Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion open beta?

When is the next aion open beta? i need tooo know!!

Comments

• NickInActionNickInAction Member Posts: 5

*waits patiently for a reply*

Xbox Live GamerTag: Nick In Action

Games: Halo 3,Burnout Paradise,Battlefield 1943,GTA4,Too Human,

• Kenshin2541Kenshin2541 Member UncommonPosts: 8

the Next open beta? the first one didn't even happen yet.

And so far ncsoft has not given any details as to when the open beta will be.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

I've heard that 3 weeks before launch we'll be able to create our toons and save our names but other then that I've no idea....  :-(

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• InelionInelion Member Posts: 1

The details of open beta will be released next week.

I'm guessing it starts on August 28th or Sptember 4th.

• kutsilyokutsilyo Member Posts: 4

woot .................cant wait

• havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

Anyone know how the signup process will work for the open beta?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by havok527

Anyone know how the signup process will work for the open beta?

You'll have to give them not one, but two credit card numbers to bill you with, your full social security number, names of three personal references and a notarized document stating you do not have any WOW accounts currently active.

Just kidding, no clue actually, waiting to hear like the rest of the folks.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NaiarNaiar Member Posts: 16

It might not be much but you know you can explore the wold of Aion once you have downloaded the file ( 5.8gig ), I myself run around sight seeing when I wish, but with me I alwas like to know what it will look and feel like before paying the £ .

Where there's a Will, there's a way

• KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101

thats not a good idea.

You arent supposed to be able to get onto the servers or client.

all you get is a login screen.

I expect you will get an ip ban if you hack the client. 

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

http://kotaku.com/5346907/aion-open-beta-pre+select-and-headstart-dated

-Open beta is from September 6th - 13th.

-Pre-start begins on the 18th

-Head start begins the 20th

• akatntakatnt Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Kenshin2541

the Next open beta? the first one didn't even happen yet.
    And so far ncsoft has not given any details as to when the open beta will be.

What he said, all betas before 6 of them where CB events.

Sept 6th-13th based on 

http://www.aionsource.com/

and

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=65665

• Dazzle09Dazzle09 Member Posts: 9

According to Aion Source - open beta will begin Sept. 6th, Sunday.  Just got off the site and now we know!  Sit back, relax, and play another game until the end of next week-lol

omg-do I have to do this?

• NoraksaNoraksa Member UncommonPosts: 18

Head over to Fileplanet and read what they have to say about Aion open beta and how to get involved:

www.fileplanet.com/promotions/aion/

• FeardayFearday Member UncommonPosts: 31

http://www.fileplanet.com/204241/200000/fileinfo/Aion-CBT-to-OBT-Client-Patch-

Here you go, its the patch to 1.5 on US and EU

just download and run the setup file  

• DIASGODDIASGOD Member UncommonPosts: 11

I tried many times at the past for one and only key but i have done nothing.

In case someone got a key for EUROPEANS (Eu client) and he doesn't want / need, because i got also an error from Fileplanet, i'd appreciate it very very very much if you'd give it me. If someone knows a site that i will buy this key but ONLY instantly i would appreciate it also.

You can pm me here, or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks guys.

• mob1900mob1900 Member Posts: 6

Open beta keys are will only be given to folks who PRE-ORDER the retail box and folks who had particiapted in the CB events.

So it's not really an 'open' Open-Beta like they said.

More like a PREVIEW while waiting for your RT BOX to arrive.

I have FP account and download the whole 9.12Gb but again no Beta -Keys means no play during the 'OB' from 6th-13th.

• mrdrunkmrdrunk Member Posts: 3

Best buy well mine did anyways have several preorder boxes in stock there 5 dollars. they dont require you to preorder the game.  Think of it as a investment to see if you like it before you throw another 45 dollars for the retail box.  And if you like it and decide your going to buy retail keep your reciept and they will put that 5 dollars toward the price of the retail box.

Anyways thats what I did (even though I already  have a beta key since i played one of there other games) for the extra free junk ill get from it.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by mob1900

Open beta keys are will only be given to folks who PRE-ORDER the retail box and folks who had particiapted in the CB events.
    So it's not really an 'open' Open-Beta like they said.
    More like a PREVIEW while waiting for your RT BOX to arrive.
    I have FP account and download the whole 9.12Gb but again no Beta -Keys means no play during the 'OB' from 6th-13th.

The Open beta keys were available from Fileplanet on the 1st, which you would have been told at the time you downloaded the client. I got mine on the 1st and registered it to my NCSoft account the same day. I was never in closed beta and haven't pre-ordered, so I'm afraid you're wrong.

• SlayVusSlayVus Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by reaperuk

The Open beta keys were available from Fileplanet on the 1st, which you would have been told at the time you downloaded the client. I got mine on the 1st and registered it to my NCSoft account the same day. I was never in closed beta and haven't pre-ordered, so I'm afraid you're wrong.

The Open Beta key was only available to SUBSCRIBED FilePlanet members.

So if you didn't spend any money somewhere your not getting in into their so called "Open" beta. It's more like "We only want previous CBT testers, Pre-Order Customers and PAYING FilePlanet subscribers" Beta.

There beta approach is stupid and unneeded. I do have a payed FP account, but I won't be playing this game only because I'll be playing Fallen Earth.

Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz
    MSI X58 Platinum SLI
    G.Skill PI Black 3x2GB DDR3-1600
    Western Digital CB 500GBx3 Riad-5
    VisionTek HD 4870 X2
    Corsair 1000HX

• AramathAramath Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by SlayVus

So if you didn't spend any money somewhere your not getting in into their so called "Open" beta. It's more like "We only want previous CBT testers, Pre-Order Customers and PAYING FilePlanet subscribers" Beta.

There beta approach is stupid and unneeded. I do have a payed FP account, but I won't be playing this game only because I'll be playing Fallen Earth.

Hehe, it should be obvious by now to anyone who has had a game from NCSoft before.  They dont do closed or open betas.  They make people pay for early entry to their game.  Been doing it since Lineage 2.

• lordcellllordcelll Member Posts: 5

Is this game great or just ok? Guess I need to try it for myself eh

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Originally posted by Aramath

Originally posted by SlayVus

Hehe, it should be obvious by now to anyone who has had a game from NCSoft before.  They dont do closed or open betas.  They make people pay for early entry to their game.  Been doing it since Lineage 2.

actually thats inaccurate, i got into closed Lineage2 beta when it was avialable. so i didn't pay for it. its suddenly seems companies feel compelled to charge people to try the unfinished game in hopes to make some cash in an opportunistic greed. its only happened in the last year or 2 this sudden trend makes me realize its not even worth paying for MMO's anymore, I wont be out right buying a MMO unless I can try the beta, or I can get a trial so I can safely test it without putting money upfront on what could possibly feel like I wasted money for a game I dont like. reviews, and opinions from other players and website will only give you so much insight to the game, you have to try it yourself, but to be forced to either pay upfront on an unfinished game yet to go gold, or pay $50 for a game you have yet to try, is unfair, and unfounded. but i say for those who dont mind paying $5 for the privilege of testing the game, just realize your actions have wide open consequences to other players who dont wish to waste their money and feel an educated purchase is the best course of action rather than jumping in blindly opening their wallet. i tried Fallen earth closed beta up until it shut down to be released.and im glad I did, though it had interesting aspects, I found it to be quickly boring clucky, and not really engaging over the long term. this allows me as a consumer, and gamer to make educated decisions on my purhcase and my entertainment to make it both long lasting, and worth the money I spend.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.