Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fileplanet FFFUUUUUU!

PaincakePaincake Member Posts: 139

With the download speed of Fileplanet for AION Open Beta. I won't be finished untill my beard has grown tall enough to use as a climbing ladder. I paid a subscription for maximum download speed, and it still screws me over. When I pause the download and start it again, it goes to maximum speed at 700 kb/sec approximately for about 5 sec before it decreases to 1-20 kb'sec again.

Has Fileplanet always been this incompetent? I could've sworn It used to be fine, even without having to pay for it. Now I pay, and its even worse. I get faster download speed from free download services such as gamershell. I can't believe this....

Comments

• MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99

They servers are prolly being pummled by people trying to do the same thing as you. So naturally they might be being overloaded. Or its possible alot of people are abusing the system. Ill bet on overload.

• I downloaded a few KB short of my maximum DL rate from start to end, dunno why you're having issues. Non-subscriber btw.

• CalgarGTXCalgarGTX Member Posts: 27

Try using the torrent , theres like 2k seeds and 20k leechers so its pretty damn fast

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328

There's a lot of variables in the wonderful world of computer networking.  Maybe your ISP is having a bad day?  Or maybe Fileplanet is having a bad day?  Or maybe your located in an area that doesn't agree with the FP servers?  Or any number of various issues.

Just don't get upset about slow download speeds and cancel the download, because you'll never get it downloaded if you keep cancelling it.

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

• MrPhireMrPhire Member Posts: 212

I did it free and it took 5 hours. It's standard when you only get 300kb. I started it up, turned my monitor off, and went to dinner, went shopping, hung out with some friends, and came back. Wahla complete. The OB hasn't started yet so just chill let it run and you'll be fine. I'm just worried about NCsoft's patches... Their whole launcher downloads soooo slow.

Playing: Guild Wars and Exteel
    Loved: WoW, Guild Wars, FFXI, and Lineage 2
    Liked: Exteel, WAR, and Lineage 1
    Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.
    Waiting For: Aion, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and SW:TOR

• soufigosoufigo Member Posts: 20

dude, im using subbed fileplanet. yes it does drop to 20 kbps sometimes. but when u leave ur rig overnight. you'll find that it will be completed the next day. mine was done in like 8hrs. it fluctuates, im inclined to think that ur speed will be better if u leave ur comp on idle. and not  hogging on the forums complaining omg FP is so effing slow even when i pay.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Well I don't know what to say... I use comcast which isn't the greatest at times and off the west coast host... I was pretty much at my max download start to finish.

I've never had issues with speed off file planet tho I do see posts like this quite often...

• techcliquetechclique Member UncommonPosts: 17

I did the free version at work and got 3.4Mb/s so I think maybe your ISP might have been having trouble or something else was up.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783

I am a sub with fileplanet, I downloaded the entire 9 gig in a little over 1 1/2 hours. Dont know what to say, I rarely have problems out of them. Sure it might drop down some but rarely does it ever drop down to below half of what I started with.

• BravnikBravnik Member UncommonPosts: 158

Same Doom. I was downloading the OB at 3mbs. Finished in like an hour. Maybe you guys need to talk to your service providers who are probably throttling DL speeds.

I use Comcast BTW.

• FiredornFiredorn Member UncommonPosts: 93

Fileplanet was nice to me today.  Hovered all the way to 100% at an avg of about 800k/s.  Probably just a local issue, sadly :(.  As a previous poster said, try the torrent.  Good luck!

• devilzwingsdevilzwings Member Posts: 8

Bah guys, don't bother replying to his thread. He is just an attention whore. He made the exact same post on aionsource (same thread title and same message) and got the same answers there too XD

• PaincakePaincake Member Posts: 139

It might be my location, as I live in EU, Netherlands. I get 700 kb's normally, how it can be my provider when everything else works fine?

The thing is, I remember how I downloaded things for free in the past, and the speed was incredible. Even without membership payment.

I will leave my pc on for the 2 nights. But still, when the promised maximum download speed isn't provided I feel screwed up.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

I`m in Netherlands atm too (Chello cable)

I never used FP but I DLed the client 2 times with Torrent and the NC launcher.

Torrent was going between 10-80 kb/s :/ (took couple of days of DLing)

NC launcher was going 20-60 day time and 100-200 at night, at times 700+ though.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

I find Fileplanet shite too. For the Aion OB client I am getting estimates of about 24 hours for the download.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by Terminus-Est

I find Fileplanet shite too. For the Aion OB client I am getting estimates of about 24 hours for the download.

Use the torrent

The torrent is now estimating 4 weeks to download.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by Terminus-Est

The torrent is now estimating 4 weeks to download.

How long has it been running?  Mine ended up taking about 8 hours and doesn't break your d/l like the FP downloader.

It has been running about a day now. The ports are open, seem to be plenty of seeds, but slow as treacle. I don't normally have problems and usually get about 300KB/s but woth this torrent I am getting < 1KB/s.

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Rylon

I downloaded a few KB short of my maximum DL rate from start to end, dunno why you're having issues. Non-subscriber btw.

This was my experience as well. Could be bad timing.

It is possibly just a demand thing. Now that it is getting late, my fileplanet download has gone up to 450KB/s without me doing anything. Perhaps FP were just a bit overloaded.

• Ya i expected a lot more speed than i received from fileplanet, but i'll get over it. What really pissed me off was their "misinformation" crap about the beta keys for EU citizens. Crafty B****rds...

• mango99mango99 Member Posts: 25

I had the same problem with FP in the past...i used to DL at around 900 - 1.1 with comcast and then one day it went to 200-300 and stayed there. I blamed FP and even wrote them on multiple occassions that they had a problem and i wasn't going to pay for the service anymore.

About 6 months ago i got tired of paying out the nose for comcast and switched to Verizon Fios....let me tell you it wasn't FP having the problem..soon as i tried to DL from FP with Fios i was getting 1.9 speeds (20 DL and 7 upload was the package i got).....i consistantly still get 1.2 - 1.9 now depending on how popular the file is on FP.

BTW i was supposed to be getting 12 DL from comcast...but what they don't tell you is as soon as your local node (thats the thing in your area that connects you to comcast which you share with others) fills up your speeds drop dramatically.

• PaincakePaincake Member Posts: 139

Download speed seems to have stabled again now thats its late.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

fileplanet sub here too.. and it was pretty fast to downloade the 3 Gbs..

Just relax leave it downloading overnight.. go to sleep and voilá, all done when you wake up :)

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR