Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

trogjan detected by mcafffee ( anyone else having a problem with this )?

i downloaded the client from the official spellborn site . its been ok for a few days but when i tried to load the game today i got this message from my mcaffee

About this Trojan

Detected: Artemis!95DF6569AA8D (Trojan), Artemis!95DF6569AA8D (Trojan)

Location: C:Program FilesThe Chronicles of SpellborninclientSBGame.dll

the trojan was deleted but it does seam to be associated with this game so thought i d see if anyone else has had a problem and to perhaps offer a world a of warning about it . also given i ve only just put a new harddrive in and this is the only thing i ve downloaded its doubtfull it came from anywhere else .

Comments

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

no problems with it

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,381

Don't worry many got that "virus" which is not true but first time someone not on AVG got the virus warning hehe

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by googajoob7

i downloaded the client from the official spellborn site . its been ok for a few days but when i tried to load the game today i got this message from my mcaffee
    About this Trojan

Detected: Artemis!95DF6569AA8D (Trojan), Artemis!95DF6569AA8D (Trojan)

Location: C:Program FilesThe Chronicles of SpellborninclientSBGame.dll
    the trojan was deleted but it does seam to be associated with this game so thought i d see if anyone else has had a problem and to perhaps offer a world a of warning about it . also given i ve only just put a new harddrive in and this is the only thing i ve downloaded its doubtfull it came from anywhere else .

probably better to boot the game,

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

its proberbly something like gamespy . virus killers dont seam to like that either even though its not that harmful . i ve uninstalled the game and run sygate scan as well as mcafee to be certain and appear to be virus free . its not something i wanted to take a risk with . pity spellborn itself looked fun but i ve not had this problem with any other mmo .

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Yeh don't worry about it, i get the thing too with avast but if i scan it with other anti virus programs they don't show anything. Plus i think the Devs said it isn't a virus it just shows up as one.