Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Launch Error Thread

AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Hello everybody,

This thread has been made to compile all the launch errors into one space.

Let it be known that NCsoft know about the launching issues occurring with the Aion launcher. These are due to GameGuard being outdated and all the servers being down. The game will patch and launch correctly on the September 6th.

Until this time you may continue to receive errors when trying to launch the game.

Oh Noes Its The Forum Police

Comments

• AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Keep it on topic please.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

Error

this program is unavailable in you country -

I was thinking perhaps my closed beta client  was european and I downloaded, the closed beta to open beta 3 gb patch from File planet

Perhaps fileplanet cb to ob version was American and that has screwed things up .

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

Error

this program is unavailable in you country

*I downloaded through a pre-purchase via STEAM*

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Please read main post before posting errors that are already known and "stated" to be fixed with OB launch.

Please refrain from posting any errors till after 6th as Ncsoft has stated the errors will go away once the servers are up.

Cheers

Animuschaser

• shalldoomshalldoom Member UncommonPosts: 106

Originally posted by Sunioj
    Error

All errors are now fixed with the latest patch.

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by shalldoom

Error

Confirmed.  I checked the patch just now and but server of course is down anyways.  I am not even sure if this was a real error, because they were in process of patching and update to 1.5 anyways so it should be rather normal for the some form of notification to pop up when it was not done withit anyways.

Either way it is now fixed.  Just simply go to the launcher, choose to update Aion and it will remove error message, but you still can't play of course. XD

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    Originally posted by sassoonss

Error

this program is unavailable in you country -

I was thinking perhaps my closed beta client  was european and I downloaded, the closed beta to open beta 3 gb patch from File planet
    Perhaps fileplanet cb to ob version was American and that has screwed things up .

Problem is fixed now Had to keep hitting update on launcher several times before it downlaoded.

Awesome trailer greets you before you reach the login page WOOOOOOOOOOT

• mortharxmortharx Member Posts: 293

I'm still getting the country BULL"#¤# downloaded via torrnet from

http://eu.aiononline.com/en/about/download/

Someone spell it out for me what the hell am I missing? You say it should be fixed but it seems there is nothing I can do about it.

R.I.P Chikaca Whachuchuimage

Originally posted by mortharx

I'm still getting the country BULL"#¤# downloaded via torrnet from
    http://eu.aiononline.com/en/about/download/
    Someone spell it out for me what the hell am I missing? You say it should be fixed but it seems there is nothing I can do about it.

Ok launch your NCsoft launcher, click cancel when the patching process is stuck.

Right click that little thing next to Aion and choose "check for updates", and the process should run and patch a small file.  After that it should work.

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

Hello

My comp does the patch, after that i cant get to the loading screen i get an error that shows  ????????????????? ?????? Anyone elce geting this one ?

Error Number 114

• Irish003Irish003 Member Posts: 55

I was having the same errors as everyone else, but the latest patch corrects all errors as said before. Just verified it for myself 5 minutes ago.

Rebel Col. Moshi Manawitz-Master Commando/Master Smuggler/Master Pilot-Pre NGE Vet.-Server:Chilistra-
    RIP April 04-Jan 06

Not working for me, i loaded it and after was done i got the 114 error..  I hope it not on my end.  :(

• baddumsbaddums Member Posts: 72

Error 114 is a Game Guard error that occurs when Game Guard is prevented from running. If you have an anti-virus like Avast, you have to disable the AV to let Game Guard work (because Game Guard is a PoS rootkit and shouldn't be used anyway)

i have PC-Cillin for AV  i close it and still doing it  ?   what now ?  Anyone know what i can do ?

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Eh I would wait till sunday. perhaps that's all you can do untill then.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

You can patch up the game now.  These gg problems aren't happening any more.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by baddums

Error 114 is a Game Guard error that occurs when Game Guard is prevented from running. If you have an anti-virus like Avast, you have to disable the AV to let Game Guard work (because Game Guard is a PoS rootkit and shouldn't be used anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

That error happened because Gameguard and NCsoft were patching for OBT.  It is simply because the version do not match during the patch and update.  The AV issue is also another misconception, AV can be easily made into exceptions in GG's list now.  Plus GG's incompatibility is an old issue and have nothing to do with this incident, and it is patched if the user bothered to check.

GG might be a PoS, but the difference between it and rootkit is easy to see with some research.  Don't just read wiki saying that it is SIMILAR to a rootkit and just think it is equal to a rootkit.  Even wiki did not mean it that way, it simply used rootkit as example about how Gameguard hide itself and why it can cause issues with come program and computers.

Basically, NCsoft only recognized it as an error after because correcting players is pointless.  They would have to patch it after the update to OBT whether people reported or not.  Which is basically what happend when it was finished updating yesterday, player simply saw error and panicked thinking something actually went wrong.  Why did you think that "fix" came so quickly the moment the OBT update of Aion servers was finished?

Remember that Twitter they released?  It did not say it was an actual error, it only says that Gameguard was patching the server for OBT, and once it is done it will be resolved.  People simply jumped the gun and saw Gameguard and just think "error" and blame without thinking as usual.

• ThandrasThandras Member Posts: 41

Anyone getting an "Cannot connect to Authorization server" message? Is this the same issue discussed here?

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135

I downloaded mine from the Ncsoft launcher at a good speed all updates and not a single error good times ......altho after writing this i fully expect to be greeted by an error on the 6th =)

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

nvm

deleted my message

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Radioactive3Radioactive3 Member Posts: 16

Ok i get an error everytime i try and launch the game saying that AionClient has ecountered a problem and needs to close i reinstalled the  game and that didnt work so idk whats up with it

• Originally posted by shalldoom

Error

Confirmed. Downloaded torrent file "AionFullInstaller_1.5.0.1" and game updated itself to version 1.5.0.3 with ncsoft launcher. That last update like 23.4mb and everything is fine after update the game.

• KruxKrux Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Thandras

Anyone getting an "Cannot connect to Authorization server" message? Is this the same issue discussed here?

Thats what I'm getting.

• TrueWarrior1TrueWarrior1 Member Posts: 154

Wow do i really wanna be playing with people that cannot read? BETA DOESNT START TILL TOMORROW..... L2Read

Darkfalls so revolutionary it uninstalls itself.

• beauxajbeauxaj Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by Krux

Originally posted by Thandras

Thats what I'm getting.

Auth servers are down and will be down until the 6th.  You cannot log in at this point.  Once you get to the Login screen you're done until the Open beta starts.