Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sad_10_Day_welcome_Back_event

Got an WAR email a couple of days ago inviting me to reactivate my account and retry WAR.

Well.. after 1 full night and most of the next day downloading 12 GB at a 20th century connection speed [ total unacceptable by todays standards ] i finally got to play the game.

First thing i found wierd was the disapearance of several servers, including the Roleplaying ones. The roleplaying servers at the time i left at least, were quite active and had a strong growing comunity, with some renown guilds in them. What happened to make them useless to the point of merging them with core ones?

Second thing was.. in a consequence to the forced server transactions, most of my chars were lost, giving me a special taste of the GOA WAR welcomeback defenition. Is it hard to understand that if 2 chars have the same name, the one with the higest level should be the one kept instead of a level 1 one? It just seems logical.

Thrid thing.. i though.. "at least i can still make a knight toon", a class that didnt exist by the time i quit, so there i went making one, only to get frustrated due to lag, bad servers, and server reseting once in a while.. that sure didnt change much.

The join scenario bug/server disconnection still exist after all this time.. didnt they had time enough to sort this crap? Everyone still plays the same old scenario over and over again, maybe because the open rvr is still meaningless?

Why does Mythic continue to support GOA as an Europe game provider when Goa is clearly not capable of providing a decent quality service? Why do they invite people back into their game for a trial when they cannot even provide decen download speeds for their clients? Does Mythic really want this game to survive or are they forcing it to die asap to cut down maintenance costs?

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR

Comments

• fuzzi1983fuzzi1983 Member UncommonPosts: 142

Good lord I am so happy I live in the states. I have not expereinced one of your problems. That really sucks man :(

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

Well Mythic hasn't been the brightest crayon in the box, with dealing with this game. Though dealing with Mythic directly with themself's in the states... is not a cake walk either.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by fuzzi1983

Good lord I am so happy I live in the states. I have not expereinced one of your problems. That really sucks man :(

Not one ...

• rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235

I did same tried playing on Eltharion but it was laggy choppy and dcs were frequent in my 4 hours there. I uninstalled the game after that.

• HexcaliberHexcaliber Member UncommonPosts: 171

Having the week off, I decided to try out the 10-day welcome back offer today, and have not experienced any connection problems on what was listed as the busiest euro server. I have nothing but praise for the stability this time out, not so much as a single disconnect or crash in nearly 8 hours, so much so, I am considering reactivating. There was a little lag in Altdorf but the city was extremely busy with other players returning for a look-see.

Using the join all option for scenarios there was a fairly even spread, with no one scenario seeming to be chosen more than others, although I did not try any of the t3 t4 scenarios, as I was having a blast with the two new order classes. Nor did I lose any chars, those characters from different servers with the same name were renamed, adding a couple of x’s at the end of those that were moved over (could you of had, too many chars for the available number of per server slots post merge?). Final note, I downloaded the client from scratch too, and pulled it down at a steady 700k or there a bouts which is close to my cap.

I am not looking to shoot your post down op, but my experiences are completely the opposite of yours playing from the UK, perhaps there was a problem with your connection.

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

QQ, I'b been playing since day one, I haven't experiencd any of this on the euroservers. GOA is actually doing a good job this time...not like the crap they did with DAoC.

• syztecsyztec Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Ogrelin

QQ, I'b been playing since day one, I haven't experiencd any of this on the euroservers. GOA is actually doing a good job this time...not like the crap they did with DAoC.

I actually have to agree with this GOA have greatly improved imo. I know how bad GOA used to be, I played DAOC right at the start when GOA didn't have a clue.

Overall despite this game getting the Failhammer title, GOA was just about one of the things that impressed me with their service.  I know other players won't share this opinion but I was happy with their service.

I've also played in both US and EU  versions and I did notice the bulk of many problems was down to shady programming on mythic's part so it effected both sides of the atlantic.

• AranStormahAranStormah Member Posts: 278

I did what I always do when GOA sends me those damn propaganda flyers. I reply telling them to go frak themselves. Sure, none reads it, but it makes me feel good.

I'd get the US version if I was coming back, but WAR is not a game I'm buying twice. It'd have to get some serious content improvements for that.

• carlpuccinocarlpuccino Member UncommonPosts: 43

I dont know why people said that war pve is only grinding... you didnt play game like lineage (or any other eastern mmo) or wow. These game are real boring grind pve, not war.

Stop complaining and move your ass.

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by carlpuccino

I dont know why people said that war pve is only grinding... you didnt play game like lineage (or any other eastern mmo) or wow. These game are real boring grind pve, not war.

Wars pve sucks so much arse it's beyond boreing, just what do you think your doing in PQ's it's normally kill 100 normal mobs then kill 10 or so elites then the lord rinse and repeat if that isn't grinding I don't know what is.

Originally posted by Newhopes

Wars pve sucks so much arse it's beyond boreing, just what do you think your doing in PQ's it's normally kill 100 normal mobs then kill 10 or so elites then the lord rinse and repeat if that isn't grinding I don't know what is.

Many PQ offer more than just killing monster, you just not get the point. And even when you have 100 monster to kill, it goes fast with 4 good player.

And like i said, you didnt play eastern mmo and wow to know what is a real grind experience.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Newhopes

Grinding is killing the exact same mob over and over. PQs give a variety of things to do in different stages. Some are just different kill grinds, but there also PQs that have you guard people/places, burn boats/tents, collect certain objects. There are grinds, but far more varied than killing the same mobs thousands of times. Some are better than others, and the good ones are like little live events.

The shared (competitive) PQs are a lot of fun on open servers.

This game has some serious flaws, but PQs are a bright spot.

My big gripes about the PvE are the horrible NPC AI and pathing, and the feeble dungeon content.

The dungeons in this game are beyond pathetic (I haven't tried the LOTD stuff - THANK YOU WARD SYSTEM!). The player-created dungeons in Neverwinter Nights were vastly superior to the stuff in this game. Just sad. It's not just hyperbole for me to say that "I could do better", because in NWN, I did design better dungeons.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

That's like saying getting jabbed in the side with a pointy stick is less painful than getting jabbed in the eye.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

That's like saying getting jabbed in the side with a pointy stick is less painful than getting jabbed in the eye.

Lol i like it ! I can imagine the scene

I dont feel it this way but if you dont find any fun in questing or PQ, it's okay.

At leats your not gonna steal my precious loot at the end of the PQ. ;-)

I dont feel it this way but if you dont find any fun in questing or PQ, it's okay.

Ah, read my post before that one, Dude. I LIKE the PQs.

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Ah, read my post before that one, Dude. I LIKE the PQs.

Sorry... Good to know that someone appreciate one good point of the game.

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by EduardoASG

Got an WAR email a couple of days ago inviting me to reactivate my account and retry WAR.
    Well.. after 1 full night and most of the next day downloading 12 GB at a 20th century connection speed [ total unacceptable by todays standards ] i finally got to play the game.

This made me laugh abit, because I recently received a scroll of resurrection from a friend to play WoW again, with my 20th century connection it took almost 12 hours to download install and patch, so whats your point your making? 

Does WoW fail too then?

Enjoy : )

Originally posted by Gregtheexcon

This made me laugh abit, because I recently received a scroll of resurrection from a friend to play WoW again, with my 20th century connection it took almost 12 hours to download install and patch, so whats your point your making? 

Does WoW fail too then?

It more like people try to bitch war every way they can.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by Gregtheexcon

Does WoW fail too then?

20th century = 1900s? Really? This is the 21st century. Sounds like he tried to use a 56k modem.