Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW TRAILER!!!!!

Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

http://www.dagbladet.no/a/7939385/ 

ayayayayaya!!!!!!1

/edit

ok i've come down... There seems to be a new interview underneath the video. Dunno the language... so if someone could translate that would be awesome! ;)

/edit 2

Its awesome when at the end the creature says something like "vampir" or something... its just pure awesome how he says it :)

I soooo cant wait...

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

oh MY GOD!!!ty for this nice cg link

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

That kicked ass.  I really hope they pull this off, because we could use an MMO set in today's world for a change.  I'm tired of the same old garbage over and over again.  What ever happened to original ideas at these game companies?

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• wow, just wow, i am soo amazed! thx for sharing the link. nice concept art to be found on the site aswell.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Great new video.

Since Funcom will be behind closed doors it doesn't sound like the general public will see any ingame footage this time around. Some screenshots are likely.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Draccan

Great new video.
    Since Funcom will be behind closed doors it doesn't sound like the general public will see any ingame footage this time around. Some screenshots are likely.

Actually as i understand there will be a gameplay footage shown at PAX. Ragnar is talking about it for a month now. Plus there will, of course, be a massive load of new info. As i said... cant wait for tommorow.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

While the video was cool, obviously its a movie and not gameplay, so nothing to get too excited about. And since projected release isn't until 2012, I am holding back on my excitement, cause I can't sustain a high level of anticipation for 2+ years.

That said, besides TOR, this is the game I want to play the most. I have wanted a horror MMO forever. It's just a long way away.

Originally posted by Senadina

While the video was cool, obviously its a movie and not gameplay, so nothing to get too excited about. And since projected release isn't until 2012, I am holding back on my excitement, cause I can't sustain a high level of anticipation for 2+ years.
    That said, besides TOR, this is the game I want to play the most. I have wanted a horror MMO forever. It's just a long way away.

Where did you read that a projected release is 2012?

Originally posted by Batak_Killer

Originally posted by Draccan

Great new video.

Actually as i understand there will be a gameplay footage shown at PAX. Ragnar is talking about it for a month now. Plus there will, of course, be a massive load of new info. As i said... cant wait for tommorow.

Great!

• JesterDarklyJesterDarkly Member Posts: 20

http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/

There is a new initiation test in the main site too. Choose your side and win beta access (!?)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Cool trailer. Lets hope gameplay is good.

Between Beckett's MMOG mag, PC gamer, and everything else I read I don't remember. But it was not here, it was an article I am sure.

Between Beckett's MMOG mag, PC gamer, and everything else I read I don't remember. But it was not here, it was an article I am sure.

I dont know why the release would be in 2012, when the game is entering beta this year... the 2012 date i think is a date you get by doing something to the numbers on the main site... i think you miss read something. There is no way this game is releasing 3 years form now!

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I'm excited about the concept and setting, personally. Obviously the footage is not game play. We are all pretty familiar with CG animation trailers / cut scenes at this point.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• CompwinnerCompwinner Member Posts: 34

Feels a bit "meh" to me tbh.

• JesterDarklyJesterDarkly Member Posts: 20

The main site has a countdown that ends with the end of the world in 2012 by the Mayan calendar. It has been said that this is not the expected release date of the game.It will definitely be sooner, don't worry ;)

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Somehow, I've managed to overlook this game.  It has an interesting premise, and who doesn't like horror.  I guess we'll have to wait and see the actual game play footage before we get too excited.   =)

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by Senadina While the video was cool, obviously its a movie and not gameplay, so nothing to get too excited about. And since projected release isn't until 2012, I am holding back on my excitement, cause I can't sustain a high level of anticipation for 2+ years.

I dont know why the release would be in 2012, when the game is entering beta this year... the 2012 date i think is a date you get by doing something to the numbers on the main site... i think you miss read something. There is no way this game is releasing 3 years form now!

Probably looked at http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/ and assumed that is what that meant.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thesecretworld/video/6207382?hd=1  mm this give a better picture and let me tell you it sound nice.men without class without lvl .yes 

start of the plan 5 year ago ,full production 3 year ago (last april)

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

Okay. I had never heard of this game until today. I just took that test and I am hot for this game now. It sounds very, very nice. I am in.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

I stand corrected then ( I hope). I was sure I read that in a magazine article but perhaps they were mistaken too. I KNOW I didn't get it from their website, haven't gone there until today to take the test. Well, good then, because I really want to play TSW.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

im keeping an eye on this game, look really intresting

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

im keeping an eye on this game, look really intresting

*thumbs up to the Frog*

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

good news so far on this game. no classes/levels  and modern/horror setting sounds good to me. looking to see some gameplay

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

Being a Funcom game I'm surprised nobody jumped on the bash bandwagon already.

Originally posted by BoudahXL

Being a Funcom game I'm surprised nobody jumped on the bash bandwagon already.

hush .... don't wake up the trolls