Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: How Developers Handle Beta Feedback

2»

Comments

• SpyridonZSpyridonZ Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Aganazer

Originally posted by MacScarfe

All this hate for Mr Roper (all over these forums) et al reminds me of an old joke.
    Tourist walks into a Welsh pub and begins to get to know some of the locals, eventually he's accepted and introduced to everyone.
    "This is Jones the Smith, this is Jones the Barrel Maker, this is Jones the Undertaker, this is Jones the ......" says the landlord.
    "Alright, alright"; interupts the man being introduced; "For the love of god, i mean it's so unfair. I've built a hospital! But do they call me Jones the hospital builder? NOOOOO. I've built 10 schools, but do they call me Jones the educator? NOOOOOO i've built over 1000 houses but do they call me Jones the builder???? NOOOOOO"
    "But you shag one goat ....."

LOL! That's hilarious. I do feel bad for him sometimes. How would YOU like to be reminded of the biggest mistake you ever made every time you go outside?

I honestly don't know what he did that was so bad in the first place. I really LIKED HGL and played it often. I got hundreds of hours of play time out of it and got to spend time with my friends and family the whole time. Its a game that I still wish I could revisit from time to time.

He did to HGL what Godager (or whatever his name was) did to AoC - overhyped it, made promises of things hitting release up until the day it came out that were false, and continued his spin on things until Flagship went down.

They consistently were giving info about the big new patch, which was supposed to add huge new gameplay areas, loads of content, and finally the PvP systems, he continued to release news reports about "test server for a couple more weeks then it hits live servers", then out of nowhere, we see on OTHER WEBSITES that Flagship went out of business. The mods were not even allowed to confirm if it was true or false, and people who were suckered in to subscriptions were paying for nothing. If they did not reguarly check the forums they had no idea what was going on - and the majority of new content in the patches were supposed to be subscription only.

He said there was loads of content they have been holding back in a "huge patch" that was going to hit before retail, which never even happened.

They never even released the final patch publically before shutting down, not even the test server version, for players to at least enjoy on their single player version of the game.

Not to mention they milked the lifetime subs which did not even last a year. Those people were straight up robbed.

It's a shame too. I enjoyed the game. It had a fun basis. Basic classes that could have been great with some tweaking. Very good basis for an equip system assuming they added more variety. Alot of potential for some great PvP. Really could have been the next Diablo. But in the end, it ended up making many of its customers feel lied to and robbed.