Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MMO for two

turkwhipturkwhip Member Posts: 25

Before I get all those players that focus on the 'massive multiplayer' aspect of MMO's chiming in to tell me to go and find a non-MMO, let me just say that is NOT what I'm looking for. While it is true that I very rarely have a group larger than just me and my wife, never the less I like the persistent online aspect of MMO's. I like the banter, I like the trading with one another, I even sometimes like to join guilds... we just very rarely group up with others. So, even though I won't stop the die-hard 'multiplayers' from their criticism, I am asking the helpful majority for their advice.

Me and my wife are looking for an MMO.

There's a number of MMO's that me and my wife have played and enjoyed. We've played Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, Warhammer, Star Wars Galaxies, Tabula Rasa and Everquest 2. I've also played UO, Everquest, EVE, Guild Wars, Chronicles of Spellborn, Age of Conan and City of Heroes. Everquest 2 is the one we play now, but at level 40 we are finding SO many double up and triple up heroics in our way that it's starting to sour the game a bit. Other than limiting access to stuff now, it's not a bad fit for us. Are there any other suggestions out there that I may have over looked?

We are casual players (2-3 times a week with one longer session on the weekend) and like I say we aren't big 'groupers'. PvP is not really a focus for us, but we don't mind if there are elements of this. My experience so far with F2P has been rather disappointing, but I haven't tried much.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comments

• KenrithKenrith Member Posts: 11

Try ragnarok maybe. Its kinda of an old game but still fun even though its graphics are horrible. Just throwing it out there.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by turkwhip

Before I get all those players that focus on the 'massive multiplayer' aspect of MMO's chiming in to tell me to go and find a non-MMO, let me just say that is NOT what I'm looking for. While it is true that I very rarely have a group larger than just me and my wife, never the less I like the persistent online aspect of MMO's. I like the banter, I like the trading with one another, I even sometimes like to join guilds... we just very rarely group up with others. So, even though I won't stop the die-hard 'multiplayers' from their criticism, I am asking the helpful majority for their advice.
    Me and my wife are looking for an MMO.
    There's a number of MMO's that me and my wife have played and enjoyed. We've played Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, Warhammer, Star Wars Galaxies, Tabula Rasa and Everquest 2. I've also played UO, Everquest, EVE, Guild Wars, Chronicles of Spellborn, Age of Conan and City of Heroes. Everquest 2 is the one we play now, but at level 40 we are finding SO many double up and triple up heroics in our way that it's starting to sour the game a bit. Other than limiting access to stuff now, it's not a bad fit for us. Are there any other suggestions out there that I may have over looked?
    We are casual players (2-3 times a week with one longer session on the weekend) and like I say we aren't big 'groupers'. PvP is not really a focus for us, but we don't mind if there are elements of this. My experience so far with F2P has been rather disappointing, but I haven't tried much.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Sounds like you've played just about every mainstream game there is.  You will probably have to wait to see what comes out this fall/winter if you don't like Aion.  Right now Aion is the one mainstream WoW / Lotro players are gravitating toward. If you are looking for something completely different and are willing to take your chance on an indy MMO, then Fallen Earth is about to release.  If you are looking for an indy sandbox game, Mortal Online comes out soon, and has a lot of the same type of open world sandbox features we had in the old days of  Star Wars Galaxies. These aren't AAA titles though, so I imagine they will require patience in the beginning.

Other than that, I don't know.  There are a few games coming down the line for 2010, but probably not until winter. I'm keeping an eye out for The Secret World and of course Earthrise. Guild Wars 2 will be awesome, I am sure, but that could be 2011 for all we know.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• turkwhipturkwhip Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

Sounds like you've played just about every mainstream game there is.  You will probably have to wait to see what comes out this fall/winter if you don't like Aion.  Right now Aion is the one mainstream WoW / Lotro players are gravitating toward. If you are looking for something completely different and are willing to take your chance on an indy MMO, then Fallen Earth is about to release.  If you are looking for an indy sandbox game, Mortal Online comes out soon, and has a lot of the same type of open world sandbox features we had in the old days of  Star Wars Galaxies. These aren't AAA titles though, so I imagine they will require patience in the beginning.
    Other than that, I don't know.  There are a few games coming down the line for 2010, but probably not until winter. I'm keeping an eye out for The Secret World and of course Earthrise. Guild Wars 2 will be awesome, I am sure, but that could be 2011 for all we know.

Thanks for the thoughts. Not sure about it, but I wonder if Star Wars: KOTOR might be a bit more two player friendly? Hope so cause it does look good.