Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Vids from GamesCon in Germany

BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Here are four more vids where Craig Zinkevich, STO's Executive Producer shows off and discusses some features in STO. Some real good info here.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

I found these vids to be full of new info and have quelled some of my fears about STO but have also awakened a few new ones. Enjoy everyone!

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

2 days and over 70 views and no one has a comment? Fascinating... *Raises an eyebrow*

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

I watched all of the videos and yes it`s the best first hand info we`ve seen so far but I don`t think I saw something that was really new to me or something that suprised me.

This game is on top of my "to play" list and I will play it from launch no mater what but I`m not very hyped about it.

I just hope and pray that they can implement everything they plan to and make it in a way that is fun and entertaining.

I haven`t had any fun PVEing since Everquest years ago and I can`t find any PVP game that will keep me longer then 2 months.

In the last few years games that "shoot for the stars" (try to implement every play style) fail miserably because they end up mediocre at everything (AoC for example).

Niche games seem to do better because they focus on 1 particular play style, like EVE for example.

We`ll see.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I too, have just had a ton of questions answered, and been slightly taken back by the graphics. This game has now tied Star Wars: The Old Republic as #1 on my list. 

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

In the first trailer the movement of the ships felt too jerky. Perhaps parts of the video were sped up. I'm glad to see they move more smoothly in this one.

Frankly I'm not a fan of Cryptic's engine, and I was somewhat surprised by how this one looked: It surpassed my - admittedly low - expectations. 

I was disappointed to find out that you cannot go from planet to planet (Earth to Saturn) without going into Sector Space... I was hoping it'd just take very long, but you would still have the option to. 

The part I liked most has to be the view of space and Earth from the station :)

So I'm somewhat more hyped than before... That's not saying much, but it's gradually building - one eyebrow slightly going up :) I was always going to buy it anywey, as I do nearly every single major MMO, so we'll see...

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Answered some of my questions too

Will stations be social hubs : check

Will borg invasion be an event : check(still wondering if random or not)

Are there psg's : check

and more

Also nice to here them starting to talk about the exploration side too, genesis sounds interesting

This one tops my want to try list aswell

just a quick fyi was watching one episode a day so no quick response here:)

Yeah, overall I was very pleased with what was presented in this vid with only a few minor exceptions. The graphics were a real surprise to me as they looked a whole lot better than I had expected. The animations still need work on the ground game but space looked almost flawless. The AI seems to be good as when the dev was fighting the Klingons on the ground they actually tried to outflank his party. Overall I was very pleased with what I saw and with Craig's comments. I loved the tour of Star Base One.

The Episodic based mission system looks really interesting and should be a change from the "go kill 10 rats" quests we're all used to. This seems to have a one up on SW: TOR as it looks like STO will be able to tell a story without overly instancing the game but I could be wrong. The fact that every single Episode(Quest) will have multiple parts with a story worth actually reading sounds great. It looks like this game is shaping up to be a lot more than what most people are expecting and should give SW: TOR a real run for it's money when they both release next year.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I was pretty impressed with what I saw. I might have to keep a bigger eye out for this game.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Yeah, overall I was very pleased with what was presented in this vid with only a few minor exceptions. The graphics were a real surprise to me as they looked a whole lot better than I had expected. The animations still need work on the ground game but space looked almost flawless. The AI seems to be good as when the dev was fighting the Klingons on the ground they actually tried to outflank his party. Overall I was very pleased with what I saw and with Craig's comments. I loved the tour of Star Base One.

The Episodic based mission system looks really interesting and should be a change from the "go kill 10 rats" quests we're all used to. This seems to have a one up on SW: TOR as it looks like STO will be able to tell a story without overly instancing the game but I could be wrong. The fact that every single Episode(Quest) will have multiple parts with a story worth actually reading sounds great. It looks like this game is shaping up to be a lot more than what most people are expecting and should give SW: TOR a real run for it's money when they both release next year.

Bren

I am glad that both TOR and STO are moving away from the traditional missions. I too get bored real quick with "Kill 10 rats and return to me." 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

I am glad that both TOR and STO are moving away from the traditional missions. I too get bored real quick with "Kill 10 rats and return to me." 

I too am looking forward to both STO and SW:TOR for this very reason. It's about time someone made quests actually more than mere tasks(As they are in 100% of all other MMOs including EVE Online). It's gotten so people don't even read quest dialogs any more... They just skip to the bottom to see what trivial task the quest wants them to do. In both STO and SW:TOR the dialog in the missions will be very important to completing the mission as it will affect the decisions the player will make during different parts of the mission and will affect the outcome greatly. Both Cryptic and Bioware should be applauded for this departure from the normal MMO quest setup.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }