Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download woes

Idnc31Idnc31 Member Posts: 25
I was downloading the new free anarchy online. I started early yesterday and it kept going throughout the night. I stayed up a really long time hoping it would finish but it only got about half way through. So I went to bed around 4 am. I woke up today at about 10 and went downstairs to get some breakfast. When I came up stairs i say my little sister sitting at the computer and saw her cancel the download right b4 it finished. It literally had less than an hour left. I flipped out. I had to start all over again and i'm still not done. How awful is that.

SO BORED

Comments

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

I recommend downloading from fileplanet's Direct2Drive system. Just trust me, you won't have to pay, and you'll get a decent download speed and 0 (yes NO) wait time. enjoy.

SOE makes decent games that appeal to nerds. Their customer service is run by jocks who bully nerds. Wonder why SOE sucks so bad...

• Idnc31Idnc31 Member Posts: 25
    i downloaded it from fileplanet. Now wat do i do? nothing happens.

SO BORED

Just install it and run it. It'll update the files as needed.

SOE makes decent games that appeal to nerds. Their customer service is run by jocks who bully nerds. Wonder why SOE sucks so bad...

• MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709

Okay, i must be a complete dumb*** to not figure this out.

I downloaded AO, it was in its .zip, so i extracted it in a new folder. i click on setup and it tells me to click on the install.exe file. So i do just that, but hten i get an error that says i must go to my control panel to "configure/install windows components".  So what did i do wrong?

Shouldn't just opening setup ensue that it will start installing!?

Originally posted by MajorBiggs
    Okay, i must be a complete dumb*** to not figure this out.
    I downloaded AO, it was in its .zip, so i extracted it in a new folder. i click on setup and it tells me to click on the install.exe file. So i do just that, but hten i get an error that says i must go to my control panel to "configure/install windows components". So what did i do wrong?
    Shouldn't just opening setup ensue that it will start installing!?

Hrm, not sure what the problem is man :( Wish I could help you out, but without seeing your computer itself and what exactly is coming up, and your OS and such, it's almost impossible to guess what the problem is.