Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UO: Stygian Abyss

HolaHolaHolaHola Member Posts: 68

The new expansion is out sep. 8th. - And look like a really well thought one this time!

The new SA client is still in beta thou'

www.uo.com

Playing: League of Legends!

Comments

• DefectDefect Member Posts: 246

I could not disagree with you more. This is just more destruction of what used to be a good game. I don't suppose it matters anymore really, it has already been tarnished beyond recognition.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by HolaHola

The new expansion is out sep. 8th. - And look like a really well thought one this time!

The new SA client is still in beta thou'

www.uo.com

Want to make any bets that this time they manage to make a decent client before going gold like they did with the KR client?

From what I read on the boards, lots is still unfinished and will probably be released so or announced later on as feature.

• HolaHolaHolaHola Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Defect

I could not disagree with you more. This is just more destruction of what used to be a good game. I don't suppose it matters anymore really, it has already been tarnished beyond recognition.

AoS was a mistake yes. But with imbuing and making it possible to combine powerscrolls, they will even out the playingfield alot. Its not that hard to get the stuff for imbuing - and its really easy to get 105 and 110 scrolls.

The client still need some more work indeed. Thats why its in beta. But its allready alot better then what KR ever was.

Also they will announce some PvP content after UO:SA are released. Read stratics board  with Draconis answers AND the interview with the Dev. Cal here: gamesblog.ugo.com/games/ultima-online-12-years-down-12-years-to-go

Let me Quote from that interview:

UO was like the Wild West in its early days, everything seemed fairplay and you took your life in your hands when you left town; does that still exist in today's UO?

Calvin: That's something we're going to try to do in two pieces. We're going to have an announcement after this launch about another piece that will turn UO back into the Wild, Wild West that everyone wants.

• AzurealAzureal Member UncommonPosts: 235

AoS was a mistake yes. But with imbuing and making it possible to combine powerscrolls, they will even out the playingfield alot. Its not that hard to get the stuff for imbuing - and its really easy to get 105 and 110 scrolls.

The client still need some more work indeed. Thats why its in beta. But its allready alot better then what KR ever was.

Also they will announce some PvP content after UO:SA are released. Read stratics board  with Draconis answers AND the interview with the Dev. Cal here: gamesblog.ugo.com/games/ultima-online-12-years-down-12-years-to-go

UO was like the Wild West in its early days, everything seemed fairplay and you took your life in your hands when you left town; does that still exist in today's UO?

Calvin: That's something we're going to try to do in two pieces. We're going to have an announcement after this launch about another piece that will turn UO back into the Wild, Wild West that everyone wants.

Holy shit. A quote from a UO dev? It must be true!

PAST: UO-SWG-DAOC-WOW-DDO-VG-AOC-WAR-FE-DFO-LOTRO-RIFT-GW2
    PRESENT: Nothing
    FUTURE: ESO

Draconi the lead designer of UO, stated on Stratics last night that they DO have something ready for after SA. why should they lie? But we still dont know what direction they will go.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Draconi the lead designer of UO, stated on Stratics last night that they DO have something ready for after SA. why should they lie? But we still dont know what direction they will go.

This makes me want to dip back in and check things out again.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

:)

Or atleast wait and see what the new content will be.

• vaultbrainvaultbrain Member Posts: 122

LOL, and you actually believe them? HA, they will never be able to remake the game into the wild wild west it used to be unless they put in classic servers, which EA will NEVER do. Its just another ploy to get people to come back and play the shitty post AOS crap that killed UO and line their greedy inept pockets with more money.

What are they going to do? Put in more Seige servers? HA!

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    Originally posted by vaultbrain

LOL, and you actually believe them? HA, they will never be able to remake the game into the wild wild west it used to be unless they put in classic servers, which EA will NEVER do. Its just another ploy to get people to come back and play the shitty post AOS crap that killed UO and line their greedy inept pockets with more money.

I highly doubt EA is lining their pockets with UO anymore.

UO is still one of the most immerse and in depth MMO out there, no one can argue with that.  Sure AoS was a hit in the groin to the players, but I almost welcome it these days.  I think there is more strategy to UO now rather than the old days. 

What I do miss is the sense of feeling in danger though.  That is something I welcome back with arms wide open.

What EAMythic does with UO anymore is for the fans.  Not the money.  They want to keep the current player base happy and I think they are.  What I think they are trying to do now is to get some of the old folks back that have not played since the T2A days.  We'll see if this works.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• vaultbrainvaultbrain Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by MaeEye

Originally posted by vaultbrain

I highly doubt EA is lining their pockets with UO anymore.

UO is still one of the most immerse and in depth MMO out there, no one can argue with that.  Sure AoS was a hit in the groin to the players, but I almost welcome it these days.  I think there is more strategy to UO now rather than the old days. 

What I do miss is the sense of feeling in danger though.  That is something I welcome back with arms wide open.

What EAMythic does with UO anymore is for the fans.  Not the money.  They want to keep the current player base happy and I think they are.  What I think they are trying to do now is to get some of the old folks back that have not played since the T2A days.  We'll see if this works.

Strategy? What Strategy? All that matters in UO now is who has the fastest hacks and most uber artifacts. There is no strategy anymore, that went out the window when AOS came around and item dependency took over. More specifically, when Artifact item dependency took over.

There was more strategy in the old days than there is now. Back then, you didnt know what other people were going to do, what weapons they were using, whether or not their weapons were poisoned, where they a tank mage, were they just an all out warrior, were they a theif warrior and would steal your mages regs? All of these came into account and all had to be factored in. Today, all it is about is who has the more uber set of gear. Tell me where the strategy is there?

HA! EA does NOTHING for the fans of UO. NOTHING! If that were the case, they would have listened to their main forums on stratics when they were being FLOODED with requests from old players and current for classic servers. But did they listen? NO. they continued with the post AOS shit pile content that drove everyone away. And look at the game now. Its a frigging ghost town.

So, yeah, go ahead EA, continue with the post AOS crap and SA. Maybe once the real games quit followed by the gold farmers and house horders, UO will finally get shut down and put out of its misery.

Or, hopefully, the true King of Britannia will return to his broken lands and heal them, restoring them to their former glory.