Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just bought it... Orcs Look Like the "Grinch"!... feels like Eve 0.0

2»

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Im glad you found Darkfall. It sure is different from most other MMOs right now. And because of that not many "understands" it. And they do post about it all the time. 

We can only hope for a trial or something in the future.. So more people can see for themselves instead of litening to trolls who knows nothing (except that Darkfall is not WoW). 

Cheers : )

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

The main problem with starting out in Darkfall is PVP ganking.  It was the exact same thing 11 years ago with UO.  You just cannot trust players to influence content in that manner.  Undoubtedly there's a solution for this that someone just hasn't come up with, but the OP is a pretty typical gamer who has a pretty typical experience starting with Darkfall and was turned off by it.  The developers always think that the players will police themselves (i.e. anti-ganking squads) but they can never be bothered to.  If I were recruiting for my DF guild, though, doing some Anit-Ganking in the starter areas would sure seem like a good way to become popular.

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752
    Originally posted by BiggusRiggus

Well, I took the advice of many and got into a large Clan with many holdings... after a chat with the Clan General in vent I knew it was the right clan for me... very mature, not insanely militay, but serious... it has made all the difference in the world... the main thing is they told me where to work up skills in the beginning without being hastled... but more importantly they have helped me figure out there is more depth to the game, like gathering/crafting increases strenght, wisdom, etc... that alone has me hooked now... it seems that everything in this game effects everything else!
    As I said before I did read... couldn't get into the DF forums with my login info until today... there is a lot of info out there on DF but it is really incomplete or dated... the Clan is the only real source of info IMO...
    I will say this, DF has the most unique map I have ever come across. I ran 1.5 hours yesterday from my starting area to one of my clan's areas and I never saw the same thing twice. I really felt like I went somewhere by following the map. There are some really cool areas in DF. And you can see them from day one!
    Honestly, I have pre-orded Aion online (so no Refund) but I doubt I will be playing it on release now that I see the potential for DF. I think there is a real chance that the devs may pull off here what CCP has done with EvE. Enough said, I will do like the rest and report back after the one month mark!
    Thanks to those who gave real advice and encouragement!

Good job man hope you have fun.

If you put in the effort you will have fun, but if you dont it will be a miserable experience, not like themepark games at all.

• BorkotronBorkotron Member Posts: 282

I canceled my sub. They got me twice for the client first for EU and now NA. I gave this game enough time....and money. It's not the sandbox PvP/PvE game I wanted. The developers don't communicate. Their lack of communication is epic. Worst out of any MMO I've ever played.

The combat is too arcade-like and more akin to FPS games. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to have point and click combat but there aren't enough combat options and the lack of physics and weapon/armor weight makes the combat feel very superficial and rewards players with better latency and who can click their mouse button faster. How is that different from pressing 1122311 ad infinitum? Melee attacks are divided between overhead swing and slash. That's it. Blocking seems to have no purpose as combat moves too fast and more time is wasted trying to block which could just be used to click.click.click attack as fast as possible. That pretty much sums up melee combat. Basically, it does not feel like medieval/fantasy based combat. Not that melee matters since everyone is AoE/Magic bat-crazy and AoE/Magic rules combat which is lame. Magic, at best, should be a support tool.

I could go on about other bad aspects of this game but the main hook of this game is combat and right now the combat is severely lacking.

One day there will be an MMO with Elder Scrolls/Mount & Bade type combat that is sandbox oriented. A game that is equal parts PvP and PvE. A world, like EVE Online, which has empire space for the players who wish to avoid PvP and an equally vast area for those players who wish to participate in PvP. Maybe it will be Blizzard and their new MMO. They're promising an MMO unlike anything we've experienced before. Hopefully Blizzard, who perfected the EQ/D&D model of MMOs, will now break that mold and bring us all closer to that "perfect" virtual world/gaming environment.

• FiredornFiredorn Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Borkotron

One day there will be an MMO with Elder Scrolls/Mount & Bade type combat that is sandbox oriented. A game that is equal parts PvP and PvE. A world, like EVE Online, which has empire space for the players who wish to avoid PvP and an equally vast area for those players who wish to participate in PvP. Maybe it will be Blizzard and their new MMO. They're promising an MMO unlike anything we've experienced before. Hopefully Blizzard, who perfected the EQ/D&D model of MMOs, will now break that mold and bring us all closer to that "perfect" virtual world/gaming environment.

Awesome post, great outlook! 

Yeah DF sux.  I only gave 'em my money once tho.  It's just plain wrong on so many levels that you'd bust a database just posting about it.

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148

Well, I didn't make it to the 1 month mark... I didn't even make it to the 24 hour mark... I just can't play this anymore... if your clan members aren't nearby, you are meat to any group of two or more... this game is the worst kind of grind I have ever seen... most of your time is spent running back and forth between the gobbie camps and your bank hoping you don't get ganked and lose what you gained... I've said enough, for those of you who have fun doing this, I hope your devs listen to you and you get to play for a long time to come...

EDIT:  i didnt read the full thread before answering. what i said has been said like 10 times.

Dominion is recruiting new players. Anyone who needs help understanding the game or its mechanics. We are an alliance non pk clan.

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by daarco

Im glad you found Darkfall. It sure is different from most other MMOs right now. And because of that not many "understands" it. And they do post about it all the time. 
    We can only hope for a trial or something in the future.. So more people can see for themselves instead of litening to trolls who knows nothing (except that Darkfall is not WoW). 

You generalize way to much. Most understand it but most wouldnt put up with a shitty launch and a company whose general business practices could be a perfect example of what not to do. Just because you currently play does not give you anymore insight than those who have done their research or those who played but now do not. Is it getting better...yes it is. Is it even close to ready for primetime........maybe in a year or so. If it gets lucky and has a EVE situation then it will see its full potential one day. If not then it wont see next year to fulfill any potential. DF has had a rough go of it and only  AV can turn it around but hopefully as time passes they will learn or hire someone to run the business side and they will just concentrate on the game side. And on a personal note fire Tasos.

I understand what you mean.  

My thoughts was just that we to often see posts from people not playing the game, or that even tryed it.  And what idiote would expect a small Greek indie company to deliver things that not even SOE, Funcom, Mythic can do? 

The whole worldwide MMO community belived it was vaporeware! 

I played in beta and have played since. I knew what was comming. Tasos had said what we would find in the game. But that seems to be a such big problem. Right now not many people seems to listen to the Mortal Online devs....and the same thing will happen there... People will blame someone because they didnt think for themselves. Same with Fallen Earth. 

Im not a rabid fanboy for any of those games. You can read for yourselves and see what i mean : )

You generalize way to much. Most understand it but most wouldnt put up with a shitty launch and a company whose general business practices could be a perfect example of what not to do. Just because you currently play does not give you anymore insight than those who have done their research or those who played but now do not. Is it getting better...yes it is. Is it even close to ready for primetime........maybe in a year or so. If it gets lucky and has a EVE situation then it will see its full potential one day. If not then it wont see next year to fulfill any potential. DF has had a rough go of it and only  AV can turn it around but hopefully as time passes they will learn or hire someone to run the business side and they will just concentrate on the game side. And on a personal note fire Tasos.

My thoughts was just that we to often see posts from people not playing the game, or that even tryed it.  And what idiote would expect a small Greek indie company to deliver things that not even SOE, Funcom, Mythic can do? 

I played in beta and have played since. I knew what was comming. Tasos had said what we would find in the game. But that seems to be a such big problem. Right now not many people seems to listen to the Mortal Online devs....and the same thing will happen there... People will blame someone because they didnt think for themselves. Same with Fallen Earth. 

Im not a rabid fanboy for any of those games. You can read for yourselves and see what i mean : )

I agree about MO. I respect that dev team more because I think they try to communicate and not let expectations run to wild. They reign it in whereas Tasos overshot everything. I honestly do think the biggest mistake of DF was allowing Tasos to handle PR as it is the one thing people can point to as a statement of fact where the rest is matter of opinion and personal taste.  Fallen Earth I know so little about I wouldnt try to speculate other than people in my clan avoided it like the black plague so that was enough for me. They are also the ones that say DF is getting better so I believe that.

To many people have not tried it I agree but without a trial one can only be without 50 bucks to try it. Me and my family are well off but burning 50 bucks is not something even we will do. They need to figure out the trial situation and get a bloody proper tutorial in the game. Hell EVE learning curve is uphill for sure but they have a good tutorial. Granted before anyone says it came later in development I know this. I tried DF through a clan mate and my biggest complaint outside of the horrid animations is the circa 1995 UI. Its not fluid or even remotely functional to where its not a headache to learn. Anyways I ramble but essentially I agree with you in a round about way lol.

You have to go to the Fallen Earth section and read the "Sunshine Review". Someone is making fun of all iditoes that complain that you need to think in character creation and that you cant just watch the game and a mob will die : )

I dont know whats wrong with people today. But read it and laugh.

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

That's a situation Aventurine created for themselves. The game you're enjoying is far from the game they promised. No game could ever live up to the hype Tasos put out for years and people aren't going to let them forget it. You can't promise premium game play at a premium price and expect people not to call you on it when you don't deliver. It's also a situation almost unique to Darkfall. Neither Mortal online nor Fallen Earth is receiving anywhere the richly deserved criticism Darkfall does because they didn't promise nearly as much. I place much of the blame  for any unwarranted drubbing games are receiving on Aventurine and other crapware developers who helped radicalized the playerbase.

That was more of an issue of the overzealous fanbase overhyping and the vaporware crowd (who you know was unbelievable back in the day) going up against them. You could not have a civil conversation about the game without one shouting out "vaporware".

AV never hyped DF really, what 1 or 2 interviews over a couple of years?

I will admit the game did not have all the features they had listed on the website, but the main features were there. And let me tell you most hardcore fans (the PVP clans) did not give a crap about the sandbox features like housing and freaking caravans.

That being said with the October update the game will have all the features EVERYONE was looking for, and the game is good as is. So I will support it.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Einstein-DF

Originally posted by zymurgeist

That's a situation Aventurine created for themselves. The game you're enjoying is far from the game they promised. No game could ever live up to the hype Tasos put out for years and people aren't going to let them forget it. You can't promise premium game play at a premium price and expect people not to call you on it when you don't deliver. It's also a situation almost unique to Darkfall. Neither Mortal online nor Fallen Earth is receiving anywhere the richly deserved criticism Darkfall does because they didn't promise nearly as much. I place much of the blame  for any unwarranted drubbing games are receiving on Aventurine and other crapware developers who helped radicalized the playerbase.

That was more of an issue of the overzealous fanbase overhyping and the vaporware crowd (who you know was unbelievable back in the day) going up against them. You could not have a civil conversation about the game without one shouting out "vaporware".

That overzealous fanbase was riding the wave of hype from AV,  parroting and preaching what they read/heard from Tasos.  They still do it to this day. Tasos says something exaggerated, and certain fans will repeat it as gospel. That is  until it doesn't happen, or pan out the way he said... then, of course, they pretend it was never said at all, or that Tasos somehow meant something different.

Players *do* tend to create hype of their own, but it's built on the hype provided by the developers. The less hyped a game is by its developers, the less hype there is for players/fans to build on. You can see that in example after example.

AV never hyped DF really, what 1 or 2 interviews over a couple of years?

...and various blurbs, and bullet-points on their website, etc... It was much more than 1 or 2 interviews over a couple years. I think you know this, Einstein. Even post-launch Tasos and AV continue to hype DF as more than it is. I've read and seen them as well, just since I became aware of DF (thanks to fanboys trolling the forums for games I played, telling us all how DF would eat "our game's" lunch, that we were all carebears if we didn't play DF, etc. etc.)

I will admit the game did not have all the features they had listed on the website, but the main features were there. And let me tell you most hardcore fans (the PVP clans) did not give a crap about the sandbox features like housing and freaking caravans.

See.. that's the spin that the more rabid fans keep trying to use. "Yeah, it doesn't have everything they promised, but it has everything the "hardcore fans" want".

The problem is... when you're talking objectively about whether or not AV delivered the game they hyped for so long, it's not about what *the hardcore PvPers* want or don't want. It's not about the "me" or the "I" in this case. IT's about the fact of what was hyped versus what was actually delivered.

Aventurine and Tasos hyped up those "useless features" a great deal. PvE was to be just as significant as PvP.  For a long time before its "launch", many people following DF harped on that it would be a MMO for everyone.. not just PvP fans. I read posts of people *assuring* those looking for some PvE as well that DF would be the place for them, pointing to the features hyped/promised by Tasos and co.

I read the entry on the old site's FAQ where it stated, in no uncertain terms, that if someone didn't want to PvP that there would still be plenty for them to do; they finally changed that when it became apparent they wouldn't deliver on that claim (like many others). It was in the format of a Q & A. The question was something to the effect of, "I don't like PvP, will Darkfall have anything for me?" 

It's not until all those PvE features weren't implemented as hyped/promised that the spin became "well it's a PvP MMO so it doesn't need all that carebear, fluff, PvE crap".

Well... AV/Tasos believed otherwise. They insisted PvE was to be a significant part of the game... and then failed to deliver on it. *That's* the reality of it, regardless of what the so-called "real hardcore fans" believe. What's been said has been said, what's been done has been done. you can't rewrite or ignore history - something several rabid fans here do habitually.

So... if the hardcore PvP fans are happy with the game that was delivered... Great! However, please stop with this nonsense that that's *all* it was ever intended to be, or that all those features that were left out somehow didn't matter. They *did* matter, quite a lot to AV, and to those hyping the game on forum threads for a long time. 

That being said with the October update the game will have all the features EVERYONE was looking for, and the game is good as is. So I will support it.

You sure about that? Everything? Every single bullet-pointed item AV had on their website and talked of in their interviews for so long? That was quite a list they had. You really want to make such a broad-sweeping absolute statement? Or is the subtext to this more along the lines of "well they'll have more of what they promised and that should be enough for everyone"?

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

The problem was people not informing themselves and the trollbots here on these forum ruin every discussion and forum moderators here like that vpellen guy encouraging vaportrolls to rtroll the forums (the game was already in beta and these guy was still defending vaportrolls here and their troll as "valid opinion"). Where is these mod now that the game is released ? I have suggested to ban vaportrolls but if you have such moderation.

IMO a new term has to be created for what is the opposite of "hype". For the vaportrolling, badtalking and shittalking on the forums and the crap some throw at  something prior and after release fits to what irl is called mobbing, in this case "game mobbing".

I have read all the journals and watched the trailor prior to beta and the game is just what was promised. PvP , PvE , crafting, player citys , large scale PvP, freedom in char progression, freedom  in partcipate anything without level restrictions with your friends. Any of that core features was there from day 1 of these game is lfe.

I wish people would more read information then mindlessly troll forums to distract from their miser lifes and should start having their own life instead trying ruining others gamers favorites by talking shit on forums.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

The problem was people not informing themselves and the trollbots here on these forum ruin every discussion and forum moderators here like that vpellen guy encouraging vaportrolls to rtroll the forums (the game was already in beta and these guy was still defending vaportrolls here and their troll as "valid opinion"). Where is these mod now that the game is released ? I have suggested to ban vaportrolls but if you have such moderation.
    IMO a new term has to be created for what is the opposite of "hype". For the vaportrolling, badtalking and shittalking on the forums and the crap some throw at  something prior and after release fits to what irl is called mobbing, in this case "game mobbing".
    I have read all the journals and watched the trailor prior to beta and the game is just what was promised. PvP , PvE , crafting, player citys , large scale PvP, freedom in char progression, freedom  in partcipate anything without level restrictions with your friends. Any of that core features was there from day 1 of these game is lfe.
    I wish people would more read information then mindlessly troll forums to distract from their miser lifes and should start having their own life instead trying ruining others gamers favorites by talking shit on forums.

WoW!!

I'm pretty sure that tossing "trollbait" out to the moderators WILL get you a bite.

The game was not what was advertised at launch. In fact, it wasn't what was advertised until the website was entirely redone in June/July.

Housing and 4-legged run is what I believe Tasos said wouldn't make it in at launch. I'm pretty sure that was in a December '08 interview right here on this site.

I'm sorry, but having to do "research" any further then the main website is asinine at best.

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

I have read all the journals and watched the trailor prior to beta and, as long as I consistently ignore (and I do constantly) the numerous, detailed features listed on their website for *months* before launch, all the hype and spin from Tasos himself in interviews and articles - before, during and even after launch,  the game is just what was promised. PvP , PvE , crafting, player citys , large scale PvP, freedom in char progression, freedom  in partcipate anything without level restrictions with your friends. Any of that core features was there from day 1 of these game is lfe.

There. I added the bit in blue to actually make the entire premise of your post sound a bit less like complete spin. As for your various ad hominems in the rest of the post... well, that's just your style.

The whole "you're supposed to dig back through the forums and find all the specific statements..." is a complete cop-out. It never has been a rational argument. It isn't a rational argument now. It will never be a rational argument. Naturally, that means you will keep right on using it.

Seriously, Darth... You are the last person DF needs going to bat for it. As has been pointed out by other DF fans, you are not "helping the cause". Your posts are the text-book definition of willfull ignorance, and/or intellectual dishonesty. But, by all means... continue. I enjoy the entertainment.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

• schloobschloob Member Posts: 160

I lasted 3 days.  It truly is terrible.

Originally posted by Respit

WoW!!

I'm pretty sure that tossing "trollbait" out to the moderators WILL get you a bite.

The game was not what was advertised at launch. In fact, it wasn't what was advertised until the website was entirely redone in June/July.

Housing and 4-legged run is what I believe Tasos said wouldn't make it in at launch. I'm pretty sure that was in a December '08 interview right here on this site.

I'm sorry, but having to do "research" any further then the main website is asinine at best.

Well that guy defended vaportrolls back in the day claiming that's an "opinion" and freedom to express blah blah. Now that these opinion has been turned out to be a  lie as a fact (the game released) whats left to call it ? It was pure  trolling ..thats not an opinion anymore it is fact ..

Like Draccan's topic during beta claiming all is scripted and there is no beta.. these topic got no interruption by the moderators here. Turned out to be one big troll attempt as fact. We have topics like "game sucks" -a subject  agauinst the TOS -make it here to 30+ pages of posts and same topic on $OE SWG forum being hunted down after 4 posts..We have the unmoderated 40+ pages white border spam , that was not even good for off topic ..and more and more ...

These site has a documented history of alowing trolls to express their negativity and shot down any positive discussion about the game...it would be a big surprise if they suddenly change their minds.

Now is my time for freedom of speech and express my opinion..where is the moderator now to defend my right to call all the no lifers who have no affiliation to tese game to accuse them for "game mobbing" ...

Of course you do a research on the game you want to play...i have read journals, saw all teaser and even during Beta i got me any beta leak possible to inform myself better. i wouldn't want other type of players in my game if it was mine.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by WSIMike

I have read all the journals and watched the trailor prior to beta and, as long as I consistently ignore (and I do constantly) the numerous, detailed features listed on their website for *months* before launch, all the hype and spin from Tasos himself in interviews and articles - before, during and even after launch,  the game is just what was promised. PvP , PvE , crafting, player citys , large scale PvP, freedom in char progression, freedom  in partcipate anything without level restrictions with your friends. Any of that core features was there from day 1 of these game is lfe.

There. I added the bit in blue to actually make the entire premise of your post sound a bit less like complete spin. As for your various ad hominems in the rest of the post... well, that's just your style.

The whole "you're supposed to dig back through the forums and find all the specific statements..." is a complete cop-out. It never has been a rational argument. It isn't a rational argument now. It will never be a rational argument. Naturally, that means you will keep right on using it.

Seriously, Darth... You are the last person DF needs going to bat for it. As has been pointed out by other DF fans, you are not "helping the cause". Your posts are the text-book definition of willfull ignorance, and/or intellectual dishonesty. But, by all means... continue. I enjoy the entertainment.

To every follower of the game was clear that the website had outdated info. Even for all of those who bully the game it was known. They used it to even ..bully  the game. To make it show worse because some unneeded stuff wasn't in. The core of the game is there from day 1.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

It's not that people don't understand it, it's that they do. I personally didn't like that it was free-for-all PVP. I think that having zones or areas that are safe would do good to acclimate new users into the game. I like Eve's Lo-sec/Hi-sec system. Of course, in a game like this all the goodies should be in FFA areas, but that isn't what bugged me about the game. It was the hacking and macroing that killed it for me. I played up until everytime I tried to loot a creature someone was there and grabbed all the items faster than humanly possible. After that happened by more than two individuals, I cancelled. I appreciate what the dev's tried to accomplish, but they didn't try hard enough to warrant my money.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

But we all knew the webpage was outdated, why even bother to refer to it? Both in good and bad ways! A new page would come when the game would launched. 

And statements that were done in 2003, people litterally took by the words....not understanding things change over time. No sane person would belive it. Same with all other MMOs. 

Why should Darkfall be different?

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Originally posted by Mokwee

Hope you will have more fun with it during your free month

How is it a free month if you have to buy the game? lol... Wheres the 2 week trial.

It wasn't free... it was $50 for 24 hours to figure out I didn't like it :(

AV thank you for spending 50 bucks for only one day hahaha.

Now goback to your themepark your an OBVIOUS TROLL/HATER prolly a eurogamer carebear:P

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• mokoleusmokoleus Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Evasia

Originally posted by Mokwee

Hope you will have more fun with it during your free month

How is it a free month if you have to buy the game? lol... Wheres the 2 week trial.

It wasn't free... it was $50 for 24 hours to figure out I didn't like it :(

AV thank you for spending 50 bucks for only one day hahaha.

Now goback to your themepark your an OBVIOUS TROLL/HATER prolly a eurogamer carebear:P

my god, nice to see you don't actually bother to read enough before you "quote" and reply. seems pretty obvious who the troll is.

after a few actual reasonable posts in this thread, i'd love to try darkfall, but honestly, not offering a trial, just can't spend that kind of money on a game with a lot more bad reviews then good ones. that, and combat trailers i've seen, do not make combat look enjoyable

• Remii718Remii718 Member Posts: 164

Well, I took the advice of many and got into a large Clan with many holdings... after a chat with the Clan General in vent I knew it was the right clan for me... very mature, not insanely militay, but serious... it has made all the difference in the world... the main thing is they told me where to work up skills in the beginning without being hastled... but more importantly they have helped me figure out there is more depth to the game, like gathering/crafting increases strenght, wisdom, etc... that alone has me hooked now... it seems that everything in this game effects everything else!
    As I said before I did read... couldn't get into the DF forums with my login info until today... there is a lot of info out there on DF but it is really incomplete or dated... the Clan is the only real source of info IMO...
    I will say this, DF has the most unique map I have ever come across. I ran 1.5 hours yesterday from my starting area to one of my clan's areas and I never saw the same thing twice. I really felt like I went somewhere by following the map. There are some really cool areas in DF. And you can see them from day one!
    Honestly, I have pre-orded Aion online (so no Refund) but I doubt I will be playing it on release now that I see the potential for DF. I think there is a real chance that the devs may pull off here what CCP has done with EvE. Enough said, I will do like the rest and report back after the one month mark!
    Thanks to those who gave real advice and encouragement!

Every sandbox game is the same. If you play solo or join a bad guild you will hate the game.

These games are designed to be played in guilds/corps/alliances. With helpful players around you all of these sandbox type games are incredibly enjoyable. From UO to FE it's all the same, just get with some good people and you're golden.

Enjoy.

Playing: WoW, EvE

Interested in: TOR, ER, GW2, WoD, Dust514

Originally posted by WSIMike

To every follower of the game was clear that the website had outdated info. Even for all of those who bully the game it was known. They used it to even ..bully  the game. To make it show worse because some unneeded stuff wasn't in. The core of the game is there from day 1.

-sigh-

To quote myself in my previous post:

"The whole "you're supposed to dig back through the forums and find all the specific statements..." is a complete cop-out. It never has been a rational argument. It isn't a rational argument now. It will never be a rational argument. Naturally, that means you will keep right on using it."

Just as I said... if there's a completely irrational argument - one that even a 3rd grader could see the gaping holes in - rest assured that Darth will continue to argue it for all its worth.

You came in right on cue and proved my point perfectly. Thanks.

Oh.. quick question...

How do you "bully a game" exactly? What... Does DarkFall have feelings, and they're hurt due to the "bullying" it's receiving? Sounds pretty carebear to me.

But we all knew the webpage was outdated, why even bother to refer to it? Both in good and bad ways! A new page would come when the game would launched. 
    And statements that were done in 2003, people litterally took by the words....not understanding things change over time. No sane person would belive it. Same with all other MMOs. 

Well that didn't stop the rabid fans from citing those same things as *fact* back before it became obvious they weren't in the game. Anyone who questioned that AV could pull it off was called a "troll" and a "hater", because Tasos said the game was feature complete and ready for launch (remember that bit?). 

Only *after* it was kicked out the door missing the *majority* of things it had been hyped to have did the rabid fans change their tune to "oh well it wasn't supposed to have those things because they're just fluff and DF is a hardcore PvP game".

And, Daarco, sorry to burst your bubble, but Tasos and co. were hyping up those missing features *far* more recently than 2003. I remember reading things as recent as only months before the game "launched" where those missing features were being hyped. Spin more.

Shoot... Tasos' ego is still writing checks his game can't cash. And the rabid fans are still in perfect lock-step with him all the way, hanging on his every word (of course until it doesn't pan out, or is proven bogus, at which point they quickly resort to Plan B: "Pretend it never happened").

It is so amazing to see how drastically and quickly the same group of people change their arguments to fit the circumstances. Do you folks realize how completely obvious you are while you're spinning away there?

Why should Darkfall be different?

Oh, I don't know... why don't you dig back through the *threads* worth of posts, going back *months*, about how DF was going to change the way developers created MMOs. How it would be so amazing that Blizzard were nervous about losing players... Why don't you go back and read how Tasos insisted the game was more feature complete and ready for launch than any other MMO he'd seen, etc. etc? Go back and look through all that hype and BS and I think you'll find your answer courteousy of Tasos and AV and the rabid fans who hung on and treated every word they said as dogma.

It should be 'Different' because Tasos and his loyal followers *insisted* that it would be. Or have you wiped that unfortunate bit of history from memory as well?