Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No guild on my server able to run guild raid (surprise)

I was real surprise that no guild on my server Crom (EU server) is able to run guild raid regularly because all guilds are so small and the raid required 24 man.

I have asked a few people but nobody able to name the guild name doing guild raid regularly. 

When I played LOTRO, every guild nearly do the guild raid regularly if the guild is not able to run guild raid, they will looking for another guild to run the raid. There is no spirit in AOC. 

I think this is because there is no guild system in game. In addition, there is no looking for group channel, from level 1 up to lv80 all use one channel looking for group, plus people chatting on the same channel. Furthermore, I found the community is really poor, I also believe it is not just on my server because the game lack of guild system so it will happened to other server as well. 

Besides, there are many rude and unexperienced players due to PUG from lv 5 up to lv80 is everyone's only choice. 

Comments

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

I call bullshit and trolling thread.

I play on Crom and my guild has had to expand it's rading calendar and close recruiting for a while due to too many players. We currently raid every day apart from Saturday. And my guild is far from the largest and we are all casual. I estimate some 250 active players and 800 members.

On the weekends I set off for gaming I see raid announcements for T1 pop up constantly from noon till midnight and W1/2 maybe once or twice. You usually see T1, and occationally T2, announcements in global on weekdays too. I just did a T1 raid because my main was locked in W1 and my guild was doing alt W1..

Depending on what you want, a national/regional guild or an international one, you probably have some 10-15 major in each category. Crom's players are mostly pretty friendly and helpful in my experience, and a far cry from what I encountered during the first month after release when I played on a US PvP server.

As for the comparison to LOTRO.. Before 50 in LOTRO *crickets* *crickets*

Not to say LOTRO is not a great game, I loved my stay there :)

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Did you even try the official EU forums for your server?

Wow there is a lot of raiding guilds looking for more...

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269

Honestly I don't know why you play the game if you hate it that much. I would have left a long time ago if I felt the way you do about this game, but that's just me.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865
    Originally posted by Aercus

I play on Crom and my guild has had to expand it's rading calendar and close recruiting for a while due to too many players. We currently raid every day apart from Saturday. And my guild is far from the largest and we are all casual. I estimate some 250 active players and 800 members.
    On the weekends I set off for gaming I see raid announcements for T1 pop up constantly from noon till midnight and W1/2 maybe once or twice. You usually see T1, and occationally T2, announcements in global on weekdays too. I just did a T1 raid because my main was locked in W1 and my guild was doing alt W1..
    Depending on what you want, a national/regional guild or an international one, you probably have some 10-15 major in each category. Crom's players are mostly pretty friendly and helpful in my experience, and a far cry from what I encountered during the first month after release when I played on a US PvP server.

Is your legendary guild got a name? Let it be known.

BTW, every guild is recruiting but none of them able to do a pure guild raid. Name it.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by eureka105

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Honestly I don't know why you play the game if you hate it that much. I would have left a long time ago if I felt the wayyou do about this game, but that's just me.

Many players have stayed because they are desperately waiting for that "magic patch". Unfortunately they are slowly finding out that it's never coming. This is why so many guilds quit the game last week.

Proof? Or are you going to make another alt account saying your guild left for Aion?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• MokweeMokwee Member Posts: 286
    Originally posted by Aercus

I love how all the aoc fanbois say stuff like this but.....

Can we get a guild name please?

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Say what?    http://aoc.yg.com/guilds?srv=9

Seems like Crom has a good amount of decent size guilds Larry, you did a guild search for some of these names?

• SkellanSkellan Member Posts: 12

Can pretty much put this thread to bed with one link:

forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

Any of the guilds shown in the previous post raid weekly, there are even PUG raids going on daily if you look in Global chat.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Larry2298

I was real surprise that no guild on my server Crom (EU server) is able to run guild raid regularly because all guilds are so small and the raid required 24 man.

I have asked a few people but nobody able to name the guild name doing guild raid regularly. 

When I played LOTRO, every guild nearly do the guild raid regularly if the guild is not able to run guild raid, they will looking for another guild to run the raid. There is no spirit in AOC. 
    I think this is because there is no guild system in game. In addition, there is no looking for group channel, from level 1 up to lv80 all use one channel looking for group, plus people chatting on the same channel. Furthermore, I found the community is really poor, I also believe it is not just on my server because the game lack of guild system so it will happened to other server as well. 
     Besides, there are many rude and unexperienced players due to PUG from lv 5 up to lv80 is everyone's only choice. 

I play on Wiccana, I know, not an EU server, but my guild runs raids REG-YOU_LARRY-LEE...

Game is dead....we KNOW...beat that dead horse over there please...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• S1GNALS1GNAL Member Posts: 366
    Originally posted by eureka105

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Honestly I don't know why you play the game if you hate it that much. I would have left a long time ago if I felt the wayyou do about this game, but that's just me.

Many players have stayed because they are desperately waiting for that "magic patch". Unfortunately they are slowly finding out that it's never coming. This is why so many guilds quit the game last week.

Poor people. Milked to the extreme by Funcom. I knew this back in beta. Oo, its a reason why Funcom likes to hype their game so much, because people keep opening their wallets and live in hope. Reality is not something most people want to face and see. If you do not want the truth more than you want to feel good, you are up for a long life in pain. Truth hurts only when you know truth with your mind and not with your heart.

/peace

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Im sad for those people who only now start to realise the crap they got into.. all this time beeing cheated and lyied to by FailCom..

I saw the ligth after 2 months.. and even i was late :)

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • Blackwell99Blackwell99 Member Posts: 352
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

YG is Bullshit.

Its a collection of alts and ex players.

Here's a current post from the US side....and im sure it wouldn't take me long to find one on the EU side just like this.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=204286

desperate much? YG-lol

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by Skellan

Can pretty much put this thread to bed with one link:
    forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php
    Any of the guilds shown in the previous post raid weekly, there are even PUG raids going on daily if you look in Global chat.

That's not how it works here. hard facts don't kill a troll anymore.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Blackwell99

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

YG is Bullshit.

Its a collection of alts and ex players.

Here's a current post from the US side....and im sure it wouldn't take me long to find one on the EU side just like this.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=204286

desperate much? YG-lol

Seems like your desperate and don't understand, you can click on the guild for up to date true amount of players without Alt's...

Seems like folks like yourself, just can't handle the fact that Crom has an active raid structure where there are more than enough guilds to run raids to chose from. Sure this is not the same for any server. But I think the evidence presented in this thread calls for fail on any comeback for Crom.

I can see how the proof is detrimental to your cause, but in this case I really don't care if you can't deal with it or not. It is your issue from the outside looking in for a game you care to spend all your time looking at.. lol

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

Crom is such a healthy server that you can pug a 24man raid even in the morning. Everyone (except you ofc) knows that most of the players doing pugs are alts. Even my guild, "Greek warriors" with players from a small country like Greece is doing guild runs with the main chars and pugs with the alts.

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• harold.iharold.i Member Posts: 2

Not quite clear on where you get your ideas. Frankly - am mostly a Blackscar player and only partly a Crom player - but still, if you are making claims at least check your facts first.

On Crom, the hardcore raiding guilds, which are probably some of the smallest on the server, are all in-guild raids. Affinity, Destiny, Immortals, Element Zero, Circle of Eternity, Sanctuary (don't know how much Tainted Souls are active now that quite a few of them moved over to Sanctuary), Solidline, Unforgiven all these raid in-guild all the time. They also have alt/PUG raids. The other guilds sometimes have just inhouse raids and sometimes guild raids + some PUGs. Been on a Sanctuary led PUG raid, Affinity led PUG raid, and raids with LFS and others. I probably missed quite a few there, but although I raid about 5-6 times a week on Crom (2 raids a day on Saturdays and Tuesdays) you can barely see all the raids. Not even counting the pure PUG raids which go off all the time. Yesterday in wing2, which is not exactly the easiest of raids, I counted 4 guild raids at the same time (the gate to BRC was so crowded I could barely pass through) as well as several PUGs.

Obviously, you occasionally get stuck without some raider showing up and need to fill a particular spot. On the other hand its far more common that you have to tell guild people they can't come because the raid is full.

On Blackscar there are NO PUG raids. All are guild raids. Daisi's, Valor and JE all form their own raids. Don't know about others, but I know the HoT people have also recently started raiding with just their own people. DD has the most - about 3-4 per week. Recently thoughts have crept up on setting up 2 raids because people got upset at having the raid filled up before they logged in and not having a place. Must add Blackscar is a sparsely populated server compared to Crom - yet raiding is alive and well.

The game may be buggy, FC may have zero sensitivity to customer wants, and I know next to nothing about how the PvP is going, but raiding on the PvE servers is just fine, thank you.

Got 7 lvl80 raiding chars on 2 servers, and atm it's a real hassle just keeping track of who has been raiding where. There has NEVER been a problem finding a raid for any of them.

• SolldaraSolldara Member Posts: 10

I just hope that no-one actually believes the rubbish in the OP.  For anyone to post something as so called fact when they obviously have no knowledge of the server, and have made no effort to find out which guilds do what can only be trolling - for anyone to do that without an ulterior motive would just show rank stupidity.

I raid 3 - 4 times a week every week in our guild raids (with the exception of perhaps 2 or 3 weeks since Oct 08 when I only did 2 raids because of holidays.)

Personally I don't do PuG raids but as a previous poster mentioned - most members use the PuGs for their alts after they have locked their mains on the guild raids - even doing an extra full T1 and Wing 1 run for alts  as we did in the winter, only uses 1 alt so for those with several pug raids are a fun way to spend the evening.

I'm with Order of Awakening btw incase you are worried that my guild doesn't exist either.

Below are some of the high flyers raiding wise but there are loads of others having fun raiding week in week out as Crom has probably got one of the if not the most active comunity raiding wise.

Destiny

Element Zero

Circle of Eternity

The Immortals

Affinity

Tainted Souls

The Unforgiven

Solidline

Northern Legion

Band of Brothers

Critical Mass

Sanctuary

Inner Sanctum

CRO Guild

So if the OP is a troll please keep it - as the facts show what a troll it is.

If it was not meant as a troll and you were actually misinformed please edit your post to show the actual situation not some complete fantasy.

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

This thread has gone out of control.

/closed 

This discussion has been closed.