Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top ten hardest games of all time

2»

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No. The hardest game ever was Microsofts "Fight simulator" on C-64.

Why? Because it was impossible. You could not land due to a programming error which made you always crash. And the funny thing was that it took years before it reached the players, we all thought it was because we sucked.

So noo-ne ever completed a regular flight and landed in the game, and this was before patching and the internet so it didn't ever get fixed. It can't get harder than impossible.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

The mission disk of the first syndicate was very very tough. You often lost within seconds (at least I did).

And else.... the missions in BattleForge on the highest difficulty are very very tough.

Hmmm...  Evil Genius was much harder than expected too. Most people I know first played it on "normal" and then tried it again on "easy".

But thats about all games I remember to have a higher than average difficulty.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Ninja Gaiden.  I played it again on the Wii this year after something like 20 years of not playing it at all and still had alot of the timing and patterns memorized.

I'd also say its one of the best videogames of all time.  The story and presentation was part of what kept you plaything through the thumpad imprints on your fingers.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm today !i got to say it will probably good old ultima online with its new expension on september 8 choice of old school graphic or new graphic .saw some video online god it take patience grats to all those that made it to end-game 

• conflictsoulconflictsoul Member Posts: 5

I'm a dreamcast fan, so for dreamcast i'd have to say " ill Bleed " i cant get past the first stage. i think its because its 2 hard to understand the game and what to do.

• redrum666erredrum666er Member Posts: 168

A Boy and His Blob for the NES

Hardest game I had ever played when I was younger,......Still haven't beaten it.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Castlequest for NES.

• blackhawk432blackhawk432 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by redrum666er

A Boy and His Blob for the NES

Hardest game I had ever played when I was younger,......Still haven't beaten it.

I'm rite there with ya buddy, that game was fucking hard.

• sionidesionide Member Posts: 42

Nice that Terror From the Deep made the list. X-COM what a great series, but damn that game was hard.

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097

X:COM Terror from the Deep was hardest I ever played. AI was insane and unforgiving... and you had a bug that corrupted your save games. But damn is it fun, still play it. Nothing like going to a enemy base, and first turn your marine is mind controlled to use and drop a plasma grenade killing most everyone and fearing the rest to be nuke soon after by one of those guided nukes they had.

Wizardry IV. If you haven't played it... do it.

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• PersephassaPersephassa Member Posts: 223

The only one I can think of is Battletoads.. particularly when playing it 2-player mode. I'm getting stressed just thinking of it.

• NoraconNoracon Member Posts: 23

You all are wrong ET for the Atari 2600 is the all time worse game ever. I do not think there is a way to beat the game. Anyone who has ever played it will agree.

• eight675309eight675309 Member Posts: 246

Ultima online does not qualify for the list. Read the first post again.

I remember a boy and his blob being a tough one but it doesn't jump out at me as being high on the list. There are a dozen games on the 8 bit machines alone I'd rank over it in difficulty.

ET was a horrible game, but it wasn't hard at all. I don't know how you mixed up hard with bad. Sounds like a fruedian slip typical newer generations of gamers though.

• mokoleusmokoleus Member Posts: 142

ya, battletoads was brutal. mega man and contra weren't that hard, thankfully capcom and konami had pretty much perfect control.

just going to throw this out there.

devil may cry 3.  one of the reasons i think this game deserve to be on the list, cause no one makes games as hard as it anymore. oh, and god help you if you've played 1 and 2, and not know what your getting in 3, cause the difficulty change is freaking nasty. easily, the only "modern" game, i find difficult. 1,2, and 4, no problem, but man, capcom really pulled out the wrecking ball with that one. i don't think any game released in the last 15 years, compares to DMC3, for difficulty. metal gear solid on extreme, was far easier, then DMC3 on normal.... hell easy