Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have the flamers cooled down?

Is it just me or have these forums become more calm nowadays? Or are we just waiting for the next fail mmo? Not that it's a bad thing, I don't see the point of flaming other games, I think it's a waste of time you could spend on the game you prefer.

Maybe some people just got older

Comments

• ninja33284ninja33284 Member Posts: 82

were all just patiently waiting for  AION lol (Note : im not a flamer >_>)

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427

My friend, there is still plenty of animosity to go around.

I just prefer to call it 'aggressive argumentationalism'.

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

• blackhawk432blackhawk432 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Everyone is unable to flame anymore as we are all so excited for this new MMORPG!

people tell me its going to be a sweet experience

• InzraInzra Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by blackhawk432

Everyone is unable to flame anymore as we are all so excited for this new MMORPG!

people tell me its going to be a sweet experience

awesome!!!

• tupodawg999tupodawg999 Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by Inzra

Is it just me or have these forums become more calm nowadays? Or are we just waiting for the next fail mmo? Not that it's a bad thing, I don't see the point of flaming other games, I think it's a waste of time you could spend on the game you prefer.

Agree. I think some of the most frustrated players were PvP fans and both Darkfall and Aion have helped with that.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by tupodawg999

Originally posted by Inzra

Agree. I think some of the most frustrated players were PvP fans and both Darkfall and Aion have helped with that.

I like PvP and I would not touch either of those even with a long stick. Everything I hear from them is bad. Even the posts that praises those two sound bad! More likely everyone's waiting for the next decent game to come by. Calm before the storm. Just wait when people get disappointed.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

School has started for most public education facilities.   Even private ones like colleges.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

I think the more recent, smoother mmo launches helps compared to the darkfall, WAR, AoC debacle. Some stuff is still going on though.

However I have to ask you, what is your definition of a "flamer"?

In my opinion these forums are overrun with zealous "fanboys" who feel threatened whenever you make a critical point of anything. If you don't like this or that or think some games are fundamentally flawed.

In general I find this whole "fanboy" and "flamer|hater|doomsayer" is simplistic and stupid. Time and time again I have been labelled "hater" or "doomsayer" for calling out things that are wrong with a game under development. And I still have to find myself not right. And more funny, usually the other half turns around after launch and agree that the game was indeed flawed.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    Originally posted by Draccan

I think the more recent, smoother mmo launches helps compared to the darkfall, WAR, AoC debacle. Some stuff is still going on though.
    In my opinion these forums are overrun with zealous "fanboys" who feel threatened whenever you make a critical point of anything. If you don't like this or that or think some games are fundamentally flawed.
    In general I find this whole "fanboy" and "flamer|hater|doomsayer" is simplistic and stupid. Time and time again I have been labelled "hater" or "doomsayer" for calling out things that are wrong with a game under development. And I still have to find myself not right. And more funny, usually the other half turns around after launch and agree that the game was indeed flawed.

Yeah, but you are playing AoC, you have no standards.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050
    Originally posted by SonofSeth

That just come from the Blizzard fanboy (look at his post history)

ROFL

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

Bad economy. Everyone is losing their office jobs and have to work at McDonalds with no internet access.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

I agree whole heartedly. I've started to get warnings anytime I say anything negative at all and I'm getting pretty tired of it. I think it's time they remove that stupid report button and have the moderators *gasp* moderate.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ROFL

yep.steer clear of wow .thats what i do lol

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I am afraid it is a calm before the storm, when Aion releases things will get back to normal.

The only game that have benn released since Df is CO that just got out but superhero games don't seems to get as much trolling as other games. So once Aion releaes things should get back to normal.

Also MMO is not as popular in schools today as a year ago so maybe some of the worst flamers quit because of that.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I too have noticed a downward trend of vigorous flaming of  newly released games. Champions Online seems to be somewhat calm. Aion I think will show some more lively discussion

• J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by ninja33284

Yes, World of Animecraft will be our savior.

LGM Alchemist (Legendary Grandmaster)
  • HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

LOL that is very funny & ironic coming from a WoW player.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

Originally posted by acidworm

Actually, Aion is made like Lineage, not WoW.  The games may be similir because most MMO that are hack & slash are set up in a similiar manner.

The game is pretty good, better than WoW in almost every aspect.  I doubt it would rival WoW's PvE endgame content, but that is not Aion's focus.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Or maybe we are winning the war on flamers ;)

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

ROFL

How does caling me a fanboy help your point? You do exactly what you criticize in your post and make yourself look like fanboy. Out of all the big releases last year, AoC is the biggest failure, so questioning your standards is completely valid. You yourself emphasise your critical opinion on fundamental flaws.

Oh, and as to my posting history, if you really check it you will find I consider WoW and EVE as the only two MMORPGs worth playing right now. It just happens I enjoy WoW, not EVE.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Woopin
    Or maybe we are winning the war on flamers ;)

A war only got two losers, although one lost slightly more than the other.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by Hydroblunt

Actually, Aion is made like Lineage, not WoW.  The games may be similir because most MMO that are hack & slash are set up in a similiar manner.

The game is pretty good, better than WoW in almost every aspect.  I doubt it would rival WoW's PvE endgame content, but that is not Aion's focus.

If it's more like L2, I guess we'll see the a new race after launch....The Bots.

How does caling me a fanboy help your point? You do exactly what you criticize in your post and make yourself look like fanboy. Out of all the big releases last year, AoC is the biggest failure, so questioning your standards is completely valid. You yourself emphasise your critical opinion on fundamental flaws.

You are acting like a fanboy because you are extremely biased.  While AoC was an epic fail launch, which is classic of Funcom, please do not act like WoW launch was without hiccups.  In fact, it was VERY troublesome as almost all MMO launches run into serious problems.  By today's standards, it would have been considered "FAIL" as well.

The fact is that AoC has come a long way and it is a solid PvP game with an interesting combat system, and good story.  It is a deeper game than WoW, which is not exactly hard to be unless we're talking about Browser games.  I've played it recently, have you?  I chose not to stick with it as I have limited time and found games better in my opinion, but I would definitely revisit it.

Originally posted by junzo316

Originally posted by Hydroblunt

If it's more like L2, I guess we'll see the a new race after launch....The Bots.

Yeah, I am actually quite concerned about that and that will be a key point.  But supposedly, NCSoft is taking a different approach with Western launch and will keep the botters out.

• boobookachooboobookachoo Member Posts: 70

Aion is putting the flamers to rest, they have nothing to flame the game is amazing.

And i also agree, I hope that NC takes actions to prevent botters, L2 was bad.