Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do I get this feeling...

2»

Comments

• shrapnel20shrapnel20 Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by Einstein-DF

Oh really?

Do you mind telling me how MO will pursue PVP based around PVE and crafting?

i'll answer that one for him. did you ever read that old quest example the mortal devs posted? it's a nice blend of pve, pvp, and crafting.

· There’s an ancient, sealed gate hidden in the mountainside.

· Around the world there are bits and pieces of history to be found, like books, poems, lyrics etc. One might tell about a "powerful soul" sealed inside a cave, and that the seal will eventually break if a certain ritual isn’t performed again soon. One might give a wayfarer directions to a mysterious door of unknown origin in the mountains. One might prophesize about the "Essence-Shaper", a powerful soul that will return to the surface of the world.

· There are secret skills (spell rituals) to be found that can open, or seal, such ancient doors.

· There are secret skills (crafting) to be found that can produce weapons to aid in slaying the Essence-Shaper.

· There are secret items to be found that might give the wielders the power to control the Essence-Shaper.

· Religions in the game may be affected by the state of certain power-nodes. For instance one religions power might be +-0 as long as the Essence-Shaper is alive, -1 if the Essence-Shaper is dead, or +1 if the Essence-Shaper is released into the world.

· Any player or group controlling the Essence-Shaper would benefit greatly from it.

· Any player or group slaying the Essence-Shaper would be greatly affected by it.

Monsters or other beings involved in epic quests can be played by GMs.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

I am glad to hear that they are adressing macroing, that pretty much destroyed any real skill to the pvp in DF.

I just hope MO has an open pvp system that has a certain level of consequence for attacking random people in order to prevent a total cluster **** with no sense or reason, making pvp pointless and unsatisfying. Lazer towers are not enough, towns need guards who are tough, ranged, will give chase and have mechanics that prevent abuse (i.e. 1 guy pulling the entire city guard and training them away to let attackers get in incredibly easily).

And please for the love of god don't let people massively exploit mobs on day 1 and do NOTHING about it.