Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC "Rise of the Godslayer" Video Overview from PAX and now Dragon*Con 2009 (updated)

AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

TTH http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/74078  have captured some footage from one of the events at PAX just gone by.

Craig gives a presentation on the expansion, some unseen footage before. There is also a segment showing us the different tiers in armor that we can attain. Which look great, especially the Hyrkania gear, I am thinking the helm would go well with some Conq gear in game at the moment.

More PAX write up from the eXaminer: www.examiner.com/examiner/x-892-PC-Game-Examiner~y2009m9d8-PAX-2009-Rise-of-the-Godslayer-preview

Update:  Dragon*Con Video Presentation by Lead Designer Joel Bylos ~ http://www.viddler.com/explore/massively/videos/54/

Comments

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

Avery, based on all the footage you have seen from ROTGS, how finished would you say that it is? For me it looks like beta testing shouldnt be too far away.

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by Aceundor

Avery, based on all the footage you have seen from ROTGS, how finished would you say that it is? For me it looks like beta testing shouldnt be too far away.

I just want to touch on this and say they should let long time AOC subscribers get first access to beta and AO / AoC long time subscribers first access to TSW.

Turbine does this with rewards system. In my opinion who better to test ROTGS than long time AoC subsribers. My opinion.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• HeyitschrisHeyitschris Member Posts: 49

Man I so want to try this game :) 

Too bad I`m just another poor student with much too little time on my hands to have a  part-time job. No tower here.. 

:( 

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

Originally posted by Aceundor

I just want to touch on this and say they should let long time AOC subscribers get first access to beta and AO / AoC long time subscribers first access to TSW.

Turbine does this with rewards system. In my opinion who better to test ROTGS than long time AoC subsribers. My opinion.

I think there is a plan in place for testers at the moment to get a priority for the expansion. There may be a closed beta period for it / invite only. They may take testing right up to near completion internally first. (speculation on my part).

If they could plan it with a loyalty aspect to it for long term players that would go some way forsure in the community. The test server has some real dedicated people too.

Based on this video and other things I would say it is maybe 70% done. If we are talking 4 large playfields (Ymir's pass size ish) and all the things they encompass, and so on, considering it was in pre-production probably this time last year on the board, and weighing up that a smaller team initally was working on it which has grown I would think 70% is a fair figure.

I think they still have all the questings and things to sort out, the camera shots for the cut scenes, touching up on some music and sound effects, animation tweaks and most likely a lot of the dungeon and raid content to go. But the world itself is created.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050
    Originally posted by Heyitschris

Man I so want to try this game :) 
    Too bad I`m just another poor student with much too little time on my hands to have a  part-time job. No tower here.. 
    :( 

I think I still have one 1 week buddy / trial key left. You have to pay 2,99$ to download from fileplanet or find a torrent or something...

PM me if you want it with your email address

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Oh - and this video is GREAT.

I would much rather play this than Aion.

No fancy pancy pink flowers and cutesy animals for me...

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952
    Originally posted by Draccan

Oh - and this video is GREAT.
    I would much rather play this than Aion.
    No fancy pancy pink flowers and cutesy animals for me...

Yep, Aion is all cutesy animals and pink flowers. But it will have two things that AoC could only dream of - No pvp in instanced zones, and subscribers.

Yes, I played the 2 week Come Back trial thing and on Cimmeria, there aren't instances of zones anymore. And you know why that is? Because there's not enough people playing anymore to require a second instance of a zone. FoTD, EMounts, etc all had ONE instance going. That doesn't speak well for the state of the game, it has an alarming shortage of players.

Don't get me wrong here, I did like AoC when I used to play. Some things I hated (like how gear used to be worthless) and they changed some things like that, for the better. But it still stands - this game has a shortage of players. Which is sad to me, because I actually like Funcom as a company. I LOVED AO, it was one of my favorite mmorpg's of all time.

I guess my point is, you can like AoC without bashing Aion. Aion is not all cutesy animals and pink flowers, and spending 30 minutes in the Abyss would confirm this for you.

*Oops spell edit

Updated opening post to include the new Dragon*Con video presented by the lead designer for the expac

www.viddler.com/explore/massively/videos/54/

• This does look promising, lets hope they can deliver on some of their promises this time (although I like the honesty about release dates and such, and the answers that say 'no, that isn't something for the expansion', good to see them be honest about what is in it rather than try and be all things to all people.

Originally posted by CyanSword

This does look promising, lets hope they can deliver on some of their promises this time (although I like the honesty about release dates and such, and the answers that say 'no, that isn't something for the expansion', good to see them be honest about what is in it rather than try and be all things to all people.

Yes, they are being very honest with it's contents, being upfront and answering what they can. It is a case of not wanting things to be a rumour and then later turned into a promise. Things look to be progressing nicely.