Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with the craptastic system requirements?

LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

This game has such high system requirements and the graphics aren't exactly the best..i have seen some of the videos and they actually suck in some areas. Upgrading my pc isn't the problem it's just that if i wanted to upgrade my pc it would have to be for something with better graphics then that game..but besides that the game looks really cool actually.

Comments

• KovyKovy Member UncommonPosts: 22

Could you link me to these screenshots?

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

the screenshots you've seen are from Beta 1.5

not only that, but Beta versions of games are usually a performance hog because all the 'creases' haven't been ironed out yet.

-it's just a dream-

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

• KovyKovy Member UncommonPosts: 22

Originally posted by nephillim
    the screenshots you've seen are from Beta 1.5not only that, but Beta versions of games are usually a performance hog because all the 'creases' haven't been ironed out yet.-it's just a dream-
    that about sums it up.

• NattydreadNattydread Member Posts: 87

PC equipment is cheap, pony up. That said, basing your opinions on graphics without seeing the finished product is short sighted. I have been in each phase of beta, I have not been disappointed, and each stage of beta brings new changes in all facets of the beta. You want eye candy? Play EQ2....

Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
    You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
    You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
    Now water can flow or it can crash!
    Be water, my friend.
    ~Bruce Lee

Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
    You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
    You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
    Now water can flow or it can crash!
    Be water, my friend.
    ~Bruce Lee

• MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

Wish will be one of the deepest and richest online games you will ever play. Focus has not been on graphics, but on the GAME (halla-freakin-luaya!) you will need better than a GForce 4 MX (I suggest GForce 4 Ti or better, something with DX 9 support will be great) and I suggest NO less than 512 MB RAM, but it's doable with less. Remember, RAM is important these days. If you have more questions, please head over to the Offical Website and Read the F.A.Q. It should answer most of your questions.

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

well said Munka!

although the graphics aren't a major (or a minor even) draw to me, i can understand why the sys requirments are so high.
    unfortunately, WISH has to compete wish games like EQ2 whose main draw is the pretty colours and shiny lights ::::35::

so if the devs at mutable realms decided to make the game top-down 2d ala UO.... the game wouldn't really survive, irrelevent of how amazing the gameplay may be.

sad really.

-it's just a dream-

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

• NarcomNarcom Member Posts: 5

wish aint no happy hardcore space invaders, get wi the program. if wish meets my expectations i will upgrade acordingly.  u want to play a quality game, spec up ur pc.  see u in betaimage 

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

If you want to play MMoRPG's and you want to play the latest ones plan on upgrading your PC at least once a year for the rest of your life. Then you wont have to ask why because you'll already be there. I'm not sure why the requirements are high. I'm not even sure what they are because my pc is at the high end or the spectrum (i never look LOL). By the end of the year plan on having a 256mb vid card and 4 gig of RAM because thats where this year is going to take us.

• lynnelynne Member Posts: 34
    I don't think the sys requirements are too bad really, all I had to upgrade was my video card.  They are recommending erm, I can't remember which Nvidia card, but I know they are saying it will run best on the ATI 9600 and up.  My BF just got us 9600s from Robotnik for $140 (Canadian), which is pretty sweet considering ATI.com has them for like 240...

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I noticed that most of the people that complain about the system requirements.   Seem to be mostly made up of folks with Geforce 4 MX cards.  

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• lynnelynne Member Posts: 34
    I had one of those GForce 4 MX deals.  Hated it!  I am not sure what the issue was with it, but man I hated that card.  When I got my new card I wanted to take the GForce out behind my apartment and jump on it until it was dust.  Gawd I hated that card....

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

me too, I hated that damned card.... thank god I got a GeForce FX 5200 for X-mas... now I can play!!! ::::33::

-------------------------------------
    ummm... yeh

*Long Live Dimebag Darrel*

*RIP*