Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible lag

olimassoolimasso Member Posts: 18

I know I'm not the only one experiencing heavy lag because 75% of the Siel server population is also complaining on /1 chat...I live in MTL, Canada. I read other threads about fixing the lag issues but since I'm a French Canadian, I couldnt understand half the words in those threads. I have no clue what the word "proxy" mean...So if there is even a way to fix the problem, I would appreciate if someone could show me how to fix it using simpler words...

ty :D

Comments

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Yeah lag is bad, if you use the lag methods on the forum you will see that due to your  ISP and how it routes to the server most of your pings time out... Had absolutely no problems in CB but then again all 10 servers were at maximum compacity yesterday and that information is great for a company to get their hands on so they can fix it now that they experienced the effects of maximum capacity.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• olimassoolimasso Member Posts: 18

I guess you're right. This problem is probably helping them improve their service...It's just sad for us players not being able to play...

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Tailz2k7

Yeah lag is bad, if you use the lag methods on the forum you will see that due to your  ISP and how it routes to the server most of your pings time out... Had absolutely no problems in CB but then again all 10 servers were at maximum compacity yesterday and that information is great for a company to get their hands on so they can fix it now that they experienced the effects of maximum capacity.

its the same today and server are far from middle capacity,someone said router are screwed up in atlanta and boston 

causing pressure where normaly theres none

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I am really disappointed in OB so far. The lag sucks. CB did not have this problem.

There is also "rubberbanding" of your character so your forward progress just doesn't happen like it should. You move forward then all of a sudden find yourself back where you started.

Third, NcSofts Gameguard is causing you to drop out of the game when it goes down.

Right now the servers appear to be down and all I can hope is that NcSoft is addressing these issues before release.

Originally posted by drel

I am really disappointed in OB so far. The lag sucks. CB did not have this problem.
    There is also "rubberbanding" of your character so your forward progress just doesn't happen like it should. You move forward then all of a sudden find yourself back where you started.
    Third, NcSofts Gameguard is causing you to drop out of the game when it goes down.
    Right now the servers appear to be down and all I can hope is that NcSoft is addressing these issues before release.

Rubber banding generally means your hitting those time out sectors and are about to be logged out. I always disconnect soon after the rubber banding.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• CaligulugCaligulug Member Posts: 283

I just canceled my order. If they are not ready for open beta they certainly will not be ready for live.

• MrPhireMrPhire Member Posts: 212

First of all it isn't NCsoft's GG. It is nProtect GameGuard. Which is a hacker prevention tool that NCsoft has been using for awhile.

Second, the lag is a major routing and ISP issue. NCsoft is still looking into it. It is just like every other Open Beta I've seen. If around wednesday it's still hit and miss there is some other issues. OB is a stress test. NCsoft obviously see the amount of stress their servers are having. This will probably result in West Coast servers for it would release the pressure in Australia and of course the west coast.

Third, I have experienced lag, and great connection. It doesn't feel any worse than any other game. The biggest issue is the complaining little kids are giving in region. Too many people want a Trial and not a Open Beta.

Playing: Guild Wars and Exteel
    Loved: WoW, Guild Wars, FFXI, and Lineage 2
    Liked: Exteel, WAR, and Lineage 1
    Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.
    Waiting For: Aion, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and SW:TOR

• olimassoolimasso Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by drel

They'll have to, or else they'll see massive amounts of players quit the game. I dont mind if they push back the release to fix the problem, but they better not launch the game before it's fixed...doing that is jsut a proof of lazyness to me

Originally posted by Caligulug

I just canceled my order. If they are not ready for open beta they certainly will not be ready for live.

RIGHT! I'm cancelling too!, no... no, i'm not I like the game. Some people see a problem and over react, others see a problem and say glad that happend sooner than later so we can get it out of the way. See you in a few weeks when you regret cancelling because theres nothing else on the market.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

This being an online game and all, and there being some rather unfortunate issues with the 'network' this weekend, yeah I'ld venture to say there may be some trouble not under NCSofts control causing some of this problem. And it being an official holiday weekend, repairs on those troubles may not be corrected as fast as we here trying to open beta might hope. Just saying, it might be wise to not place all this on the end user (NCSoft) when there are many things that can go wrong between us (the players) and them. I'm sure that whatever is the cause is more than likely being worked by everyone that can, all the way up the chain, in every company in the picture as a whole.

I know for me, I'm pinging to timeouts LONG before I ever hit the game servers, which makes the lag for me definately not NCSoft's problem. Even though they are the one that are feeling the preasure of it the most right now, from us, there isn't much they can do but ask for service from someone else and wait it out just like we are.

It always amazes me how people often forget that there is so much between thier PC and the game servers, and the first sign of trouble they automatically point the finger at the other end.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Kaocan

This being an online game and all, and there being some rather unfortunate issues with the 'network' this weekend, yeah I'ld venture to say there may be some trouble not under NCSofts control causing some of this problem. And it being an official holiday weekend, repairs on those troubles may not be corrected as fast as we here trying to open beta might hope. Just saying, it might be wise to not place all this on the end user (NCSoft) when there are many things that can go wrong between us (the players) and them. I'm sure that whatever is the cause is more than likely being worked by everyone that can, all the way up the chain, in every company in the picture as a whole.
    I know for me, I'm pinging to timeouts LONG before I ever hit the game servers, which makes the lag for me definately not NCSoft's problem. Even though they are the one that are feeling the preasure of it the most right now, from us, there isn't much they can do but ask for service from someone else and wait it out just like we are.
    It always amazes me how people often forget that there is so much between thier PC and the game servers, and the first sign of trouble they automatically point the finger at the other end.

Mmm...I don't know seems the issue some were having in the last cb has just become more widespread.  Not that I'm tar and feathering anyone, but there were some experiencing these issues in at least the last beta.  Whether its realted or not is beyond me but still a thought.  It is ob though so hopefully they'll use this time to straighten out what the problem is.

Bummer for those that simply want to play though I'm sure.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Feel free to cancel your sub f'***ing bunch of idiots. Thats OB... its made to fix problems like these.

Grow up & stop whinning!

Op, like some people already have said, its a problem with the signal routing / isp or something like that. If you try to trace Ncsoft IP you'll see that the signal doesn't make it all the way & times out.

I hope it gets fixed soon! :)

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Originally posted by Kaocan

Mmm...I don't know seems the issue some were having in the last cb has just become more widespread.  Not that I'm tar and feathering anyone, but there were some experiencing these issues in at least the last beta.  Whether its realted or not is beyond me but still a thought.  It is ob though so hopefully they'll use this time to straighten out what the problem is.

Bummer for those that simply want to play though I'm sure

The issues now being experienced in OB were apparent with the last CB, just not as bad as they are now. I also had hoped the lag/rubberbanding/gameguard problems would have been addressed, but apparently not. Hopefully they now will be.

Servers are still down btw.