Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: New Trailer Revealed!

Comments

• Aki_RossAki_Ross Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Heyitschris

Wow you anti Funcom people need to chill out. 
    The man who was in charge of the development of Age of Conan has retired from Funcom a looong time ago.
    The man behind the steering wheel now is the guy who made Dreamfall, a superb game! Check out his work, and you'll get excited. 
    Remember, different developers = different quality on games. Bitches. 

I quite agree with you, with AoC a different person was in charge. Somebody who made a lot mistakes, But now it's Ragnar in charge of things this time around and I hope it will smother. 

Besides, I'm really looking forward to this game. There doesn't appear to be any other like it on the market currently.   

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Originally posted by Joppari

I'm going to give Funcom a second chance with this one, but I won't believe everything they tell me this time and my expectations won't that like they were for AoC. I didn't get to experience the AO launch and if FC pull off a hat trick of failed launches I'd say that it will be the end of them as a company.

If they get it right then this will be a really nice change and fill a space in the MMO market. (anyone else tired of dwarves, Orcs 'n' Elves?)

I love the trailers though, they set the mood quite nicely.

mm i believe we might have a nice surprise ,i dont think its the same gang.

Its the same gang..they are removing people from aoc development to work on this game..so...be warned lol

Ah, the typical mmorpg.com forum poster. Completely and utterly clueless.

Please research before you type. Might make you look even less of a twat.

Edit: You've made two posts on this thread and i'm afraid I must revoke my above statement. You won't even look less than a twat.

• CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by drumchannell

If it's Funcom, then I'm out! Even to this day, they STILL haven't fixed Age of Conan.

And you STILL moan about it!! Get another game or a life,jeeez

• CorvwynCorvwyn Member Posts: 8

Ok. So Age of Conan didn't exactly turn out to be the game they promised. Keep in mind that AoC is just one Funcom game. If you've played other Funcom games you know they are high quality. With Ragnar Tørnquist at the helm the story will be top notch.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Pay no attention to the idiots who say that won't play this gamer no matter what, simply because Funcom's name is on it.  If this game turns out to be a good one, most of them will trip over themselves to buy it and start paying the sub. 

I too was burned and pissed off by AoC, but I have decided that game is not for me, and I have moved on with my life.  TSW has a completely different dev team, and Ragnar is an incredible game maker.  I will watch this game like so many others to see how it evolves. 

Hell, look at Star Wars Galaxies.  There are so many people to blame, including the initial development and management staff, that it's ridiculous to even try to point the finger at someone specific or SOE in general. The fiasco with SWG has become the biggest 'what not to do" in mmo development history. Everyone knows it including SOE.

Hopefully Funcom learned what they did wrong with AoC.  They wasted one of the best intellectual properties anyone could have acquired for an MMORPG and instead of being a large thriving game, it's a niche MMO.  They saw and continue to see what it was about AoC, and their management skills that made everyone so angry.  We have spoken by NOT playing the game, and I have to think they are listening.

If you wish to continue holding a grudge, that is your choice, but I am willing to let people grow and change. We will find out in Beta how this game is shaping up.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Completely different team than the AOC team. If the game turns out good then I'll be playing no matter what anyone says.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

just be happy that the ppl who hate FC/AoC wont be playing it, the rotten eggs are already filtered out that way :)

nice trailer, and im still excited about the game, but will i buy/try it? no idea, definitely need more info. besides, i always purchase games after they launched.

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• TiurinnTiurinn Member Posts: 62

The trailer is pure bliss. TSW is all about the story, the ARG, and these trailers really set the mood perfectly for the game. Even if the game would ultimately suck, the ARG so far has been so good already.. That alone makes it worth your while to follow this game. 

Looking forward to what comes out of PAX. Would be nice to start seeing some in-game footage (normally we're going to see some in-game screenshots at PAX at least). 

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190

I'm highly interested in this game, but most just because I want it to be awesome as a survival horror like MMO. But there is so little known about this game as of yet and it's been in production for a LONG time now.

The teaser trailer is very nice looking, but we already saw a really nice looking cinematic teaser trailer a long time ago. We ever going to see any actual game play...???

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Originally posted by Tiurinn

Looking forward to what comes out of PAX. Would be nice to start seeing some in-game footage (normally we're going to see some in-game screenshots at PAX at least). 

I REALLY hope so.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

What i dont get .. is if your company fails at making mmo's but yet your CG"s are amazing, why not just make a damn movie?

Cause i mean, their CG team > Their develepment team ...

srsly?

Id surely watch a The Secret World movie.

as well as play the game, thats just because i did enjoy AoC at launch. 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• CablespiderCablespider Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Andraxx

It may be Funcom, but more specifically, it's from Ragnar Tornquist, who made The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. If he's the driving force for this MMO, I'll definitely give it a shot.

^ This. Both great games. I surely have my eye on it.

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185

Yeah funcom made a mistake when to release AoC but it still has some things going for it.  I guess I never listened to the promises so I plain and simply don't feel lied to.  I don't have a sub going with the game now because it isn't ready as of yet.  I do keep a wide open mind on the game though.  If it improves enough(I know it already has some) I may resub.  AoC not living up to it's own overzelous followers expectations does not mean this game will be bad.  It's different and headed by different people..  My advice? Never give full credence to hype.  Even from the horses mouth.  We all have seen things change as things move forward chill.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

CG is so overrated
    it doesnt tell us anything abt gameplay
    and thats the most important aspect of any MMO

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

Originally posted by illyana

CG is so overrated

it doesnt tell us anything abt gameplay

and thats the most important aspect of any MMO

It's a teaser. Key word there. It's not supposed to reveal much.

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Funcom game??? no thanks...only dump people fall 2 times

Irony.

You took the word right out of my mouth. Though, instead of "irony," I'd have just used the proper spelling from the quote.

And then, I have to wonder, why do they "fall"? And only fall twice, at that?

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• trajan22trajan22 Member Posts: 91

pretty damn nice.  i approve.

• JeowanJeowan Member Posts: 79

I love the videos. They're very exciting to watch! especially the sexy little asian girl turning around with the straw in her mouth while the creature (looking like something from resident evil) is grinning at her as if to say "WHY HERRO THAR!!"

love the mystery! love the suspense!

• ThrawlThrawl Member Posts: 271

so when is this thing suppose to be released anyway? i haven't even heard of it before so i'm assuming it's still in an alpha/closed beta state.

Our spirit was here long before you

Long before us

And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end

Originally posted by Thrawl

so when is this thing suppose to be released anyway? i haven't even heard of it before so i'm assuming it's still in an alpha/closed beta state.

There's a big reveal this weekend at PAX. We'll have to wait and see just how revealing it is.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

according to funcoms latest financial presentation (which was 26th of august) the game is in alpha development

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Funcom has made more than one game.... just saying....

the longest journey for example.. just saying...

mmo gamers should be gamers, rather than QQ babies ;) just hope Funcom don't do a Mythic too much of their team is split between Bioware, camelot and UO just now...  which means Warhammer Onlines content and any expansion has been slowed if not stopped.

death is brewing for WAR... at least AoC is pretty ;)

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• Azntranc3Azntranc3 Member Posts: 169

Like many I was one of those people burned by AoC, however I didn't hate it. I just hated the way it was instanced and managed but what I did notice was the great amount of detail that was in the game.

Now Im a forgiving guy, and Im probably one of the few people who have money to spare in this period of time so yes, I will give this game a try.

• SertorianSertorian Member Posts: 7

Honestly, to me, people who goes on a rampage and hates a developer for making a game they dont like or failed to deliver the features they wanted. They're not ruining anything for those playing the game and enjoying it, they're just limiting their own scope for games.

We are game consumers, if you dont like something stay away from it. But a wide range of developers and games will get us more to choose from, wich every consumer benefits from, nomatter if half the games out there are rubbish in your own personal eyes.

For the trailers and concepts, I love em, I'll keep my eyes on the game and see if it's something I'd like to try.

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Funcom game??? no thanks...only dump people fall 2 times

Irony.

Congratulations! You've made me laugh the loudest today!