Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mount and Blade Warband

mviratamvirata Member UncommonPosts: 55

Guys I have to say this is probably one of the best games to come out in a LOONG time.  I have been playing the MP beta (no NDA so no worries, they are in indy company from Turkey and very relaxed and non corporate) and it is an abolute blast.  Anyone here playing it or have the single player?  I would recommend watching some You Tube videos.  I have been playing a strict server that uses no autoblock and elimination mode but there are respawning modes and autoblock modes as well for newbies.   No release date just yet but very soon maybe end of the year.

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

wow.... that looks really amazing .... i think i need to redownload it and freshin up on my M&B skills.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

Damn, that does look fun.

The only game that may ever encroach upon the large-scale medieval-style battles that every MMO player has dreamed about for decades, very well might be Mount and Blade, an indie game from Turkey.

I'd fully support these guys if they wanted to make an MMO.

I too will freshen up my Mount & Blade skills.

Another thing I like about this game, is that I was able to download it again even after losing my key. I thought.. great, I lost the key, I won't be able to download it. Nope, I requested it and received it in a minute.

If this had been any other game... no frigging way. You lose your key, you're done. So, kudos to that too.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Oh hell yes!  I cannot wait for this to be released.   I am a huge fan of Mount and Blade!   OMG the biggest.    I haven't tried the beta yet, but think I'll give it a go if I an get a key.    Are they still ahnding out keys?

See these vids....this is how combat should be in all games.   Nothing beats it.   OMG it is so much fun.  

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Sorry if it written anywere didn't notice it. This will be an expansion or a separate game? And F2P/B2P/P2P?

Thanks.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

OMG, i still play the first one, damn :)

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

It looks like Darkfall.

But it plays 100x better.

M&B is awesome.

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

It's also one of the few games where you don't need huge system specs to run it. If you do have a decent system, you'll notice it's also one of the only games that rises in performance with your machine, unlike most games on the market.

I'm still under the belief that the popular games are in bed with Nvidia, Intel, ATI and AMD to intentionally throttle performance so people freak out and go buy their hardware. Sometimes, performance in games just doesn't make sense.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

This does look pretty good, I play M&B about once a week...  really looking forward to some multiplayer action.   Hopefully they don't allow crazy character modding in Warband.  Either way.. fun fun.. can't wait. 

• mviratamvirata Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by aeroplane22

The only game that may ever encroach upon the large-scale medieval-style battles that every MMO player has dreamed about for decades, very well might be Mount and Blade, an indie game from Turkey.

Another thing I like about this game, is that I was able to download it again even after losing my key. I thought.. great, I lost the key, I won't be able to download it. Nope, I requested it and received it in a minute.

If this had been any other game... no frigging way. You lose your key, you'  re done. So, kudos to that too.

sorry man but its probably a demo that goes up to level 7.  i think you might be hosed without a key.  man this game would be the best mmo, i have been thinking this for some time.  it truly has the best medievel stye combat i have ever seen.  i think the developers would need the help of someone to make it an mmo.  the engine should at least be sold to other companies.  not for exclusive rights but in the same way unreal warfare engine is sold out.

right now the beta is going well.  there are some minor issues here and there but nothing game breaking.  if darkfall played like this, i would think this would be the best game of all time.  i am usually into magic but there is no magic at all in this game and it seems to fit well.  the only thing missing is using actual siege weapons.  its something i am hoping for in mount and blade 2 if they ever make one.

edit:  gonna answer some questions and add some commentary.

-The beta applications are finished so don't even bother applying. 

-Also its not an MMO so no need to ask if its P2P/F2P, etc...  Once you buy the game you can play on dedicated servers or host your own game. 

-User created mods can be played online. 

-The factions always leave the maps to be one sided.  This is due to the faction strenghts.  So you will often see 10 rounds go 9-1 or 8-2 or even 10-0.  There is no balance between the factions but the faction must play on its strength in order to gain advanatage for the round.  Right now everyone is rushing in like Conan, but proper tactics will get you a win every time. 

LOL!  OMG I have been beta testing both the multiplayer and the single player and OMG....this game just rocks.   The multiplayer is so addicting it is like the worst gamecrack ever!   Lot's has changed since the first M&B and this M&B is going to be utterly awesome.   They have added better models, better animations, and fixed a lot of what was wrong with the first ones single player game - you can even get married!   Be pegged as a traitor.   Rule your own Kingdom!   So much more - even get into a drunken brawl in the tavern!  LOL!   This one is going to be great.

Can't say enough about the multiplayr though.   OMG, there is open maps, ruins, village maps and siege maps with castles!  And different game modes.   Capture the flag.   Capture the castle.    Deathmatch, all out free for all, battle modes, this game has it all and it will currently support 64 players per map!   It's requirements are not all that high and seems to work well on low end systems as it does on high end systems.   Game is amazing.   The people at TaleWorlds are without a doubt some of the best developers I have ever had the pleasure to work with.   They listen to the beta testers and take their suggestion to heart and really try to make the game a really great game.    So far so good and if all goes well - this will be a game that will one day set a new standard for FPS melee combat.  

It also proves that FPS combat will work and work well in an MMORPG setting.    Hopefully someday, some game company will license the game engine and give us an MMORPG using this games combat and character progression system(the one from the single player game).  

Don't worry there is no NDA like other games because this game is created by developers that have total faith in their game.

• ragnaur23ragnaur23 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by aeroplane22

If this had been any other game... no frigging way. You lose your key, you're done. So, kudos to that too.

Glad to hear there are still people who want a real historic MMO along these lines:

- World conquest

-Multiple Classes

-Real Crafting

-Real Time Skills

There is a company that is non funded, who is desperately trying to obtain the funding needed to get such a game off the ground. I know the game has 16 playable factions, controllable territory, seige engines fully controllable and constructable, fast paced combat, crafting classes, player made quests. I beleive there is around 40 "mirrored classes" as well. I beleive they may be opening up the project as a community project later next year.

Mount and Blade is awesome, been waiting for this Warband for a while, and can't wait to see what M&B 2 offers in a couple years.

Originally posted by Teala

LOL!  OMG I have been beta testing both the multiplayer and the single player and OMG....this game just rocks.   The multiplayer is so addicting it is like the worst gamecrack ever!   Lot's has changed since the first M&B and this M&B is going to be utterly awesome.   They have added better models, better animations, and fixed a lot of what was wrong with the first ones single player game - you can even get married!   Be pegged as a traitor.   Rule your own Kingdom!   So much more - even get into a drunken brawl in the tavern!  LOL!   This one is going to be great.
    Can't say enough about the multiplayr though.   OMG, there is open maps, ruins, village maps and siege maps with castles!  And different game modes.   Capture the flag.   Capture the castle.    Deathmatch, all out free for all, battle modes, this game has it all and it will currently support 64 players per map!   It's requirements are not all that high and seems to work well on low end systems as it does on high end systems.   Game is amazing.   The people at TaleWorlds are without a doubt some of the best developers I have ever had the pleasure to work with.   They listen to the beta testers and take their suggestion to heart and really try to make the game a really great game.    So far so good and if all goes well - this will be a game that will one day set a new standard for FPS melee combat.  
    It also proves that FPS combat will work and work well in an MMORPG setting.    Hopefully someday, some game company will license the game engine and give us an MMORPG using this games combat and character progression system(the one from the single player game).  
    Don't worry there is no NDA like other games because this game is created by developers that have total faith in their game.

any chance they are making the game more stable? So people can run M&B with more then 200 units and not run into the vertex buffer crash?

Originally posted by tvalentine

any chance they are making the game more stable? So people can run M&B with more then 200 units and not run into the vertex buffer crash?

Huh?  Vertice crashes?  I have played the original with over 500 soldiers on the screen and never had a problem.   As for the beta, right now I just have it maxed to the games setting and not using the M&B Battle Sizer because it is not tweaked to work with the beta version yet.   Besides we get a new beta update about twice a week. 

Originally posted by tvalentine

Huh?  Vertice crashes?  I have played the original with over 500 soldiers on the screen and never had a problem.   As for the beta, right now I just have it maxed to the games setting and not using the M&B Battle Sizer because it is not tweaked to work with the beta version yet.   Besides we get a new beta update about twice a week. 

you ran Sieges with 500 units and never got a crash? Might be because i'm running native expansion.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Wasn't it just a husband and wife who started this game out? I'm pretty sure this is the game I am thinking of, haven't played since it was released, did try the original demo version they had out.  If so I am pretty impressed with how it turned out for them.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DeViLmAn0DeViLmAn0 Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by Malickie

Wasn't it just a husband and wife who started this game out? I'm pretty sure this is the game I am thinking of, haven't played since it was released, did try the original demo version they had out.  If so I am pretty impressed with how it turned out for them.

I think this was the one, i picked it up earlier this year, it is amangingly addicting, when u decide u wanna play it for for an hr or so in between another game or two u end up in it for alot longer. Its combat engine is awesome and challenging, especially when u get into larger scale battles. I remember charging groups of 10-15 shield bearing sea raiders with my lone lvl 2 . man my arm and sword were red by the time i finished that. good times!

Waiting For: FF14,Guild Wars2
    RIP: Tabula Rasa&Hellgate:London(online)
    Playing:Fallen Earth&Guild Wars& Dragon Age

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223

That is an amazing system i cant wait to play!!!

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

You know once they get the weapons balance down(right now it is not so great - two handers rule the battle field) and polish the animations and fix it so that melee actually works from horseback, this game is going to be a game that FPS fans are surely going to love.    The sieges(especially the latest map) are so much fun.

To all the developers out there that said that FPS melee combat couldn't be done - hahaha...a little indie company has proven it can be done and they did it so freaking awesomely words alone cannot describe the rush of this type of combat.     You wait...it is going to take the FPS gaming community by storm.   Imagine battles of 64 people fighting it out in the fields, villages, and castles of Calradia...it is just full of awesome sauce.   ^_^

• trnqlChaostrnqlChaos Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Malickie

I'm pretty sure you're right. From what I read a while back the wife did the art and models and the husband wrote the game code. It's an awesome game and I didn't even know a new version was coming out. I have the old version and played it to death. I even downloaded the Star Wars mod - there are a bunch of mods. The Star Wars mod turns the horses into speeders, swords to lightsabers, crossbows to blasters, etc.

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899

I downloaded the game yesterday and it's pretty cool so far.  Was a little hard as a solo horse archer to learn to play so I rerolled a fighter and once I go the basis the game is fun but there is a  thing I am not sure about.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

This game should win a game of the decade award.

ever since I found this game i was hooked, and hooked even longer because of the countless mods out there.

When warband leaves beta and gets released, I'll never touch a MMO again until i think that one could give me the same feeling that Mount & Blade gave me, nerd love.

No magic.. Bows, swords, horses, i freaking love this game.

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383
    Originally posted by Agoden

This game should win a game of the decade award.

ever since I found this game i was hooked, and hooked even longer because of the countless mods out there.

When warband leaves beta and gets released, I'll never touch a MMO again until i think that one could give me the same feeling that Mount & Blade gave me, nerd love.

No magic.. Bows, swords, horses, i freaking love this game.

I agree, M&B had original ideas and was a far more interesting gameplay than others also labelled as sandbox.

Well for me Mount and Blade Combat just cannot be beat.  It is so awesome.  Seriously, it has had me thinking of getting involved in some sort of medieval martial arts club to learn how the combat works in real life.  It is that awesome.

For me I so wish to see this games engine used in an MMORPG/FPS.   Seriously...the combat is not like some people think.  It is nothing like the lame stuff you find in Mortal Online or Darkfall.   LOL!  This combat puts both of those to shame.    Anyway...that would be my dream game.   A virtual world, with decent graphics, decent crafting, good MMO mecahnics(like housing, ships, player vendors, resource gathering), complex character development and custamization and combat ala Mount and Blade.    That - that would be so very awesome...::sigh:: 

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

See these vids....this is how combat should be in all games.   Nothing beats it.   OMG it is so much fun.  

No it shouldn't. Good combat is over the top combat, not dull realistic combat.