Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customization

williwaw87williwaw87 Maple Story CorrespondentMember Posts: 43

How do you want Guild Wars 2 to work on Customization? I hope that they have a more detailed customization similar to that of Aion and Perfect World. I find that there are only a few character looks in GW that I really like, so I hope that we can truly make unique characters graphic and gameplay wise.

Comments

• noob2Epicnoob2Epic Member Posts: 32

I wish every game had a character customization system like All Points Bulletin. If you don't know what I mean hunt it down on Youtube. Of course it would have a fantasy twist and wouldn't be able to have some uber awesome looking armor at creation. However, more armor/clothing choices at creation would be much appreciated.

The APB system would basically cover build, height, markings, hair styles/hair length, coloring, and later on... Guild capes. I think it would be awesome to be able to etch/dye/stitch designs (like a fantasy version of the APB tattoo/logo customization) into apparel.

But I'm a sucker for customization. I'd just take a few more options and different hair styles and be happy.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

The more customization the better.  While I do want the usual hair styles, build, height, and colors of everything, I also want a more varied armor.  I could care less if all the end game armor is the same stats, I just would enjoy having more armors to choose from.  And the Dye system better stay in also.  That is huge.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Shoulder Armor and Belt.

Also Neckles and rings

Trinkets

All the stuff WoW has and more!!!!

WoW is the standard, nothing should be equal or worst.

Everything has to be better like (AoC, AION, WAR)

• williwaw87williwaw87 Maple Story CorrespondentMember Posts: 43

I think that GW2 will have the same or better armor customization. I am worried about the physical looks. I want to be able to create a character that looks like whatever I want.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by williwaw87

I think that GW2 will have the same or better armor customization. I am worried about the physical looks. I want to be able to create a character that looks like whatever I want.

I Agree Dude/Miss

I want FANTASY LOOKING GEAR!!!!!

Warhammer was just too dam seriours, for a game that was avg at best.

I want Massive Weapons like the Nord in the Photo. I want Gear that looks like its made of Lava. I want Gear that looks like it would be a Ton. I want FANTASY GEAR. Not saying they have to rip off WoW and Aion's gear art. Those two game's artist came come up with cool looking Fantacy armor. Why not Guild Wars 2's Artist?

I WANT FANTASY ARMOR AND WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE NO LAME REALISTIC LOOKING WARHAMMER LIKE THE WARRIOR-PRIEST IN WARHAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE  PLEASE PLEASE,,,,,,, FANTASY WEAPONS. NO SMALL SCYTHS THIS TIME AROUND PLEASE. MAKE THEM THICK LIKE SOUL CALUBUR 3 SCYTH GUY  PLEASE

ANET IF YOUR READING THIS.,,,,,,,, FANTASY GEAR FOR THIS FANTASY GAME

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

uh I like the armor and weapons in Guild Wars and hope/think it will continue along those lines in Guild Wars 2. A few more options and more variety is always a good thing. But I don't want this to turn into a "fantasy" game that it's not.

• benzjiebenzjie Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Shoulder Armor and Belt.
    Also Neckles and rings
    Trinkets

next time you feel the urge of producing crap coming, feel free to visit a toilet.

Don't shoot the messenger.....it will ruin you monitor

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Originally posted by williwaw87

I Agree Dude/Miss

I want FANTASY LOOKING GEAR!!!!!

Warhammer was just too dam seriours, for a game that was avg at best.

I want Massive Weapons like the Nord in the Photo. I want Gear that looks like its made of Lava. I want Gear that looks like it would be a Ton. I want FANTASY GEAR. Not saying they have to rip off WoW and Aion's gear art. Those two game's artist came come up with cool looking Fantacy armor. Why not Guild Wars 2's Artist?

I WANT FANTASY ARMOR AND WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE NO LAME REALISTIC LOOKING WARHAMMER LIKE THE WARRIOR-PRIEST IN WARHAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE  PLEASE PLEASE,,,,,,, FANTASY WEAPONS. NO SMALL SCYTHS THIS TIME AROUND PLEASE. MAKE THEM THICK LIKE SOUL CALUBUR 3 SCYTH GUY  PLEASE

ANET IF YOUR READING THIS.,,,,,,,, FANTASY GEAR FOR THIS FANTASY GAME

FACKING WIN MAN!!!

yeah, i want big motahfaking great swords and shining plate armor with spikes and some skulls DAMMIT!

off topic: did u see AION´s 50 abyss plate? those cyborg shit was one reason (of many) to avoid that. also the sliders!!! i really would apreciate a "sliders for dummies" on mmorpg guides XD

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I'm not quite sure how I feel about customization, because to be honest I don't really care much about my character's face after character creation. Similarly, not many people care about my character's face either and I about theirs. Amour and weapons tend to take the place of the uniqueness via facial/body features.

• williwaw87williwaw87 Maple Story CorrespondentMember Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Lydon

I'm not quite sure how I feel about customization, because to be honest I don't really care much about my character's face after character creation. Similarly, not many people care about my character's face either and I about theirs. Amour and weapons tend to take the place of the uniqueness via facial/body features.

But, if you had the choice between no customization and a lot of customization physically, wouldn't you rather look unique?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Character customization is pretty cool but I don't think Arenanet needs to go over the edge with it but It definitely needs to be better than what we had in Guild Wars 1.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Shoulder Armor and Belt.
    Also Neckles and rings
    Trinkets

Good joke. WoW got like no customization whatsoever, and what does the amount of slots for gear have to do with customization or how good a game is. Quantity != quality.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Godliest

Shoulder Armor and Belt.

Also Neckles and rings

Trinkets

Good joke. WoW got like no customization whatsoever, and what does the amount of slots for gear have to do with customization or how good a game is. Quantity != quality.

Well if there's more slots there's more armour/weapons to equip, thus more customization.

• Leg3nd4ry1Leg3nd4ry1 Member Posts: 39

I'm always a fan of customizing my characters, the more the better! i love my character to feel unique and i would welcome any additions they make to character creation.

• DeViLmAn0DeViLmAn0 Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Character customization is pretty cool but I don't think Arenanet needs to go over the edge with it but It definitely needs to be better than what we had in Guild Wars 1.

compared to some, i actually thought GW's character customization was actually fairly decent, not over the top chock full of enough options to have u spending a few hrs (which is fun though) but not barren . One of my still favorite and most enjoyable mmo experiences is FFXI and that char customization.. ugh!!! GW's was solid though, just enough options for the most part to be just right .

Cant wait to try out GW2

Waiting For: FF14,Guild Wars2
    RIP: Tabula Rasa&Hellgate:London(online)
    Playing:Fallen Earth&Guild Wars& Dragon Age

• noob2Epicnoob2Epic Member Posts: 32

Anything that makes one character stand out from another is great in my book. I just think it is kind of weird when you pass a character that looks a lot like yours. At the same time I don't generally stop and stare at everyone's faces. However, when I'm bored I will zoom in on my character and it would be nice to see something unique and customized.

Then again... With all the different playable races it will be interesting to see how character creation is handled for each one.

Dissecting the official trailer I picked out some parts that show armor/faces in... decent detail. I'm sure most of us have seen these in passing, but here's some close up stills.

Armor 1 + Alternative

Armor 2 - Is that an NPC or playable?

Lady Armors

Group shot

• SaiaxisSaiaxis Member UncommonPosts: 45

While I am hoping for more customisation selections, I want it to keep the Guild Wars feel. I dont want them to go stupid fantasy like some of the other ones out there (ie: skimpy clothing on all the female chars), but a little extra and a bit of variation on the current one would be nice.

Side note: I hope it doesnt have some of the customisations that Aion has got. I am a straight male, but I dont particularly want to walk into a game where every female toon has a GG sized bust...