Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Now Live

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Turbine has announced today that Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited is now live. Eberron Unlimited is completely free-to-play, though offers a subscription option for users who desire VIP Access. Alternatively, players can purchase a variety of additional game features a la carte from the game's in-game DDO Store.

A break down of some of Eberron Unlimited's main features can be found below:

• DDO Unlimited’s New Content & Features – DDO Unlimited delivers a new class, increases the level cap to 96 ranks, introduces new adventure packs including a new 12-player raid, and features major combat improvements.
  • The Fiercest Combat of any MMO – DDO Unlimited features an extraordinary heart- pounding combat experience that requires players to fully engage in the battle by relying on their wits and reflexes in real time. No more clicking skills and watching the action from the sideline.
  • Mind-blowing Visuals – Explore a vast and dangerous online world that features the most advanced graphics in the industry and is stuffed with the legendary monsters, glorious treasures, devious traps, mind-bending puzzles and endless adventures from the world’s best known RPG.
  • Full-featured MMO – Experience sophisticated systems found only in the best games including auctions, NPC hirelings, arena death matches (Player versus Player), crafting, and powerful social tools for finding a group, forming a guild or planning an epic raid!
  • Easier Than Ever! – DDO Unlimited gets you playing in minutes instead of hours, using new proprietary Turbine technology. Creating a new character is incredibly simple with guides and templates that speed you through the process. Features an all-new new player experience that gives gamers their first taste of excitement quickly while teaching them how to play solo or with a group of fellow adventurers. 

Dust off your sword and shield and get started here.

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by farlin

*Sigh*...
    Waiting on hold with account management to activate DDO Unlimited with an existing account. Appears there are no facilities to do this online, so it has to be done by emailing the account support team or calling them. And do note the phone is a long distance call. :(
    http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport/account-support

I thought you could just logg in if you have an old account. Old players have had access to DDO:Unlimited since the 1st.

Good luck Turbine, seems like the F2P launch was very smooth, it will be interesting so see how this will turn out :)

If you are new to the game check out this list of usefull links for alot of great DDO resources!

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

Its  an OK game, but on a whole D&D has never been my cup o' tea. Back in the day, some friends of mine even tried to get me to play D&D P&P.  Old time D&D fans will now what I mean, everyone else Google is your friend.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Papadam

I thought you could just logg in if you have an old account. Old players have had access to DDO:Unlimited since the 1st.

Good luck Turbine, seems like the F2P launch was very smooth, it will be interesting so see how this will turn out :)

If you are new to the game check out this list of usefull links for alot of great DDO resources!

I used to have an LOTR account and did not get the access on the 1st. :) I am interested in DDO, been playing pen and paper for many years and beta tested DDO before launch. It was rocky at the time, but want to check it out again especially since its F2P. I don't think its a smooth launch at all, at least not for players with existing accounts who did not subscribe to DDO. Probably a small portion of the populace, but nonetheless its not been easy. Best I can hope for is 3-4 days or an hour wait on a long distance call. I sat in queue for 20 minutes on the phone and said its not worth the minutes, I can wait a few more days I suppose. :)

Oh ok, that sucks.

You could create a seperate account for DDO without any problems (just did myself to try it out)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• imouthosimouthos Member Posts: 25

I used to have an LOTR account and did not get the access on the 1st. :)

The head start was only for people who had previously subscribed to DDO at any point and for beta testers (closed and fileplanet stress-test). You wouldn't have been included for your LOTRO account.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Originally posted by Papadam

I used to have an LOTR account and did not get the access on the 1st. :) I am interested in DDO, been playing pen and paper for many years and beta tested DDO before launch. It was rocky at the time, but want to check it out again especially since its F2P. I don't think its a smooth launch at all, at least not for players with existing accounts who did not subscribe to DDO. Probably a small portion of the populace, but nonetheless its not been easy. Best I can hope for is 3-4 days or an hour wait on a long distance call. I sat in queue for 20 minutes on the phone and said its not worth the minutes, I can wait a few more days I suppose. :)

You've always had to have seperate accounts for different turbine games. You didn't get the perks of early access to DDO if you didn't subscribe to that game, that was kind of the point to reward DDO players. If you call them they will tell you to make a DDO account anyways so just go make a DDO account.

• arkohighstararkohighstar Member Posts: 4

You can have same account different subscription

Under my one account I have a subscription to DDO which is active and a subscription to LOTRO which is inactive. You used to be able to have multiple subscriptions to DDO underthe same account(different keys applied  to same account). But they have disabled this for new F2P accounts

• toordtoord Member Posts: 139

This game is not perfect -- by any means. I've played this game (on and off) for more than 2 years and I've mostly enjoyed my experience. I've been one of the first ones to call on Turbine to improve this game and make it worthwhile. They have made *some* improvements. Even though I'm not too happy about some of the changes in place, other than playing another game or quit again, there's not much I can do about it. But whatever what's done it's done. And here's hoping this Queen's Gambit (semi-F2P and VIP) of sort works out for the best.

Peace.

For better or for worse, due to lack of foresight or planning or due to very strong demand ALL DDO-related websites have been down twice today. I guess this could be a good sign, right? right? right? =D

Peace.

• SarrSarr Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by toord

For better or for worse, due to lack of foresight or planning or due to very strong demand ALL DDO-related websites have been down twice today. I guess this could be a good sign, right? right? right? =D
    Peace.

This is official - Korthos is under siege, surround by new players! Mayday, mayday!

Houston, we've got a problem here.

Well, not exactly much of a problem, some acceptable lag because all want to start in the same time. We won't have a problem to group though! 

I wonder how will it look months from now - it will all depend on that. Come in people, try it. It's free, and still hot, if you consider taking a look at Succubi ; ).

Polish Sword Coast Legends Portal http://www.swordcoast.pl/
    SwordCoast.pl Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SwordCoastPL/
    SwordCoast.pl Twitter: https://twitter.com/SwordCoastPL
    Polish Neverwinter Portal http://www.neverwinter.com.pl/
    Polish D&D Online Portal http://www.ddopl.com
    DDOpl Twitter: http://twitter.com/DDOpl
    Great DDO PodCast by Jerry & co. http://www.ddocast.com

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Peace.

I got a msg earlier from someone who was talking about website traffic at DDO.com  I'm not even going to post what they said 'cs it would look extremely unrealistic and exagerated, but the website has been getting pushed offline more then once so far. 

Regardless - it's free to play.  If you're a casual player who is looking for something a little more involved then watching a cool down on an ability or 2 inorder to make your next attack DDO is perfect for you.  If you're hard core FPS type of player, you're going to be the person who ends up picking up a few adventure packs or whatever they're being called. 

The best way to play the game is laid back and casual; we all have lives, right?  2-3 hours a day 2-3 days a week will keep it alive to you for a long time.  :)

Originally posted by Sarr

Peace.

This is official - Korthos is under siege, surround by new players! Mayday, mayday!

Sarr ... I wish this was true. I've been on for 2 hours in Korthos trying to answer newbie questions and it's been pretty calm. Maybe 5-10 people total. Only 1 instance of the town. Hope the site downtime didn't discourage a lot of folks.

Peace.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Peace.

Even the LOTRO has been down a good part of the day from what they are saying is a result of traffic for DDO.

Sounds like a good response from the gaming community to me....a little too good, heh.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• ByondkireByondkire Member Posts: 7

I've Played DDO from Beta to about 6 months ago, I'm very curious to how this will lay down over the coming months. I quit due to lack of people to play with, since its very co-op oriented. I'm hoping they get alot mroe people from this F2P.

Anyone know if the Adventure Packs are permanent across the entire accoutnor if you have to repurchase every (set amount of time) or for each new toon?

~Kire

Original Player of DDO

• dethduckdethduck Member UncommonPosts: 21

Purchase of Adventure packs make those packs available to ALL toons not just the one that bought it.  so each is a one time purchase.  No need to repurchase it for every toon.

• brenthbrenth Member UncommonPosts: 301

store: severly limited inventory when it comes to gear there is maby one choice in any given field for weapons or armor designs

world: is better than its first release  but it is still far smaller than a D&D universe should be  its wilderness areas are instances and less than 1/4 the size of similar games and these wilderness areas are lacking in aly charm or interesting content, more so they are  links to other instances with a few spawn generators added.

the use of the eberron world is questionable at best,  feels like they could get access to it for the cheapest price over other much more prefered worlds like forgotten realms.

there is no costume clothing  or  armor choices so 3 dwarven clerics are going to wear the exact same armor  same for weapons

there are no animal henchmen like wolf or bear or hawk 

the world if functional but not very immersive  and you have to instance grind the dungeons to level   and if you get into a group they usually fly through a dungeon at a full run  crushing any enjoyment of what is actually there.

they do use  some puzzles and trabs and doors  boxes barrels ect  which is good  and Id love to see much more as there was none of this in the wilderness.

I want to play the ranger  but so far im dissapointed in the wilderness areas  where I thought I might come into my own so far its another dungeon it just looks like a forrest but without the content of traps or puzzles or other interesting content.

I thought after all this time it might actually be a game that i might play 30-40% of the time but from what ive seen  its more looking like a 10% game  and I even had money to spend in the store  just nothing to spend money on

no sexy clothes or armor  no cool cloaks or taberds  no  cool weapon looks

no specialty arrows like fire or ice  

in short they need to add about 500 items to the store

and they need more immersive and global world content,, feels like all the content wouldnt even be as big as manhattan island let alone a whole world.

make a world, not a game, we dont want another game.

• DubelDubel Member Posts: 138

Sounds like alot of purchasing needed for a free to play game if you want to enjoy it.....

Originally posted by Dubel

Sounds like alot of purchasing needed for a free to play game if you want to enjoy it.....

Absolutely. A lot of current subscribers raised this issue many times and gave feedback to the devs. It's ludicrous that after lvl4, a free-to-play players will need to start shedding money on content.... not just pennies ... but $4-5 per content which sometimes accounts for only 4-5 quests but I guess Turbine didn't want to alienate their paying faux premadonas who can't bear that someone could run the same content they are for free -- honestly I could not care less if they open all content to F2Pers. I'm paying $15/month for what, you ask? For the damn Turbine points so I can buy crap at their RMT store, so that I can participate in head start for new content, etc. There are enough incentives to be a VIP w/o having to resort to nickel-and-diming F2P ers.

Peace.

• YakboyYakboy Member Posts: 13

Since it's free, I will give it a shot. I doubt it will be my main MMO. It's at the perfect price! :)

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

DDO is on my 'Facepalm ip' list, a classic example of a loved concept/franchise ruined ie you love Warhammer/D+D/Star Wars/Star Gate/Star Trek there is a clear pattern here, if you like any long running genre and you hear its being made into a MMO, just walk away, dont even start the love/hate cycle and face palminess, just walk away

• SteinerDavioSteinerDavio Member Posts: 2

Farlin,

LOTRO and DDO have nothing in common as far as ACCOUNTs go,  other than that is is he same user name.  Each Game requires a seperate Product Key.  So just because you have LOTRO on your Turbine Account, does not mean that you will have DDO:U on your acocunt.  All you need to do is register at www.ddo.com, and then most likely add the Product Key they give you to your account at https://myaccount.turbine.com.  I am not 100% certain though as I have been playing DDO for 3 1/2 years, and do not plan on going F2P anytime soon if at all.

I hope that helps.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Dungeons and Dragons is really a great ip. It is a total shame Turbine got the keys to this ip.

• SimmusSimmus Member Posts: 222

I might try it as well, if it boring.. i might wait on Dragon Age :).