Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam and Aion

XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

Hey, I recently bought the Collector's edition off steam! I am an European, but when I launched this game it says on the launcher "Aion (North America)" Does this mean that steam sold me the wrong version ? :( 

Comments

• SpeiberbobSpeiberbob Member Posts: 233

You need to download the european version with the nc Launcher , which you should have installed by then.

Yes it`s anoying you need to downlad it again.

An dont mind the kids here ;)

AC2,AO,D&L,Lotro,VsoH,SWG,Uo,HGL,Drunners,CoH,GW,Potbs,PWI
    Eq2,Dofus,WoW,WWIIO,Ryzom,Planetside,EvE,TR,DDO,RFonline,FOM,VC,..etc blabla
    also hobbies....staring at loadingbars

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

You don't need to download again anything. All you need to do is to have the correct region displayed in the options. Both EU and NA share the (NA) version. The distinction is made through the options and of course your account.

• Perfection66Perfection66 Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by Xtromass

Hey, I recently bought the Collector's edition off steam! I am an European, but when I launched this game it says on the launcher "Aion (North America)" Does this mean that steam sold me the wrong version ? :( 

just change the version in launcher to euro, their both the same client

Aion v3 "RELOADED" - A glimpse into the future of the MMO genre

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

open the launcher and click on " File-->Settings -->Advanced"-->then region to Europe,then you are all set to play on the 6th mate :)

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

The settings say Europe, but the launcher still says North America. Is this normal ? :) 

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

Yep that is normal,you are all set :)

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

I'm not sure if you already knew this, but the game client you download off of Steam is not the 1.5 version required for open beta.  You will still need to download and apply the patch.

• XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by raykor

I'm not sure if you already knew this, but the game client you download off of Steam is not the 1.5 version required for open beta.  You will still need to download and apply the patch.

Yea, but when I downloaded it off the steam I got the NCsoft launcher, so I guess it is correct afterall?

Ty all for your help

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427

The version before 1.5 had the NCSoft launcher too, so, you may still need to update it.

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Yes, it just downloads and updates the game for patch 1.5 afterwards.

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

This is great if the region can be changed with the same client.  I may have to drop in on my overseas brothers and show them how a real yank handles himself.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat