Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this game good

funwanfunwan Member Posts: 8
i was thinking of buying this and playing it anybody beta test and can give me honest opinion ?

Comments

• M0BiUsM0BiUs Member Posts: 9

I haven't played it since the WPE ( being that I was just informed about preordering and its perks ), but yes I loved the game back in october. I am looking forward to participating in the upcoming BWE on jan 7 :D

• GlockownerGlockowner Member Posts: 5

yea i havent beta tested but all the information ive found about it looks good... i would like to try the beta but i am not a fan of pre purchasing

• _myko_myko Member Posts: 333

havent played it since the E3FE (it was as good as most other RPG's then), i've now pre-ordered, looking forward to the 7th....

---sig---

PvE in general is pretty lame, if you think long and hard about it. You are spending your time beating a severely gimped AI that would lose to a well trained monkey. Best not to think too long and hard why you are wasting time playing games in general actually...

• cyrdaancyrdaan Member Posts: 60

yes it is an awesome game, i hate peopel going around saying that it is stupid and restricting and all. if they had a brain they would realize that they have only had betas so far, it is not the whole game, idiots. and of course, no monthly fee, how can u not love that. i love this game and would definietly preorder, had i the money. and i am new here so i don't know rules about advertising for guilds but i will say that if anyone needs a guild they can pm me.

oops, double post

• NezulNezul Member Posts: 4
    like cyrdaan sad, this game is awsome and I really love this game. even if it's only in beta now but if it is so good now I can't imagine how it will be when the full game is released. and I like that there are no monthley fees so more people can play it and I don't like to write my credit card number on internet so this game is perfect for me. if you haven't pre-ordered it you should do it now.
  • SojenSojen Member Posts: 76

heh, played only the WPE and E3 events. I liked them both. But its pretty hard for me to pre-order locally. Because I live in Malaysia, and my local retailer wont get them. image

And I also dont like paying online using credit card number and stuff. Kinda hard for me to get in beta weekends.... image

Originally posted by Sojen

heh, played only the WPE and E3 events. I liked them both. But its pretty hard for me to pre-order locally. Because I live in Malaysia, and my local retailer wont get them. image
    And I also dont like paying online using credit card number and stuff. Kinda hard for me to get in beta weekends.... image

if u have a friend, who u trust somewhere else, or a relative u trust somewhere slse then get them to preorder it for u. if not, u can get in the beta events with a friend pass.

• blisseverblissever Member Posts: 124

Played the open beta in Oct and thought the game was very good. The added bonus is that its for free, so in my eyes its like buying any pc game and being able to play it online with others, like NWN.

Its worth buying and checking out.

• DekuDeku Member Posts: 42

It is a verry good, fun acion based game. A perfect balance between roleplaying and action orientated gaming, and for me personally exactly what I have been looking for in an online game.

Plyers more used to slower rpgs might not like how fast it is but i think it will apeal to many more gamers than normals rpgs and ithe nature of the gameplay is perfect for online play i think.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
    - Oscar Wilde

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
    - Oscar Wilde

• casalinocasalino Member Posts: 5
    It lost its fun quick after the second world test.

Closed Beta Tester Forever

• SeldonaSeldona Member Posts: 35

This game rocks. And anyone who thinks the gameplay is simple knows not of what he speaks.

I have played in every beta, as a pre-order, and I can tell you that as far as pvp is concerned this is the most tacticaly orientated game to date.

I have been in guild battles, and in my guild we are actualy building characters to fit into teams for GvG and PvP.

No pick up team will have a chance agaist a well designed, thought out group. As anyone who has seen the high end GvG and PvP will tell you.

As far as the missions, they are so engrossing you don't even notice that you are leveling. It is like, oh cool, anothe level. Now lets go find those cult members and hack them to bits.

I think people's main gripe is that NO character class can hit the auto attack button and go get a soda.

You have to pay attention to what is going on in both your team, and the target at hand.

And you only get to take 8 out of 150 or so skills into the arena with you at one time.

In short, if you like PvP, tactics, played in one of the most beutiful setting out there, this game is for you.

If you want to spend a year (okay, maybe not a year) leveling up your character, and subscribe to the slash, nuke, heal, sort of gameplay, get WoW.

Enjoy!

::::28::

• SoraKogekiSoraKogeki Member Posts: 51
    This game is so good, I'm speechless.  After playing the alphas and beta, I will definitely know what class to make and it's build so i can kill everyone in PvP.  image  (Of course, you can't kill everyone by yourself. image)

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

So far, the only playtime I"ve missed in it was the first beta weekend, as I was a little late in preordering. But I did play in the December one, and I'll be there again in January. This game should be the standard to which all future online games are measured. It's already so big, beautify, and polished ..and each expansion will only make it moreso. This game has astounding potential. The pvp is especially interesting, so many possible team and skill combinations ..wow.

The pve is wonderful and often pretty challenging, but with experience, strategy, and a good team, you can overcome all. It's too difficult to solo though. Hired henchmen can be of great help, but even they dont' cut it sometimes. But the REAL challenge is in pvp. Actual people are much more clever and dangerous. I personally have a level of anxiety, entering a pvp match, that I don't have in pve. The pve is fun and has awsome atmosphere to it, but you at least feel you usually have things under control (when you don't bite off more than you can chew ;) ) . But in pvp, you never know what's gonna happen, or what the other team will be throwing at you. No matter how good you are or your team are, you can easily get your butts handed to you if you don't watch out. And even if you do have a good team build and good teamwork, there will always been some other team out there to knock you off your winning streak (and getting said streak is no small task to begin with). It's just such intense and fast-paced competiton. It's kind of like a fps in that respect, only more variety.

The Obsidian Kings

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

Guys we gotta a new one here. I can tell you are new to this section of the forums because you asked is this game fun? WEll.... I will say it in two words and maybe just maybe one of them isn't registered .

HELLA YES! The graphics rival that of EverQUest 2 and there is no so much as a slow down of lag in the sense. the community is great and it's FREE. Yep this game is pretty darn good.

This game is great, and I still feel "great" doesn't do it must justiceimage

• BlackhawkxBlackhawkx Member Posts: 18

I am a beta tester for Guild Wars. I started looking around for a new MMORPG after I found out that Earth and Beyond was closing. This game caught my eye after playing the E3 for everyone event. The area I live in I can't get any high speed internet. I'm stuck with 56k. On the FAQ it says anyperson with a internet connection can play. Playing E3 and the Beta events I haven't had any lag at all. Thats a big plus+ in my book. It was very easy for me to pick up and start playing. The combat is awsome. And the no monthly fee. Its worth buying it when it comes out. I give it a 10 out of 10.

HOOOOAH!

• GabeOjedaGabeOjeda Member Posts: 7
    This game rocks hard man! I've been playing Guild Wars since the first beta test. I already pre-ordered myself a copy. You guys should get yours image

• BlackhawkxBlackhawkx Member Posts: 18
    LOL look at that poll.. 100% pre-ordered and will buy. Right on guys!!!!image

HOOOOAH!

• PalancoPalanco Member Posts: 23

I have only had the opertunity to try the game at the World Prewiew they had.

The game after my opinion simply rocks.

It got good grapichs , and i meat alot of nice persons, it has cool landscape and alot of funny creatures to battle and the missions are awsome =)

This game is absolutly worth the 50$ it costs.

But does annyone know when Guild Wars will be out in Europe?

(sorry for anny bad english its kinda late here now and stuff)

Its Time For A New Revlution...
    The Return Of A Power.
    A Tide Of Old And New.
    Will Drown All That Stands In Their Way.

Can You Stop The Flood??
    The BrotherHood Of Krimson Is Back!''

Http://www.Krimsonlands.com

• JonnehJonneh Member Posts: 19

I'm really looking forward to this game, I got a key for the Jan 7th beta and cannot wait. I have looked into the game alot and disagree with alot of my friends that I think the game will kick ass. On a higher note, the ex-staff of Diablo worked on this, so it's gotta be awesome. What WOW shoulda been, although WOW is awesome still lol.

This is where I put some wierd trademark for myself, well my trademark is a picture of me owning you.

This is where I put some wierd trademark for myself, well my trademark is a picture of me owning you.

• darkgamerxdarkgamerx Member Posts: 311
    i played the game and its good the graphics looks great the charaters perfect and the quest are great image

mad gamer

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

*ahem* quests are called mission

and speaking of mission....there hard, esp. the 5th mission of thw white mantle

small isnt it?

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

Hard = good. It's nice to have something actually challenging.

The Obsidian Kings