Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i need an FPS to escape the grind....?

patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

I couldn't find a thread like this...me and my friend are sick of the grind and ogres...we want to kill humans...like in real life...*cough* anyone have any suggestions? ( we can pay around 5-8 a month if it will take that. ( we can pay or a box )

www.greenblooded.com

Comments

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

FPSs against humans eh?

1.theres the free MMOFPS wolfenstien:Enemy territory www.enemyterritory.com should be it, if not do a search on google for it.

2.If you want to try it, theres Savage, but its a demo, get it at www.pcgameworld.com search demos for it

3.last but not least, there is tribes:vengeance, theres a multiplayer demo you can at pcgameworld as well, just do another search for it.

you can likely buy savage online, but im not sure. hope these were helpfull.

------------------------------------
    768mb DDR RAM
    2.60Ghz
    Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440
    Realtec Audio
    Windows XP home Edition (Emachines)
    "Poor thing died of starvation"
    -Prof. Farnsworth after inspecting Fry's brain-leech

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

when i said humans...i meant against others

Me and my friend need an online fps...like UT or something of that nature...because we need to get away from the rpg grind and atomosphere

www.greenblooded.com

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Well.. besides UT2k4... I'd recommend Half Life 2.. Half Life 2 itself isn't too great for online play(though tossing barrels at people can make for days of fun in itself ::::28:: ), but it also comes with CS: Source.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Try Call of Duty: United Offensive and you'll never look back.

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Call of Duty or Half Life 2.. I heard Doom 3's multiplayer options are "so-so".

• mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

The only good Online Fps is defenetly Cal of duty:united offensive
    I ben playing that game since the original went gold and i just cant get enough
    so i definetly would but that game its just amazing
    so GO BUY IT fast
    i can introduce you to some awesome servers
    i play in
    so ttyl::::28::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

• Smelly_ArmorSmelly_Armor Member UncommonPosts: 571

I play AMERICA'S ARMY v2.2 VANGUARD to kill time untill either GW or one of the other mmorpg late this year or early next year are released. I'm actually pretty addicted to it. Got recruited by and joined a clan. Compete in matches and wars. It is free::::28::...well not totally...US taxes paid for the developement of the game and they pay for its upkeep and new versions. Hey I like to see my tax dollars at work instead being wasted on the study of the reproductive cycle of earth worms.::::07::

thanks guys, i might have to try CoD

to bad i missed christmas...but theres always my birthday image

www.greenblooded.com

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

If you have a PS2 dont miss out on Metal Gear 3, I just beat it last night and putting all hype aside I would have to say it was a better game than Half-life 2. The story is just great, it ties up all the loose ends from MGS2, the sound is just amazing especially if you have a good sound system, and the gameplay is a lot of fun. My pick for 2004 Game of the Year.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Orcc
    If you have a PS2 dont miss out on Metal Gear 3, I just beat it last night and putting all hype aside I would have to say it was a better game than Half-life 2. The story is just great, it ties up all the loose ends from MGS2, the sound is just amazing especially if you have a good sound system, and the gameplay is a lot of fun. My pick for 2004 Game of the Year.image

Damn.. I want to play that game so bad... but they always come out with the VR missions version of the game, and then I always end up buying that, too. So I'm trying to hold out and just buy the VR+full game pack, but who knows how long that will be..

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Halo 2

Half-Life 2

Ghost Recon 2

All are good. Ghost Recon is PC/XBOX for online play. Halo 2 is XBOX only. Finally, Half-Life 2 is PC only.

Thanks everyone...But I CANT STAND Metal Gear games...i tried MG3 when my cousin was playing it....hated it more that asperagus...and I loath asperagus...

Thanks though, I think i might look into UT 2004, I liked UT 2003...so i assum its a pretty safe bet ^_^

www.greenblooded.com

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

The only reason to ever buy a FPS game is for the multiplayer part. I have NEVER bought a FPS game since duke nukem and played the single player part for "fun". The stories are always 99% weak. I can find a much better story in an RPG. However, if you like the FPV(first person view) specificaly, there arent many RPG's out there meant for that view.

Personally, you should never buy a FPS game for the story.

I fully agree, i want a good solid online playable FPS, the only reason i play the single player in an FPS is to get better for when i do play online.

(do you like my avatar and sig?)

www.greenblooded.com

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Have you tried Postal 2? You can pour gas on people, light a match, throw the match on them, watch'em burn, then you can unzip your pants and start pissing on them to put the fire out.

F***ed up game... and I love it. lol

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P