Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I could not stand it..it was killing me...confession...

13»

Comments

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by Fkinglinux

Originally posted by qotsa

Originally posted by Fkinglinux

Don't really see the need to be insulting to the OP :(, Although I'll admit I want this game to flop so hard Cryptic goes out of business and no other company will ever again attempt to put Item Malls and Pay2Play together ever again out of sheer terror.

Right because it's not fair people buy those game breaking action figures. Which do nothing but follow you around.

I don't understand the hostility because the guy like the game or he bought a second sub. in the end does it really matter to you trolls?

Cryptic has already stated there will be gameplay changing items from micro transactions, just because they aren't there on Day 1 doesn't mean they will never be. Also, I hope you aren't calling me a troll for defending the OP.

No sir. It's a separate paragraph.

As far as the item shop. None of the game changing stuff is exclusive to the store right? Thought that is what was said. Either way, I got the game I played in beta. Nothing was taken out of the game so they could put in the store. At least not from what I've seen. It was and still is fun to me. That's all that really matters to me. Someone I don't know buying something in a store isn't going to ruin my fun. It has no effect on how I level or have fun. I wasn't going to buy the game originally for the very same reasons as you.

• joeballsjoeballs Member UncommonPosts: 163

lol.. dude .

I still dont get how can people pay $200 for such a limited game but hey.. thats just me.. still.. will you be playing this in 2 years? Are you sure about that?

Even better.. will this game still be live in 2 years? hmmm..

You are aware that there are a lot of people in the world that have a lot of money to the point where money isn't even a factor with any purchasing decision?

I think some people just assume that money is tight for everyone. The truth is that it's not.

• triketrike Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Malakhon

Originally posted by abyss610

QTF and well said, hell the fact he has $500 to spend on a game all at once shows he's comfortable at the very least in his income. and losers without kids can spout thier nonsense all they want, when you have a common intrest/connection with your kids, we do everything we can to strengthen that. would be great if my duaghter was into mmos would be fun.

Well naturally, 200 bucks is not something I would say is chump change. I work for a living and recognize thats an investment.

However, when I look at the fact I tend to subscribe permanently to a game when I like it, 200 dollars seems like a steal.

I have Lifetime to LOTRO and I've been subbed to WOW and COH since launch.

As to getting your kids into MMOs, there are plusses and minuses to anything. The key is to stress "Hey, make sure you get other things done first"

I have to admit though with the CO launch, I could hardly think of anything else today. This game really seems 'special' in the same way I felt WOW was special on the first day of launch.

I'm curious if you still feel that way after all the nerfs rolled out on launch day.

I was in CO's alpha and beta, and I didn't find the game fun at all.  All of the earlier things which I *DID* like about it were either removed entirely (leveling up anywhere) or were changed to be more like CoH (travel power suppression).  Now it seems like the Devs have taken the last remaining fun thing out of the game -- that you could be somewhat superheroic in certain instances with specific builds -- and made it hard to do anything without a team for most builds.

When CoH's Issue 16 comes out, I'll be resubbing to that game, because I still feel its siren call, and CO's missteps and mistakes have made me appreciate CoH all the more.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by trike 
    I'm curious if you still feel that way after all the nerfs rolled out on launch day.
    I was in CO's alpha and beta, and I didn't find the game fun at all.  All of the earlier things which I *DID* like about it were either removed entirely (leveling up anywhere) or were changed to be more like CoH (travel power suppression).  Now it seems like the Devs have taken the last remaining fun thing out of the game -- that you could be somewhat superheroic in certain instances with specific builds -- and made it hard to do anything without a team for most builds.
    When CoH's Issue 16 comes out, I'll be resubbing to that game, because I still feel its siren call, and CO's missteps and mistakes have made me appreciate CoH all the more.

Exactly how I feel. I was also in CO alpha and beta and the game that went live is a hallow shell of what it could have been.

I'm not even sure how Cryptic can justify selling lifetime subscriptions. I mean there is not enough content in the game to last a month. I guess it was a money grab thing since Roper did the same thing with Hellgate.

My feeling is that STO is Cryptic's new baby and CO, which may have been their flagship game at one point, is now being used to fund STO.

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by heartless

Exactly how I feel. I was also in CO alpha and beta and the game that went live is a hallow shell of what it could have been.

I'm not even sure how Cryptic can justify selling lifetime subscriptions. I mean there is not enough content in the game to last a month. I guess it was a money grab thing since Roper did the same thing with Hellgate.

My feeling is that STO is Cryptic's new baby and CO, which may have been their flagship game at one point, is now being used to fund STO.

They are giving refunds on lifetime subs and 6-month subs if you call customer service. Hope that helps some if you feel like your lifetime subs didn't end up being worth it.

• Originally posted by heartless

They did the same thing to CoX. They milked the game with a minimum live staff (1/4th it's present staff) while they developed MUO/CO and then eventually sold it off to NCSoft (where it is presently in better hands).

• coldfreedomcoldfreedom Member Posts: 132

my niece told me not to drop 200 hundred cuz its not worth it... she said pay by little is better and in case quit fast dont have to waste for nothing.