Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game keeps crashing

Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

ok. so i go to bestbuy today, purchase champions online, and start the installation process. after i install the game, it starts to do a patch download. pretty typical. after the patch is complete, i start to create my character. then it happens, the computer crashed.
so after 5 crashes i start to do some research on what the deal is. the forums say the patch was a mistake and u should reinstall the game and patch. so i decide to play wow for a bit to pass the time as i patch and BAM, computer crashes not once, but twice.
anyone know what the fuck is going on here? anybody else have a similar issue? its not a rig issue as i can play anything out there on max settings.

Comments

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

if you downloaded the patch earlier in the day there was a massive fubar with the patching server, it sent out some heinously bad data supposedly.  you may have to purge your system of said data.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by neorandom

if you downloaded the patch earlier in the day there was a massive fubar with the patching server, it sent out some heinously bad data supposedly.  you may have to purge your system of said data.

I would consider uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling it.. don't know if there is a straight download of it from your account options but if there is you should check that out.  Either way, reload the whole game and then try patching again.. if you still have a problem call cryptic....