Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 7 and AION

4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

Has there been any news of AION open beta being able to work with windows 7? Or release for that matter 

playing: Dragon Age
Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
Want to try: Fallen Earth

Comments

• thenamthenam Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by 4Renziks

Has there been any news of AION open beta being able to work with windows 7? Or release for that matter 

I can't say for sure, as I have not been able to play (waiting for OB), but I certainly had no difficulty installing under the Win 7 RC. I can also view the opening cinematic with no issues.

• MrPhireMrPhire Member Posts: 212

For the fact that very little changes from Vista to 7 in view of compatibility it should and probably does work.

Playing: Guild Wars and Exteel
    Loved: WoW, Guild Wars, FFXI, and Lineage 2
    Liked: Exteel, WAR, and Lineage 1
    Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.
    Waiting For: Aion, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and SW:TOR

• Originally posted by thenam

I can't say for sure, as I have not been able to play (waiting for OB), but I certainly had no difficulty installing under the Win 7 RC. I can also view the opening cinematic with no issues.

I have the same experience. Haven't actually gotten past login screen yet, but everything else worked without errors.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I've been playing Aion for the last Closed Betas without any sign of problems, on the contrary, i get better performance on windows 7 than on windows vista, so there is no reason to be different on the open beta.

Aion works perfectly on windows 7

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    Originally posted by Salacon

Originally posted by thenam

I have the same experience. Haven't actually gotten past login screen yet, but everything else was worked without errors.

If you get to the log in screen then theoretically it should work, that is the game.  You just aren't logged in yet.

There was an issue a few months ago where GameGuard would be blocked on Windows 7 computers which would cause the game not to load.  That issue has since been fixed and I don't believe I saw any Windows 7 related issues from the last CBT.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445

I played the closed beta 's fine with Win7.  I am having problems with the Launcher after upgrading to the OBT client however i dont think its due to Win7. 

Originally posted by tryklon

I've been playing Aion for the last Closed Betas without any sign of problems, on the contrary, i get better performance on windows 7 than on windows vista, so there is no reason to be different on the open beta.
    Aion works perfectly on windows 7

Thats because of the -1%-10% better framerate Win7 offers to every video games. There are a few that WinVista>Win7 on but not many. Directx11 is probably the reason. Although beta win7 I don't believe has it, i could be mistakened. Also, the requirements to run Win7 dropped from Vista's standard to about 500mb below... so about 1.5gb.

Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

Just to clear things up, there is an issue with gameguard and Windows 7 64bit, this came from 1.2 C-Aion, where no one can find a perminant fix hat works for everyone, but it comes down to gameguard. Windows 7 32bit works perfectly though, can't be sure that NA/EU release will work or not at the moment, but if you have windows 7 32bit you'll be fine, if not, wait for an update, or install a 32bit partition.

• angelkiller1angelkiller1 Member Posts: 3

Hmm...weird, I've been playing closed beta on Windows 7 64-bit the whole time, haven't had a single problem lol.

Originally posted by sbanting

Just to clear things up, there is an issue with gameguard and Windows 7 64bit, this came from 1.2 C-Aion, where no one can find a perminant fix hat works for everyone, but it comes down to gameguard. Windows 7 32bit works perfectly though, can't be sure that NA/EU release will work or not at the moment, but if you have windows 7 32bit you'll be fine, if not, wait for an update, or install a 32bit partition.

Well that draws a bigger issue. All retail versions of Win7 are 64bit with a 32bit compatibility mode. Because of that I find it strange 64bit has an issue. Also if Win7 64bit had an issue that's exactly similar then WinVista would as well. The client obviously works well in WinVista. Even though the two are separate beasts, the compatibility with specific applications didn't differ very much. Actually none at all. Win7 made more apps compatible. GameGuard still does have an issue that pops up, but nProtect GameGuard still works. Then Aion launches. 

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by MrPhire

Originally posted by sbanting

Well that draws a bigger issue. All retail versions of Win7 are 64bit with a 32bit compatibility mode. Because of that I find it strange 64bit has an issue. Also if Win7 64bit had an issue that's exactly similar then WinVista would as well. The client obviously works well in WinVista. Even though the two are separate beasts, the compatibility with specific applications didn't differ very much. Actually none at all. Win7 made more apps compatible. GameGuard still does have an issue that pops up, but nProtect GameGuard still works. Then Aion launches. 

At the beginning during NA CBT1-2 both win7 32bit and 64bit had problems but there was a manual work around for 64bit (an updated version of gameguard).

NA CBT3 added that update to the installer so 64bit worked but 32bit did not.

By the end of NA CBT I believe they had a fix in the installer for 32bit as well, but I'm not 100% sure of that as I have win7 64bit.

• 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

i still getting the gameguard error 114..I tried for countless hours to fix it during thier CB sessions, now i still get it so i wont be able to check it out =(, i think my buddy has his working. Might have to go over there., 

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• MetzaMetza Member Posts: 160

If anyone is having trouble with gameguard one of the community managers from TCOS posted a list of most of the common errors and usually solutions. 

I am running win 7 beta 64 bit version and with this posts help I fixed my gameguard to work for my OS, here is the link

http://phpbb.acclaim.com/spellborn/viewtopic.php?t=3589&sid=4e2a32c24fb9d7ac90b108ea375af3b7

hope that helps =)

Originally posted by Metza

If anyone is having trouble with gameguard one of the community managers from TCOS posted a list of most of the common errors and usually solutions. 
    I am running win 7 beta 64 bit version and with this posts help I fixed my gameguard to work for my OS, here is the link
    http://phpbb.acclaim.com/spellborn/viewtopic.php?t=3589&sid=4e2a32c24fb9d7ac90b108ea375af3b7

hope that helps =)

Yeah, you will have to look for it through that forum, cause the post doesn't lead to the right one. Pretty much what is recommended on all x64bit OS is that you delete Gamedamon.des or w.e it's called by nProtect inside the game and let it repatch itself. Or replace it with CrossFire's version of GameGuard which is the latest version. Doing so on a Vista machine will remove the autoloaded html link that you get everytime you open Aion. I still reguard this issue as a user by user issue and not a Win7 issue.

• MetzaMetza Member Posts: 160

thats wierd when i click on the link it goes right to the thread where it has a bunch of  gameguard errors and potential fixes, you have to scroll down just a little but its the same thread

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

win 7 x 64 x 2 machines worked right of the bat definately a case by case issue and not a all encompassing one.

• TylonTylon Member UncommonPosts: 51

It works with Windows 7 build 7100. I know it doesn't work on some other builds, due to GameGuard.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Tylon

It works with Windows 7 build 7100. I know it doesn't work on some other builds, due to GameGuard.

was supposedly a 7600 problem but mine where on 7600 and was fine which makes me believe its definately case by case the only thing I absolutely never have turned on is UAC so could relate to that.

UAC is the work of the devil.

• LordDevilLordDevil Member UncommonPosts: 253

Never had a single issue with my Windows 7 x64 (Final Build 7600) and Aion!

It works perfectly with Gameguard and Aion here :)

Currently playing: Archeage
    Waiting for: Black Desert

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Same, im using windows 7 64bit and gameguard hasnt give me a single problem

Yeah it's a case by case issue

• Eldonan85Eldonan85 Member Posts: 32

http://www.planettr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11080

I too had this problem with Windows 7 64, however I went to this link, which has a fix, and applied it, and now it works again after updating to client 1.5...

hope it helps