Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss Expansion Now Available!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Ultima Online expands for the eighth time today with the release of Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss. Stygian Abyss allows players to play as a new race, the Gargoyle, and also introduces the largest dungeon Ultima Online has seen yet, filled with fearsome enemies such as the Medussa, Primeval Lich, and Stygian Dragon.

The new expansion is available at the EA Store and UOGamesCodes.com for $29.99 for existing customers, and $39.99 for new customers (includes 30 days game time).

Also, players who purchase the expansion between September 8th and September 29th will receive a multi-use Alteration Token which allows players to transform their current characters into the new Gargoyle race.

For more information on the new expansion, head on over to the official expansion site, here.

Comments

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

They still charge for expansions? I just downloaded the trial, and apart from my necromancer fizzling every pain spike, the controls feel clunky, and the chat only seems to show skill gains, and npc comments. I don't think I'm going to give it much more of a shot. Not if I have to buy the expansions and pay a sub.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170

dont play this game its a "wow clone"

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Daft

O.o LMAO yeah... right, hahahahahaha.

• RoyouRoyou Member UncommonPosts: 82

LMAOROFLPMSL what planet are you on, this game was out decades before wow you noob.

imageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

"The Virtues guide us when the path is dark, Sacrifice most of all, sometimes Sacrifice is the Greatest Weapon we have!

That is a Cruel Truth" (Austen Andrews. Ultima The Technocrat War. 2002)
  • TheShimmersTheShimmers Member Posts: 76

I would buy it if it was 19.99, but 39.99 is pretty steep for an older MMO. I know it's a ton of expansions and what not, but not very inviting for a new player.

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Royou

LMAOROFLPMSL what planet are you on, this game was out decades before wow you noob.

Cmon, he was kidding, relax

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• mokoleusmokoleus Member Posts: 142

that was sarcasm, he's just getting in there before the WoW crowd hehe

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by TheShimmers

I would buy it if it was 19.99, but 39.99 is pretty steep for an older MMO. I know it's a ton of expansions and what not, but not very inviting for a new player.

For a new player it's 39.99.  $10 for the original client w Expansions + $29.99 for the expansion which includes 30 days of game time.

For players with existing accounts it costs $29.99 only.

$29 is a bit steep for a old 2d mmo but UO is well worth it imo. We have yet to see a fantasy based sandbox with the depth of UOs skill system.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• RoyouRoyou Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by mokoleus

So you and thanoskkk know this because......? oh don't tell me you both know him/her personaly.

imageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

"The Virtues guide us when the path is dark, Sacrifice most of all, sometimes Sacrifice is the Greatest Weapon we have!

That is a Cruel Truth" (Austen Andrews. Ultima The Technocrat War. 2002)
  • TrykenTryken Ultima Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 63

This expansion pack was literally three years in the making. That's older than some of the MMOs you guys play. The new client is amazing, giving the option to boost the framerate. The new lands gorgeous. Player events are constant.

People say "39.99" is steep for an old MMO. Yet, all this content is new. You get a free month included, as well. And you get into the MMO with the richest history, tightest community, and longest-running clans in the entire MMO world.

I mean, it's like saying, "Yeah. This place wanted me to pay $50 to see the Mona Lisa. I was like, 'Who'd want to see some old painting?' So I went over to the artist's alley sale and saw some new artists! Most of them sucked."

Give the game a shot. If you're complaining about the controls or "clunkiness" why don't you just check out the options? There you have total freedom to make it feel just fine. And the reason your spells are fizzling is because you're new at a game. See, unlike other MMOs, where low level players can cast something every time, practice includes failure.

Check it out,

Ryan/Tryken

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

So you and thanoskkk know this because......? oh don't tell me you both know him/her personaly.

The quotes around "wow clone" gave it away for me.

• mokoleusmokoleus Member Posts: 142

nope, never met the person, but it seemed pretty blatant that it was sarcasm, as the above points out with quotation. oh and one minor thing, UO wasn't out "decades" before WoW. ultima was, just not ultima online.

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770

Well, even though I played UO from launch for 7 years, as long as EA keeps allowing RMT's (even encouraging it) I won't be getting this expansion.

I did return for about 6 months with the Kingdom Reborn client, and it was a great step towards the SA client.

I would love to get this, but I just can't do it for the reason stated above.

Call me silly.

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

Sorry. I'll pass on it. I hated UO years ago when it was released. But thanks for the Info

• AlexandreMMAlexandreMM Member Posts: 2

Whats RMT?

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

is there a trial for this expansion?

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Really? Thank's for info. Just can't wait to play it. Wow is No.1 but even if somebody love pizza can not eat pizza every single day for years. Need some change.  This is great info.