Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excited? WAR and AoC left the door open and I think Aion will deliver...

boomerangxboomerangx Member Posts: 254

Well...after AoC and WAR left a bitter taste in my mouth I can honestly say I am very excited about Aion. I went back to WoW after AoC and WAR lost my interest and I just never could get back into that endless gear grind that is WoW. I am a PvPer and have been since the early days of EQ1. That being said I feel like Aion is a much more polished and complete game than AoC and WAR are currently (after close to a year after launch too)!

The PvP in this game blows every other new game I have played out of the water. Why? It is simple. The risk vs. reward system they have set up (AP Points and the Slayer system). The whole system veers players away from a zerg playstyle (much that WAR encouraged sadly)..and I feel like it offers a more challenging and rewarding game experience. You actually LOSe something important when you die in PvP (actually you lose multiple things!) Also they got the right idea with the PvP ranking system, and this is one thing WoW did do right and then sadly changed it for TBC.

Aion does have a unique feel (the art/colors/voices/etc) due to it being an Eastern created game. Yes I know it was tailored to the western market but I am saying that I think the new flavor it adds to the MMO genre we are used to spices it up quite a bit. It is nice to have a world other than dwarves and elves...

So even though I feel alot of the early traffic to this game will be from players seeking change, I feel like the game will shine when it comes to longevity and will really make an impact on this market.

See you in AIon I hope you are all as excited as I am!

I play a lot of games...

Comments

• KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

I can't wait and being excited are two different things and I am both of them.  :-/

If you have never played an Asian MMO you are in for a treat.  Their style of day and night is not what most people are used to.  The screenshots do no justice.  As in WOW you have an entire day cycle of nightime and daytime.  I am not sure of the length on Aion's day but for instance in Lineage 2 it is a 4 hour day and it is quite different from WOW.  It is not usual for an area you are grinding in to have the shadowing and sky change and blend through a series of colors;  purple, yellow, red, orange, etc.

I find it exceptionally nice to be grinding in one place and have the style or picture completely change as if running through a series of wallpapers that slowly move.  It is probably one of the neatest affects in the recent games and MMOs and only gives you move style, pleasure, and enjoyment.  (Note:  One thing you have to remember when playing an MMO such as Aion is to blink.  It will keep your eyes good and healthy as screen stare over an amount of time can damage the retina.  Breaks are very important in gameplay.)

And to highlight on your elves and dwarves comment it is nice to have fairly human style characters to play other than those you mentioned plus a few more.  Though if you go through the character creation screen there are faces for such creatures.   Even the scout can be made into an almost "Hobbit" looking creature if you use the pointed ears.  But I have seen nothing that way for the rest of body.  Pretty much human.

I found the betas running exceptionally smooth for me on my old pc that just barely supports mid-distance in the Wrath Of The Lich King Expansion pack.  I am worried about the big cities and the flying part causing lag.  I will just have to wait and see.

I hope the Specs for Guild Wars 2 will be the same.  Nice post!.

GlassEye

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

After AoC & Warhammer left a bad taste in my mouth, i wanner play Aion.

Downloading for open beta, but taking a week to download

• Perfection66Perfection66 Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by boomerangx

The PvP in this game blows every other new game I have played out of the water. Why? It is simple. The risk vs. reward system they have set up (AP Points and the Slayer system).

You hit the nail on the head, Aion's PvP is miles ahead of it's closest competitor it's rather scary. Risk/Reward gameplay changes the whole ball game, it rewards skill and promotes unity within a faction. No other MMO is in the same league as Aion if you match their features up, it's miles ahead of WoW in every category.

Aion is the new king on the MMO throne

Aion v3 "RELOADED" - A glimpse into the future of the MMO genre

• boomerangxboomerangx Member Posts: 254
    Originally posted by Perfection66

The PvP in this game blows every other new game I have played out of the water. Why? It is simple. The risk vs. reward system they have set up (AP Points and the Slayer system).

You hit the nail on the head, Aion's PvP is miles ahead of it's closest competitor it's rather scary. Risk/Reward gameplay changes the whole ball game, it rewards skill and promotes unity within a faction. No other MMO is in the same league as Aion if you match their features up, it's miles ahead of WoW in every category.

Aion is the new king on the MMO throne

yeah i am very excited about this game ... more so for the pvp than anything. it seams like even with the money that some of these companies have, creating a long lasting, engulfing gaming experience is just not in the cards... i really think Aion will get alot of this correct and i really hope i am right lol

I play a lot of games...

Originally posted by jimmy123

After AoC & Warhammer left a bad taste in my mouth, i wanner play Aion.
    Downloading for open beta, but taking a week to download

Yeah the original client took me like 3 days to DL myself.  However...the update patch to 1.5 and the new patch that just came out yesterday both took a total of 1 hour to DL and install.

SO once that initial bulk DL is over its pretty much smooth sailing...

Hope to see you guys in OB on Sunday!

I play a lot of games...

• TartayTartay Member Posts: 43

Calling Aion the king of the MMO throne before it is even released is somewhat dumb.  I know from my experience with AoC and WAR pre-release both of those were being heralded as "WoW killers" and the next big MMO.  Both failed to really live up to expectations as of now.  People have to be cautious and set their expectations relatively low at release of a new MMO because things will not be perfect.  So maybe a year from now we might be having the discussion on whether or not Aion is the best MMO or not, but right now its better to just wait and see.  

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I think they have a solid well polished game but I think it will become too repetitive too soon and there isn't anything really new. I think after 4 months people will be wanting something new to play. I wish them luck though!

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I definitely can't wait to play, but I'm not all that excited, if that makes any sense.  I don't think I can get that excited about a MMO after WAR. 

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I think they have a solid well polished game but I think it will become too repetitive too soon and there isn't anything really new. I think after 4 months people will be wanting something new to play. I wish them luck though!

this can be said for ANY new game coming out.

however the PVP system is what creates enjoyable longevity for someone like me. i think they did a great job with their system now lets see how well it is implemented...

i do not think endless dailies and grinding the same raids for 6 months is an efficient way to keep yourself happy and occupied while playing MMO's...however to each his own...it is your 15 dollars at the end of the month...

I play a lot of games...

Originally posted by bleyzwun

I definitely can't wait to play, but I'm not all that excited, if that makes any sense.  I don't think I can get that excited about a MMO after WAR. 

Hehe i hear ya, after aoc and war i am a bit cautious as to getting excited ...BUT

I have played 2 betas for Aion and can tell you that Aion is 100% more polished and playable than both AoC and WAR after they have had a full year to patch and fix bugs/balance etc...so that to me is reason to be excited - as maybe just maybe a company is doing it right this time...

I play a lot of games...

• Perfection66Perfection66 Member Posts: 218

however the PVP system is what creates enjoyable longevity for someone like me. i think they did a great job with their system now lets see how well it is implemented...

i do not think endless dailies and grinding the same raids for 6 months is an efficient way to keep yourself happy and occupied while playing MMO's...however to each his own...it is your 15 dollars at the end of the month...

Agreed, open world PvP will keep the longetivity of this game for while. There's nothing more dynamic and ever changing than open world PvP. Factions at war fighting over keeps and relics, and dont forget the surprise factor of the 3rd faction to stir up some trouble. fun times.

Aion v3 "RELOADED" - A glimpse into the future of the MMO genre

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

Im on nails here with the error mesage, i know everyone has this problem.  Mine went from Not in your Country to now 114 error..

My fear will end when i can get a loading screen and able to type my name and password in.

Then i can get Excited. :) 

Is there anywere i can find a list of the codes of number errors ?  I like to know that error 114, don't  appy to just me?

Thanks

Originally posted by Threetowns

Im on nails here with the error mesage, i know everyone has this problem.  Mine went from Not in your Country to now 114 error..
    My fear will end when i can get a loading screen and able to type my name and password in.
    Is there anywere i can find a list of the codes of number errors ?  I like to know that error 114, don't  appy to just me?
    Thanks

bro i think you posted in the wring thread but let me try and help you...

wait until the servers for GG and Aion to be up so that they can patch the GG problem. understand that there are probly 10000 people that are having this issue.

if you have no firewalls set up, no anti virus running, your drivers are all up to date and you are still getting this error...you must simply wait like i said and time will most likely fix that error code for ya.

I play a lot of games...

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368

Thanks

A lot of us can get to the login screen currently, but honestly, you have to stop flooding other threads with your posts about the error. As we've said before, you just need to patch your game constantly, repair it if you feel something's wrong with the client, and just be patient to play the game when the servers are up aka Sept. 6th.

Thanks

bro i think you posted in the wring thread but let me try and help you...

wait until the servers for GG and Aion to be up so that they can patch the GG problem. understand that there are probly 10000 people that are having this issue.

if you have no firewalls set up, no anti virus running, your drivers are all up to date and you are still getting this error...you must simply wait like i said and time will most likely fix that error code for ya.

also dewd make sure you have the correct region listed under settings...if it is not correct change it and re start the launcher..this DOES fix the country code issue for some people...worth a try

I play a lot of games...

Originally posted by Perfection66

Agreed, open world PvP will keep the longetivity of this game for while. There's nothing more dynamic and ever changing than open world PvP. Factions at war fighting over keeps and relics, and dont forget the surprise factor of the 3rd faction to stir up some trouble. fun times.

aye, this is what i am most looking forward to...open world pvp similar to eq1 where it is NOT just a zerg fest...

I play a lot of games...

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I'm very excited myself!

I loved M59 and UO, EQ1 and AC1 and onward.

But my absolute love for pvp/rvr came with Camelot.

From what I got to see in Aion's beta, I really love the game, and the rvr with the third NPC realm looks to be a recipe for success.

I am really stoked for OB and launch!

edit - because I am excited... not exited... that'd suck

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I'm very excited myself!
    I loved M59 and UO, EQ1 and AC1 and onward.
    But my absolute love for pvp/rvr came with Camelot.
    From what I got to see in Aion's beta, I really love the game, and the rvr with the third NPC realm looks to be a recipe for success.
    I am really stoked for OB and launch!

edit - because I am excited... not exited... that'd suck

yeah bro i really wish the beta started today :X i have plans for labor day and i will be busy most of the upcoming week

I play a lot of games...

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

yeah bro i really wish the beta started today :X i have plans for labor day and i will be busy most of the upcoming week

That sucks, but it will make launch that much sweeter :)

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

That sucks, but it will make launch that much sweeter :)

yeah man i totally hear that..

will be nice actually seeing the game pretty fresh rather than playing from level 1-30 4 times already like some of the beta players...but still i wish i could play more this week and they started today hehe

I play a lot of games...

• MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99

Im also looking forward to Aion. I never was much of a PvP'er mainly because most the MMO's ive played had terrible PvP (With the exception of a few). Been playing WoW for now, but WoW isnt what it used to be, its so brain dead easy now its not even fun.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Can't wait for Aion either. PvP alone should be enough to keep me busy for awhile I think. I'm currently playing AoC, which seems to have decent open world pvp but theres not enough intentive to WANT to PvP in AoC. Aion seems to have some great ideas brewing..lets hope its as good past 30 as it looks.   :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

Originally posted by MasterchiefM

Im also looking forward to Aion. I never was much of a PvP'er mainly because most the MMO's ive played had terrible PvP (With the exception of a few). Been playing WoW for now, but WoW isnt what it used to be, its so brain dead easy now its not even fun.

well i am sure you will find the pvp in aion a bit more exciting as i feel it is done oldschool and with that comes a more challenging/rewarding gameplay experience...

and as for wow, i feel exactly the same and have about that game for about a year now...every since the boss nerfs the game has become extremely easy, and only requires that you have a lot of people that can play 40 hours a week to actually progress to the end of the game now...the feelings of accomplishment for me have long been gone from wow..

aion here we come!!!

I play a lot of games...

• LodenDSGLodenDSG Member Posts: 266

Well...after AoC and WAR left a bitter taste in my mouth I can honestly say I am very excited about Aion. I went back to WoW after AoC and WAR lost my interest and I just never could get back into that endless gear grind that is WoW. I am a PvPer and have been since the early days of EQ1. That being said I feel like Aion is a much more polished and complete game than AoC and WAR are currently (after close to a year after launch too)!

The PvP in this game blows every other new game I have played out of the water. Why? It is simple. The risk vs. reward system they have set up (AP Points and the Slayer system). The whole system veers players away from a zerg playstyle (much that WAR encouraged sadly)..and I feel like it offers a more challenging and rewarding game experience. You actually LOSe something important when you die in PvP (actually you lose multiple things!) Also they got the right idea with the PvP ranking system, and this is one thing WoW did do right and then sadly changed it for TBC.

Aion does have a unique feel (the art/colors/voices/etc) due to it being an Eastern created game. Yes I know it was tailored to the western market but I am saying that I think the new flavor it adds to the MMO genre we are used to spices it up quite a bit. It is nice to have a world other than dwarves and elves...

So even though I feel alot of the early traffic to this game will be from players seeking change, I feel like the game will shine when it comes to longevity and will really make an impact on this market.

Im with ya, AOC was fun for levels 1-40ish War was fun for 1-20 but nothing has held my intrest and WoW lost my intrest around the BC launch.

As to the ranking system I like it, I would like to see a life time system as well as the current system mostly because I rarely have the time it takes to comept in the fast paced ranks but would like to see my avatar grow from PvP. I have not found my PvP fix since DAoC and the SI expansion and even if I never make the high ranks in Aion PvP the battles alone are worth the price of admision.

Now I hate to get to hyped after all War was made by the same developer as my all time fav MMO (Mythic) and well as you no it was a flop (I blame EA rather or not thats correct) but NC soft is a solid dev, they have plenty of exp and the game as I understand it is popular in other markets so all signs are pointing to a damn fine MMO that should get me back in the grove that I have been missing since the SI expansion to DAoC.

Just for note, I think War and AoC both where worth the cost of the box and maybe a month or 2 of play they are "fun" but not solid enough to hold a gamer for long, heres hoping Aion drains me of a few years of subscription fees.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

I didnt get a chance to PvP in CB as i only reached level 14.  I hope that it is a game that encourages "realm pride" like DAoC had in the begining.  I hope I dont have to listen to too many whinners about how someone interfered with thier 1v1, buy an xbox for that crap.

I hope there is teamwork and if you get flanked by forces that outnumber your own, dont friggen whine about it.  Adapt, Improvise, Overcome..

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.