Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skillbased sanboxy/hybrid Game?

I was in another forum and somone hinted at this game being skill based (Stat and skill allocation).

So ill ask here, will The secret world be some type of hybrid game? 

Hybrid as in a bit sandbox with a bunch of themepark features also simnilar to games like AO and AC.

If this game has a skill system under the hood and some player progression freedom I may be interested.

Im asking here first before I start my research.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Comments

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885

From what I understood frokm a interview I read they seem to aim to make TSW more of a skillbased game rather then the traditional level based. So things looks like it will be more of a sandbox MMO rather then the traditional themepark MMO where you enter x zone to farm x mobs and then move to x zone to repeat everything again.

Looking forward to see more of what they plan here, as if it is skill based it is a thing that will interest me a lot.

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Ragnar has said that TSW will be both classless (at least in some sort) and levelless, and will be based on skill instead, but if you wait for tormorrow, we might find out alot more, as the embargo for the press on PAX is lifted, and articles will flood the websites. :)

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Thank you for the info guys. If this game is Hybrid or sandboxy at all ill toss it on my watch list.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

It's skill-based sandbox with some a bit of themepark thrown in. Advancement is totally skill based and revolves around the faction you join and advancement through the tiers of your faction.

There aren't a lot of details as of yet but I suggest you check out Darkdaysarecoming.com and crygaia.com :)

Also check out some popular gaming websites for interviews and writeups released today. IGN, eurogamer, rock, paper, shotgun, etc.