Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horror

BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I love horror games even though they don't scare me xD

Lately bought a lot of them for my pc but sadly all i purchased are short, they barely last me 3 days. The most one that lasted me was condemned criminal origins(great game) that lasted for a week but still a short time.

Now playing dead space started yesterday i'm on chapter 8 now and when I searched it has 12 chapters so pretty near. Clive barker's jericho another nice game but still lasted me around a week also.

So what I'm trying to say is do you know of any horror or survival horror game (PC) that you think it's good and specially if it can last me some time?

Comments

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Well there certainly are many interesting titles coming up:

PC:

Alan Wake

Alien vs. Predator

FEAR and FEAR 2 (both out)

Indigo Prophecy (2005)

MMORPG (these are a bit off, but probably worth a look):

The Secret World

World of Darkness

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I may check mmorpgs but mostly I'd like single players.

Yeah fear 1/2 but I think they are short games I saw the 2nd one in a friend's home it's not bad may check it out later on.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

I think horror games are best on console, nothing scared me more than playing Silent hill 2 for the first time on PS2... Fatal frame was also scary.

System shock 2 is probably the best pc horror game I have played but its old now. Realms of the haunting is also an old classic :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Yeah fatal frame saw video's of it on youtube.... too bad it's not on the pc =/

I prefer playing on my pc than console, if I wanted to use a console I can just plug in one :P

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

My basement!

Scariest place on the planet!

Er, well maybe the gimp's basement is scarier :P

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

It came out in 2004, the graphics are outdated and they were a little outdated when it released. However, the game is solid, especially if you're a fan of vampires in general.

The game features one of the most underrated scariest moments in horror gaming history. Several actually, but one stands out. I'm not gonna say what it is in case you decide to play this. You'll know it when you see it. -Maybe not so spooky now, but it definitely was back when I played it in 2004... Games have definitely evolved since then, so too have their methods of scare.

The game will last you a while, that is if you take your time and your goal isn't to see the end as fast as you can.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

silent hill (all)

Penumbra overture

call of catulhu dark corners of earth

sorry cant name more, i was looking for horror games too I LOVE THE SO MUCH but few give the "i rly need to go on this narrow dark corridor?" feeling =p

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Ok thanks ppl for the names I'll research a bit on them.

As for silent hill I played them and still have to finish silent hill origins on my psp :P

If you never played condemned criminal origins I strongly suggest you to try it, it's not the typical zombies,ecc

Clive barker's Jericho is not bad too but some might tell you that zombies take to much to die but if you aim at their head they die faster. My favourite character is Black which has a sniper :D all characters have 2 powers like for example black has telekinesis and ghost bullet <3 

I love killing zombies with ghost bullet you shoot a bullet and control it with telekinesis, it can pierce 3 zombies max unless it hits something hard(shield, armor,ecc) or bosses ofc hehe. Try aiming to their heads and see it poping out :P mostly useful when you have to fight against ranged zombies and "gargoyles" sort of monsters.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Done jericho too, asome gfx but its just a shooter since u have a group of 7 ppl who never die (well except that guy =p) and yes Black FTW XD. the ending kinda sux.

i have this condemned here too but its not that interesting =(

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

Done jericho too, asome gfx but its just a shooter since u have a group of 7 ppl who never die (well except that guy =p) and yes Black FTW XD. the ending kinda sux.
    i have this condemned here too but its not that interesting =(

Not the most thing that scared me but an examlpe of something in condemned criminal origins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWq0VTrO7FE&feature=related

There was one worse when you see a man running down the stairs you go look from the top and he jumps on you hell that frightened me xD

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

One of my favorites is Dead Space. Hoping there will be a Dead Space 2.

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by aeroplane22

It came out in 2004, the graphics are outdated and they were a little outdated when it released. However, the game is solid, especially if you're a fan of vampires in general.

The game features one of the most underrated scariest moments in horror gaming history. Several actually, but one stands out. I'm not gonna say what it is in case you decide to play this. You'll know it when you see it. -Maybe not so spooky now, but it definitely was back when I played it in 2004... Games have definitely evolved since then, so too have their methods of scare.

The game will last you a while, that is if you take your time and your goal isn't to see the end as fast as you can.

I'm betting you're referring to the haunted hotel mission.  That creeped the shit out of me, no lie.

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Eben

Originally posted by aeroplane22

I'm betting you're referring to the haunted hotel mission.  That creeped the shit out of me, no lie.

Yeah that shit w as pretty creepy.

Really OP most of the games to have come out as of late are not really scary. Your best bet is Dead Space.

Funny thing is I never jumped once in Dead Space. Weird enough Fallout 3 made me jump, not from horror. It was more of a  "where the hell did you come from jump". I would turn a corner in a building everything looks clear and then bam I start gettin hit by some asshole with a pipe. That game, and I really don't know why, made me jump. Guess my house is just to silent.

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

Yeah, horror games aren't really cutting it these days. I'd like to just chalk it up to my aging, but I can definitively say it's just that games are too washed out now. There is no pacing, and no real direction.

Dead Space, while a favorite of many, is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. From the get go, it's just in-your-face craziness, absolutely no building up of anything. It just goes:

"Let's board this abandoned ship. Okay, let's go in that room.. and OMG THERE IS CREATURES."  ..and that's the entire game right there. To me.. as a horror game fan, I felt like Dead Space was trying to shove the square peg in the round hole the whole time. I never finished..  Aliens coming out of ventilation shafts is only so interesting for so long, and it cut the cheese back in 1998, but I want a little more post-2000.

Like.. a story... some direction... a plot, even if it's out-there it's still a plot.

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

I liked System Shock 2, it wasn't a real "horror game" I guess, but the whole claustrophobic atmosphere was awesome, and the recordings and weird voices were creepy as hell to me.

Didn't notice there were new replies hehe :P

So I finished dead space last week didn't take much also and not scary either, monsters were too predictable after they come out from some random place but still not a bad game reminded me of resident evil 4.

Now playing beyond good and evil not a horror game but I love stealth games also :P

I'll try soon fear and Cryostasis hopefully they will be good hehe.