Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Why Some People Dislike Aion

diruuudiruuu Member Posts: 62

Most people Hate Aion because they say the game lacks content and only the graphics is whats attracting players. i see a lot of " i got a couple characters pass lvl 10 and it all feel pretty much the same to me yadedeyada" but with those people is that they failed to realise MAYBE Aion's game content happens at laters lvls? im sure beta only goes up to lvl 30 and people to grinded to around that lvl over and over again must feel bored with the game. use common sense! Wow doesnt have all its content shown at lvl 10s do they!

Comments

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Lol, if you players start to review a game when the cap is lvl 10, they are really retarded I mean, wich mmorpg is fun at lvl 10? None. If wow preorder had lvl cap 10, anyone would say that wow sux, but after the game would be complete, any would would go back to their toon lvl up to 80 and say the game is fun.(Personally, i still dont like wow)

Use common sense guys, i mean, the cap is lvl 10 or 30 because you are playing a demo. Its not like the aion dev would just give you all the content so gold sellers would get the time to start selling golds at launch or anything like that...

If i play a demo of unreal tournament, there is only one death match map, 3 guns and say that the game sux after i would be a retard myself.

Conglusion, you guys should never play a demo, a beta or any none complete game again so you wont get drop to the bad conclusion and say that the game is bad.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

What exactly leads you two to believe the game gets better at end levels if you haven't played end levels yourself?

This argument was also made for Warhammer, btw.  Many people told critics to not judge the game based on the early levels because the endgame and cityseiges were "where the real game is", despite not having played at endgame themselves.  Once everyone got to endgame, they found out they were wrong, and endgame was not fun and didn't work right.

As far as I know the only people that even know what endgame in Aion is like are people that have played the chinese client, and I don't see many of them on here raving about how awesome the game gets at endgame based on personal experience.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Because it's totally awesome for a MMORPG to become a MMORPG which actually involves playing with 20+ people in PvE and PvP at endgame only. 

Plus, there's WoW for that, why would I want to start another MMORPG that goes with the same approach as it? No, not all MMOs must be grind for 40-200 levels then the real game starts.It's the same thing: doing quests that involve killing/getting quest items of X, by using the same skill-spamming built around a global cooldown and the occasional auto-attack. When you reach endgame, you either start doing closed instances or PvP, to be feed with epics and other items occasionally. WoW will always dominate at this type of MMORPG and no MMO will have more than 100k+ subs if they go for this very same approach.

It's time for devs to pul some innovative. If EVE did it, they can do it as well.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by diruuu

Most people Hate Aion because they say the game lacks content and only the graphics is whats attracting players. i see a lot of " i got a couple characters pass lvl 10 and it all feel pretty much the same to me yadedeyada" but with those people is that they failed to realise MAYBE Aion's game content happens at laters lvls? im sure beta only goes up to lvl 30 and people to grinded to around that lvl over and over again must feel bored with the game. use common sense! Wow doesnt have all its content shown at lvl 10s do they!

Im sorry, but if I dont  like a game in the first hours I considerer a Fail! This game is just another Asian grinding festival with nice graphics and lame quests ( Bring X baskets of fruit!!??!!) Im fed up with this type of MMORPG! How about some interesting story? Plz no more "Kill X rats because I want to get rid of this pest in my village"!  If this goes on, it could be the end for  MMO Genre. No Imagination! Just using same old formulas! Maybe "APB "makes the diference or "SW:TOR"...

• AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

What exactly leads you two to believe the game gets better at end levels if you haven't played end levels yourself?
    This argument was also made for Warhammer, btw.  Many people told critics to not judge the game based on the early levels because the endgame and cityseiges were "where the real game is", despite not having played at endgame themselves.  Once everyone got to endgame, they found out they were wrong, and endgame was not fun and didn't work right.
    As far as I know the only people that even know what endgame in Aion is like are people that have played the chinese client, and I don't see many of them on here raving about how awesome the game gets at endgame based on personal experience.

Lol, only thing I have to say to this is, the OP is right and the thing that sticks out the most is he said maybe the end content is the best content, basically from what I got from his post is saying please hold off on judgements, its like picking a blind date all you get to see is their feet and your picking off of that, it could turn out great or it could turn out horrible. None of us know what Aion holds in later levels but judging at this early stage is sort of stupid.

The people that played on the chinese client also haven't come on here raving how the end game content sucks also so my idea is either they don't post on these forums or they just don't care and are playing Aion.

Damnant quod non intellegunt
    Originally posted by LoboMau

Im sorry, but if I dont  like a game in the first hours I considerer a Fail! This game is just another Asian grinding festival with nice graphics and lame quests ( Bring X baskets of fruit!!??!!) Im fed up with this type of MMORPG! How about some interesting story? Plz no more "Kill X rats because I want to get rid of this pest in my village"!  If this goes on, it could be the end for  MMO Genre. No Imagination! Just using same old formulas! Maybe "APB "makes the diference or "SW:TOR"...

Your going to get the same type of quests in SW:TOR more than likely but their main quest line will be extremely in depth in comparasion to todays standards.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Games should be enjoyable from the start to the end, and not be a chore for the first dozen hours. If many people dislike Aion throughout the first levels, then either they are the wrong target audience or the developers screwed up.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

First i dont buy that "it gets better later" theory.  If you are a game developper it doesnt make sense to make the first part of the game sucks, you are trying to get peoples ya know, why would you make the first 10-20 or 30 levels bad compared to the rest of the game ?

Secondly, AION bring absolutly nothing new to the table (except for flying combat).  And from what i read, there is lack of content later on, so nothing new + lack of content = grind and grind = no fun.

3rdly, i dont like the atmosphere of the game, it's too asian to my taste.  It feels exactly like all those 100 free 2 play asian grinder.

Originally posted by Thenarius

Because it's totally awesome for a MMORPG to become a MMORPG which actually involves playing with 20+ people in PvE and PvP at endgame only. 

Plus, there's WoW for that, why would I want to start another MMORPG that goes with the same approach as it? No, not all MMOs must be grind for 40-200 levels then the real game starts.It's the same thing: doing quests that involve killing/getting quest items of X, by using the same skill-spamming built around a global cooldown and the occasional auto-attack. When you reach endgame, you either start doing closed instances or PvP, to be feed with epics and other items occasionally. WoW will always dominate at this type of MMORPG and no MMO will have more than 100k+ subs if they go for this very same approach.

It's time for devs to pul some innovative. If EVE did it, they can do it as well.

lol, im sorry your saying EVE doesnt have those types of quests...... your sadly mistaken, I have gone on tons of fetch missions, go kill these guys missions, or even go gather these ore type of missions.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Well the way the OP should have made the arguement was that pvp doesn't start till lvl 19 or 20.  Take the pvp out and yeah the game is just an angel themed MMORPG.  People who want really intricate and innovative quests 1-10 are morons though.. if you actually stop and think you'd realize that would hurt the game overall.. sadly most mmo players can't handle hard quests... if it's too soon they'll cry and quit.  The whole dissonance theory.. "well I can't do this quest this game probably isn't that good anyway".

Maybe as a player we'd like those idiots to quit.... but from a business standpoint they wouldn't.  So 1-10 things are going to be relatively easy.  People still can't manage to find Tutty (Aion's mankirk's wife) though.

My worry is how many people are playing aion that don't want to pvp? and will it effect the game down the line.  I really enjoy the game :) and I joined a guild with several people who played the chinese client till 40+ and they liked it enough to start over and play the NA version... so I can't imagine the game being bad later on.

Edit: to the guy above me.. Eve has it's own issues.. the skill system is kind of lame also.    However, Eve has a pretty cool newbie quest line, but it isn't repeated so much after that.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

The reality of the situation is this... the game has decent graphics.  Decent, not better than decent for a 2009 p2p mmo.  The game makes you run some of the most uninspired gameplay missions imaginable for the first 10 hours of play or more.  There are some f2p games that although they are not perfect or graphically as polished are still more enjoyable in the first 10 hours than Aion.  It's just a matter of taste, some people find mindless running back and forth satisfying enough.  It might be if you added a bit of discovery and lore to it but it doesn't really feel like that. 

Well think of it this way, you'll never get those 10 hours back.  If you didn't find them enjoyable why would you keep playing with the expectation that things will suddenly turn around at later levels and the game will become something more than prettily repetitive.  I know if I get bored with a single player game in the first 10 hours I get irritated.  It's supposed to be a joy-ride during the whole experience, you aren't supposed to have to work hard to find enjoyment in games (what is the definition of a game again?)  you pay money for.  If I wanted to work hard with little enjoyment I can go back to real life work 8 )

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

Past 10 the game does get more interesting.  Leveling 1-10 doesn't take 10 hours though.. one guy in my guild did it in 2 hours by just grinding mobs... which kinda sucks cause I hate grinding like that.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

If you like the game... and someone else doesn't.  Instead of getting mad/upset or having to post about it... ignore them.  If they are on this site and running the game down... and you can't take it... block them.

I'm not saing this to be mean.

Games are a subjective form of art.  Which means that your point of view.. or my point of view.. or anyone.. is 100% for each.

If I think Aion is the best MMO ever made.. that is going to be my perspective no matter what someone else thinks.

If I thought it was the worst MMO ever made... ^^ see above.

I like to debate stuff... or counter totally false statements (or try to) but its hard to argue someones point of view on subjective material...

Originally posted by Angier2758

Past 10 the game does get more interesting.  Leveling 1-10 doesn't take 10 hours though.. one guy in my guild did it in 2 hours by just grinding mobs... which kinda sucks cause I hate grinding like that.

How exactly does it get more interesting?  I played to 12 and didn't see 10-12 as any different than 1-10 except I had wings which I couldn't use in most areas and served no purpose.

The endgame might be awesome (which I really doubt based on what I played), but I'm not likely to play the most boring quest-system in any MMORPG ever devised for 30 levels just to find out.

How exactly does it get more interesting?  I played to 12 and didn't see 10-12 as any different than 1-10 except I had wings which I couldn't use in most areas and served no purpose.

The endgame might be awesome (which I really doubt based on what I played), but I'm not likely to play the most boring quest-system in any MMORPG ever devised for 30 levels just to find out.

Most boring?  Really?  Vanguard, WoW, EQ2, WAR, AoC all had similar quest systems.. you could say WAR has PQs... but no one does them beyond grinding the easy parts...  So saying it's the most boring is kinda silly. 

Hell Vanguard (you know the game all the vanguard players say is so hard) starts with kill 4 things + gather 10 things... then the next two quests involve pick up something, kill some stuff and spray some stuff...then you go on a click on something and kill some more stuff quests.. fast forward to 40+ and it's the same stuff.. kill this.. pick up that.

And you're saying Aion is the most boring?  From my experience what it's guilty of is just doing what other major games have done.

And yes the game does get more interesting (as much as questing can be).  It's no more interesting than any of the other games I list.  I'm a pvp focused player though so none of it is woohoo for me.

PS- playing an MMO for the first time is like going on a date.... if you really wanna be there with her you'll be happy.. if you go on the date thinking it's going to be the worst date ever.. chances are it's going to be bad for you.  I think that's the trap people fall into (for the fanboys and the critics). 

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Most boring?  Really?  Vanguard, WoW, EQ2, WAR, AoC all had similar quest systems.. you could say WAR has PQs... but no one does them beyond grinding the easy parts...  So saying it's the most boring is kinda silly. 
    Hell Vanguard (you know the game all the vanguard players say is so hard) starts with kill 4 things + gather 10 things... then the next two quests involve pick up something, kill some stuff and spray some stuff...then you go on a click on something and kill some more stuff quests.. fast forward to 40+ and it's the same stuff.. kill this.. pick up that.
    And you're saying Aion is the most boring?  From my experience what it's guilty of is just doing what other major games have done.

And yes the game does get more interesting (as much as questing can be).  It's no more interesting than any of the other games I list.  I'm a pvp focused player though so none of it is woohoo for me.

The more you play games that have these kind of systems, the more boring it gets.

The first time you experienced it must've been pretty fun and exciting, but since MMO companies don't want to create anything new the more times you do the same thing over and over again, the worse it gets.

This guy must've played lots of MMO's before trying Aion, and it's quite clear that Aion would have the most boring system out of all of them- which doesn't mean that the system is bad, only that it's been overdone too many times.

If he tried another game with a similar system half a year from now, he'd say that it has the most boring system out of all of the ones mentioned including Aion. Aion just happens to be the newest out of the bunch.

And yes, that is why some people dislike Aion. Not because it doesn't have content, but because they've seen it all before X number of times. If a guy hasn't played WoW, L2 or similar MMO before or only one of them it's hard to understand why they'd say it's boring- since to that guy it's still quite new and entertaining way of playing.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

The more you play games that have these kind of systems, the more boring it gets.

The first time you experienced it must've been pretty fun and exciting, but since MMO companies don't want to create anything new the more times you do the same thing over and over again, the worse it gets.

This guy must've played lots of MMO's before trying Aion, and it's quite clear that Aion would have the most boring system out of all of them- which doesn't mean that the system is bad, only that it's been overdone too many times.

If he tried another game with a similar system half a year from now, he'd say that it has the most boring system out of all of the ones mentioned including Aion. Aion just happens to be the newest out of the bunch.

And yes, that is why some people dislike Aion. Not because it doesn't have content, but because they've seen it all before X number of times. If a guy hasn't played WoW, L2 or similar MMO before or only one of them it's hard to understand why they'd say it's boring- since to that guy it's still quite new and entertaining way of playing.

I came from Vanguard before this (which has some cool classes) but has no real pvp; their pvp server has like 5 people and those 5 people are the nimrods that thought it was a good idea to camp the 6th guy that left yesterday.  That being said I've been itching for a decent PVP game since WAR blew so hard.  Whoever was making the decisions at WAR was such a complete and utter idiot I think he shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317

And for all new mmorpgs: this  argument was also made for war, aoc, tabula rasa, hellgate london, vanguard lotro and all mmorpgs.

if you don't like a game stop it, don't pay for it, never trust the fanboys. A boring/bugged/empty game at level 10 will be a boring/bugged/empty game at level 50. You only need 10 levels (sometimes less ) to judge a game. 

This game is polished but looks like (not only the graphics i mean also the gameplay) another korean f2P game. You want fly ? Take PW, same kind of industrial product and F2P. AION is the 1st polished game since Lotro, that's all. 

Sssssuuurrreeee....

So I take it vanguard looks like a f2p korean game?

Or WoW?

Or WAR???  (heck WAR had bad enough graphics and gameplay they should be paying me 2 play)

I smell a troll.

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317

i smell a fanboy. have fun with hyour new toy if you can reach HL and play PVP 6 months with "aiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiooooooooooooooooooooooooone "

nothing new, nothing interesting. bye

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Sssssuuurrreeee....

So I take it vanguard looks like a f2p korean game?

Or WoW?

Or WAR???  (heck WAR had bad enough graphics and gameplay they should be paying me 2 play)

I smell a troll.

Doesn't matter what it looks like, if it plays the same..

Of course some of us might be shallow enough that only graphics matter, not the gameplay.. in which case they shouldn't have any problem with Aion. Good for them!

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

PS- playing an MMO for the first time is like going on a date.... if you really wanna be there with her you'll be happy.. if you go on the date thinking it's going to be the worst date ever.. chances are it's going to be bad for you.  I think that's the trap people fall into (for the fanboys and the critics). 

Yes, most boring.  In Aion, you're being herded through areas for at least 10 levels without any choice on where to go.  No group quests, no instances- just the worst kind of quests over and over, then proceed to the next area where you do the same for the next few levels.  No other game is like that (that I've played anyway, including WAR, LOTRO, WoW, AOC and ffxi).

You didn't explain why exactly the game gets better after level 10.

I went into the Beta optimistic and really hopeful to find a new game to play for awhile.  If anything, my optimism made it even more obvious that Aion has the worst beginning questing system of any MMORPG ever made.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

lol.. content? Aion is a FREE2PLAY look alike game.  It dosent get better after 30.. HAHA  and you complared it to WOW..  WOW does not feel, look like a FREE2PLAY.. even then you had more then ONE starting area. Some HAVE played on China, korean and KNOW its a grind.. yet its PVP..

Originally posted by ougarit

i smell a fanboy. have fun with hyour new toy if you can reach HL and play PVP 6 months with "aiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiooooooooooooooooooooooooone "

nothing new, nothing interesting. bye

So I'll translate:

"My statement about Aion looking like a f2p korean game has been proven false so I'll change my arguement.  I have nothing intelligent to say so I'll jump on the lemming train and make fun of the game's name and repeat a catch phrase I saw in another post.  Good day sir!" 

Originally posted by Zeblade

lol.. content? Aion is a FREE2PLAY look alike game.  It dosent get better after 30.. HAHA  and you complared it to WOW..  WOW does not feel, look like a FREE2PLAY.. even then you had more then ONE starting area. Some HAVE played on China, korean and KNOW its a grind.. yet its PVP..

It looks better than WoW by far.... so how does Aion look like a f2p and WoW doesn't?  Some of you guys just repeat the same ol stuff without any real thought.  If you don't want to play the game that's cool, but this garbage that people just assume korean = f2p is just ignorant.

Have fun in WoW.

PS- for holdenhamlet (sorry if I mauled your name) the game does get more interesting 10+.  You have group quests and much tougher quests.  More BAF mobs and mobs that can heal themselves and their buddies.  I had to help my guildies last night fight a captain and her guards.  The fight took 4 players (we were mid teens).  It's a little bit tougher than say WoW mid teens or Vanguard mid teens.  WAR really had no pve that was decent so I won't use it as a comparison.