 2012 the intended end of the world by the Mayan calendar. It's been stated also that 2012 is not the release year. The game has been in development for more than 3 years by now. Official release date is not out yet, but it's not at 2012!!!

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Has anyone played Ragnar's previous games? Longest Journey or whatnot?

Anarchy Online had a rough start, but it's still a decent game.

Supposedly they are using an updated version of the Conan engine, so that's a plus?

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

I think a 2012 release is quite likely for a number of reasons:

1. Development: Good amount of time develop the game, which only really started getting resources allocated  a year ago

2. Technology: Usually major hardware upgrades every 4-5 years. Last was in 2007 (45nm/DDR3/SSD a.o.)

3. Financial: Funcom has cash for about another 3 years, assuming a slowly increasing burnrate

4. Competition: By 2012 AoC will probably be a marginal game and AO history

• Wookiee6648Wookiee6648 Member Posts: 131

This game will fail.... well the world will fail, since it will come to an end on Dec 21st, 2012.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Wookiee6648

This game will fail.... well the world will fail, since it will come to an end on Dec 21st, 2012.

and anyone who believes that crap will fail...

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by Katilla

Originally posted by Wookiee6648

and anyone who believes that crap will fail...

I think he was referring to the "lore" of the game, and not trolling (i.e. the world will come to an end the day the game is released, hence 'fail') :)

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Hepisodic

They already announced in some Convention, (I forgot which one) that it would be released in 2012.

No they didn't. STOP making shit up.

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

a spiteful reminder maybe?

their way of telling us "dont ask"

still got a ways to go towards "customer service"

i would give the company.. eeehhh... 5 bucks if they would just not use EE for the voice

thats 5 bucks to a company that has lied to me just to get him out of this picture

they got no trust from me.  this time, I will wait :)

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Wintersbite

Forsure. No one said anything like that at all. They've repeatedly stated that there is no set release date as of yet.

I would say release around winter 2010. Fall seems like wishfull thinking. Although looking at the visuals so far and interviews it seems to be coming along nicely. Wouldnt be surprised if closed beta started early next year. gooodd I hardly even play games anymore but this one's got me checkin for news on it almost daily it just looks soo sick

• brezelbrezel Member Posts: 202

better wait for SWTOR ...! the secret world is still a funcom game, i bet most players will be again very disappointed... well, calm down and stop the unnecessary hype :]

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050
    Originally posted by dyermaker714

Originally posted by Wintersbite

FOREAL. fuckin dumb. no one said anything like that at all.

I would say release around winter 2010. Fall seems like wishfull thinking. Although looking at the screenshots and interviews it seems to be coming along nicely. wouldnt be surprised if closed beta started early next year

They said they were pretty far off, so late 2010 is the best we can hope for. But 2011 is a possibility. I doubt very much it will be 2012, because that is way too far off.

Yes 2012 is a little far. Still leaning for 2010 tho just seems like the hype would dye down by 2012. never know tho

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Fool me once, shame on me, full me twice, screw you funcom. I won't decalre "Secret World" as upcoming failure, but how bad would it suck to be all you guys waiting from this point on just to see it fail as bad as AOC. Have fun watching the forever passings of upcoming titles. Guarenteed by the time secret world comes out 20+ other MMOs looking 10 times better will have already been announced or close to release.

Ahh, it feels good to be not lost in a forum bases MMO hunt for the "Right MMO".

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

guess i wont be checking up on this game for another 1000 days....

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

naw nothings guaranteed to fail. I think it looks great and in most cases pretty original. something ive never seen in an mmo. plus the no leveling system sounds pretty cool if they can pull it off. well just have to wait and see. even if some other badass mmo's come out i see this at least being in the top 10 at its release (hopefully soon) FUNCOM IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, HURRY UP!

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by dyermaker714

naw nothings guaranteed to fail. I think it looks great and in most cases pretty original. something ive never seen in an mmo. plus the no leveling system sounds pretty cool if they can pull it off. well just have to wait and see. even if some other badass mmo's come out i see this at least being in the top 10 at its release (hopefully soon) FUNCOM IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, HURRY UP!

Lol, the perfect thing to say here would be. Time will only tell. But i'm not holding my breath on this one, i'm finally back into my groove and actually able to play a MMO I like for a couple years. Bout damn time.

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604
    Originally posted by JesterDarkly

It's been said over and over again that the countdown timer you can see in the official site is indeed towards 2012 the intended end of the world by the Mayan calendar. It's been stated also that 2012 is not the release year. The game has been in development for more than 3 years by now. Official release date is not out yet, but it's not at 2012!!!

END OF THREAD

Thank you ^^