Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sin of the solar empire ?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

men this game is nice how come its not here ?

is it only avail everywhere but usa?

Comments

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Sins of a Solar Empire is a RTS game by Iron Clad, published by Stardock.

it's not a MMORPG.  It's not even a MMORTS.  It's more like Supreme Commander or Starcraft.

Which explains it's lack of presence. :-)

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ho thats why  ty for the update

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622
    Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

it's not a MMORPG.  It's not even a MMORTS.  It's more like Supreme Commander or Starcraft.

lol more like supreme commander or starcraft you obviously never played sins then but its not a mmo

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by drbaltazar
     men this game is nice how come its not here ?
    is it only avail everywhere but usa?

Sins of a Solar Empire is an awesome game, and it's definitely available in the US; I own it myself.

However, it's an RTS game of the 4X (Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterminate) type, not an MMORPG, which probably explains why it doesn't get discussed much here.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

nha i never played it but even if its a real time strategy game i heard some compared it to a better eve online 

thats why i thot it was an mmo

Originally posted by Raizeen

Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

lol more like supreme commander or starcraft you obviously never played sins then but its not a mmo

Preordered it the day it became available to do so, chatted in IRC during the Beta, got the gamebox... so ya, I have played Sins.

And yes, it is a RTS like SupCom or SC in terms of genre criteria.

- CaesarsGhost

"When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• sarrogiddasarrogidda Member Posts: 5

is the game really that good? i tried playing it once in my cousin's house, and i have to be frank that its not good, for me atleast.

I saw this game having a good review with high rating in popular gaming sites, but I cant see what's the fuss is all about.

My biggest complaint was the lack of Z axis in a space game...

It was Khan's mistake too... and look what happened to him.

But the Dev's tell me that the Z axis would be too complicated for the average user regardless of depth/complexity to gameplay it would add.  Obviously they were worried somebody with an IQ of higher then 20 would be able to completely beat the crap out of people who didn't realize that in space there's 3 Axis to move along.

...wonder what would've happened to NASA if they didn't account for it.

- CaesarsGhost

• sarrogiddasarrogidda Member Posts: 5

if devs had added such z-axis, it would be harder for anyone to handle the game. i dont see why a player needs a z-axis in this RTS game. im pretty sure that devs made the right choice not to include one.

i'm currently in the phase of wanting space civilization type game. this is why i came to play sins of the solar empire. i played galactic civ, master of orions and enjoyed it. but they are both old and i need something fresh. anyone knows a good game?

Sword of the Star is pretty good... I picked up the entire pack for $6 on Impulse during a weekend sale.

- CaesarsGhost