Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Vanguard on steroids :(

GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694

After seeing the gameplay videos, I can say, honestly, as a human being, honestly expressing myself, not lying to oneself, I will not play this game.

I'm not going to judge the game, but It's not for me.

Atleast I can still respect Square-Enix for releasing new titles such as Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden

Comments

• HavenAE2035HavenAE2035 Member Posts: 50

I honestly dont understand the sbuject line.  We've only so far seen a few tidbits of gameplay and to be honest, as a human being, not lying to myself I truely cannot see how you draw the conslusion that FFXIV = Vanguard on Steriods.

In fact everything I've seen so far remind me absolutely nothing of Vanguard, WoW, Aion, Everquest 2, ect.. 

I mean you're entitled to your opinion, dont get me wrong and I'm guessing you've made it, although a bit prematurely I think, but you can't really judge a game based on early development videos and screen shots of gameplay.  To be quite honest no one really has much of a clue what FFXIV will be like except for those developing it.  We DO get small bits of info here and there but mostly we all are drawing our own conclusions at this point.  At this point EVERYTHING is speculation.

But Vanguard?  How in the fuck?

Vanguard has classes, Vanguard has EXP and levels, Vanguard has a plethora of races, Vanguard is pure crap.

FFXIV will have no definate classes, FFXIV won't have EXP and levels as we have seen them, FFXIV has like 5 races...

FFXIV will more likely resemble FFXI than any other game and FFXI is far from crap, it's just older.

Don't like the game from what little you've seen? That's okay you're entitled to your nearsighted opinion.  But don't go trashing it calling it a clone of something it has so far showed to be nothing like.

-Later

• AlbosAlbos Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by NeverLand7

After seeing the gameplay videos, I can say, honestly, as a human being, honestly expressing myself, not lying to oneself, I will not play this game.

Atleast I can still respect Square-Enix for releasing new titles such as Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden

Please recomend me the drugs you're using... you got to be very very high to start a thread like this, and you have to be blind too. Also thank god you'll not play we don't need any losers in our perfect fanatasy world.

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

You're entitled to your opinion (that's not to say others won't disagree), but would you care to share some SPECIFIC reasons why you believe what you believe?  What exactly did you see in the gameplay videos that you find comparable to Vanguard?  What has made you decide not to play the game?

The only gameplay videos I've seen are very limited...  essentially, novice (and not so novice) players killing Doodoo's at gamecon.  I think most of the players were learning the controls on the fly, so the videos are not exactly action pack.  If that is what you're basing your complaint on, give the game a chance.  I would never judge a game based on gameplay videos of total n00b's playing it.

However, if you have other vid's and are willing to explain what you find objectionable, I'm all ears.  Remember, though.... giving SPECIFIC examples and reasons is a lot better than random conclusions that lack any support.

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by HavenAE2035

I honestly dont understand the sbuject line.  We've only so far seen a few tidbits of gameplay and to be honest, as a human being, not lying to myself I truely cannot see how you draw the conslusion that FFXIV = Vanguard on Steriods.

In fact everything I've seen so far remind me absolutely nothing of Vanguard, WoW, Aion, Everquest 2, ect.. 

I mean you're entitled to your opinion, dont get me wrong and I'm guessing you've made it, although a bit prematurely I think, but you can't really judge a game based on early development videos and screen shots of gameplay.  To be quite honest no one really has much of a clue what FFXIV will be like except for those developing it.  We DO get small bits of info here and there but mostly we all are drawing our own conclusions at this point.  At this point EVERYTHING is speculation.

But Vanguard?  How in the fuck?
    Vanguard has classes, Vanguard has EXP and levels, Vanguard has a plethora of races, Vanguard is pure crap.
    FFXIV will have no definate classes, FFXIV won't have EXP and levels as we have seen them, FFXIV has like 5 races...

FFXIV will more likely resemble FFXI than any other game and FFXI is far from crap, it's just older.
    Don't like the game from what little you've seen? That's okay you're entitled to your nearsighted opinion.  But don't go trashing it calling it a clone of something it has so far showed to be nothing like.
    -Later

Well said.  I stopped myself from posting something negative but glad you posted this and said it in a nicer way than I could think of.  LOL vangaurd, I couldn't stomach more than a hour of that game.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Well I don’t see the vanguard similarity, but then again that’s not a bad thing, Vanguard is a good game...Just too unpolished for my liking

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Dilir79Dilir79 Member Posts: 64

I felt bad at first  when reading some of the replys, but then i LOLed .... hahahahahaha

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

I'm not going to judge the game.......but I'm actually talking a load of complete shit because actually I am judging the game by typing my opinion about it.

• DeViLmAn0DeViLmAn0 Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Well I don’t see the vanguard similarity, but then again that’s not a bad thing, Vanguard is a good game...Just too unpolished for my liking

I think i agree with with Sgt. said. Vanguard is far from a crap game. It wasnt very polished, but i believe it was due to SOE screwin stuff up by not giving it more developer focus then what it has. Had vanguard had been treated like EQ2 it would be far better. It still has good qualities though despite the many flaws and lack of polish.

Now comparing FF and vanguard.. WTF? lol. For one if you're gonna say game A is like game B u could at least provide logical reasoning as to why, yet you didnt and only chose to rant briefly.

Sigh, obviously u have a clear dislike for FF14, which is fine, so is it needed to start a thread for such a purpose when u have no grounds to back up ur opinion. Maybe we should all start our own little thread about a game we dont like just cause. Hmm.. nah it seems rather pointless to me, but at least it was funny .

Im not attempting to flame or bash on the OP i just think if they are going to start a thread with such a title to at least provide good reasoning or at least change the thread title to have a different wording.

Waiting For: FF14,Guild Wars2
    RIP: Tabula Rasa&Hellgate:London(online)
    Playing:Fallen Earth&Guild Wars& Dragon Age

Originally posted by swalker23

Well said.  I stopped myself from posting something negative but glad you posted this and said it in a nicer way than I could think of.  LOL vangaurd, I couldn't stomach more than a hour of that game.

Lol I know.. I played Vanguard on a free trial for about 2 days and uninstalled it.  It reminded me of a dumbed down, generic  version of EQ2 with higher system requirements.

It's really too bad too.  That game had A LOT of people with high hopes and A LOT of potential... 

Then SoE stepped in the picture and...

BAM!

Dead. 

i had been in VG not to long ago, while its not booming by ne means it has at least kept a very stable and active player base. theres still good people there

• FkinglinuxFkinglinux Member Posts: 156

Its Vanguard on steroids, after steroids made vanguards balls wither and die, because it has no pvp.

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368

That's weird. It reminded me of FFXI. I wonder why that is...I wonder when FFXI released compared to VG.

Oh and what company made FFXI? I just can't seem to remember.

• AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315

I have to say, the game looks really underdeveloped which is stupid of square enix to show because the people that make an resolute opinion about a game instantly think oh PoS, for everyone like that out there, please hold your opinions of the game for when it releases, shit changes. More than likely the game will change.

Damnant quod non intellegunt
  • natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

1) If FFXIV is Vanguard on steroids then Vanguard is just a sad attempt at FFXI.

2) The jokes on you.. so think what you want. You're completely wrong and that's not going to hurt me or anyone else who plans to actually read information about the game and try it out.

On a side note, I don't think it's underdeveloped. I think what they have shown so far looks great. Of course more informatin would be better but it looks great so far and all the information released so great.

Originally posted by TheStarheart

That's weird. It reminded me of FFXI. I wonder why that is...I wonder when FFXI released compared to VG.

Funcom?

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Funcom?

A troll might guess that.

Originally posted by natuxatu

Funcom?

Or someone being sarcastic just like the person asking the question is being sarcastic.

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by natuxatu

Funcom?

lol I'm pretty sure he was joking. He has a tonberry as his avatar!

Edit: my post was a little late so now it just confirms his sarcasm. A sarcastic post deserves a sarcastic response :)

Originally posted by Fkinglinux

Its Vanguard on steroids, after steroids made vanguards balls wither and die, because it has no pvp.

Excuse me, but I feel you are lost.  The "childish, mindless,  PvP is what makes an MMO an MMO" mindset forum is over there... You know, where all the whiney 12 and 13 year old are standing?  Some people call it WoW. 

Who cares about PvP?  It's a pointless online pissing match that is ALWAYS unbalanced in favor of one class or another.  PvP is so played out and boring in nearly ever game it is present in that I could honestly care less if I ever kill another PC.

im sure the WoW comment wasnt needed lol.

Can no thread go w/o a WoW comment o.O

Bad enough every mmo that shall come out for the rest of all time shall be referred to as a WoW clan lol

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

I played Vanguard at launch and again six months later and six months after that. (approximately)

The only things I see similar to FFXIV from the few several minutes of footage out so far is that they both have humans and mobs for the humans to shoot at. The less obvious thing would be they are both PvE heavily intensive games, but that someone can only know from reading up since FFXIV is so far away from an actual release, not something you pick up in gameplay footage.

I hope you can find the game you are looking for, but you didn't actually state what type you were looking for so I doubt there's anyone here that can give you a recommendation.

If it's PvP, there are a few coming out that might have your interest: Mortal Online, Global Agenda, APB, CrimeCraft, Warhammer, Guild Wars 2. Give those a check.

If it's PvPvE type hybrids, Fallen Earth, AION, Champions, SWTOR, AoC, WoW's Cataclysm.

If it's PvE, good luck. I don't know of anything that is on any major gaming company's agenda to make a PvE heavy game anytime soon other than Square Enix. Too many gaming companies want ALL the subs, so they are focusing on hybrids and making turds, lol.

Good luck with your search!

Excuse me, but I feel you are lost.  The "childish, mindless,  PvP is what makes an MMO an MMO" mindset forum is over there... You know, where all the whiney 12 and 13 year old are standing?  Some people call it WoW. 

Who cares about PvP?  It's a pointless online pissing match that is ALWAYS unbalanced in favor of one class or another.  PvP is so played out and boring in nearly ever game it is present in that I could honestly care less if I ever kill another PC.

Don't compare PvP and PvE games then, and I won't be over here.

Who cares about PvP?  It's a pointless online pissing match that is ALWAYS unbalanced in favor of one class or another.  PvP is so played out and boring in nearly ever games it is present in that I could honestly care less if I ever kill another PC.

Don't compare PvP and PvE games then, and I won't be over here. And as for who cares about PvP, you could say that the original pen an paper games this was all based on were100% pvp, because the monsters, to be challenging, were controlled by a player , that's right! The dungeon master! I don't mind PvE when it has some kind of a challenge, but as far as challenging pve goes, it died with EQ1 unless you count some raids in other game, point being you shouldn't have to raid for a challenge, also, players provide it for free. As far as MMO's go, what's the point of even playing one if you are only going to interact with players on your terms.

bleh double post.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Fkinglinux Its Vanguard on steroids, after steroids made vanguards balls wither and die, because it has no pvp.

Excuse me, but I feel you are lost.  The "childish, mindless,  PvP is what makes an MMO an MMO" mindset forum is over there... You know, where all the whiney 12 and 13 year old are standing?  Some people call it Warhammer

Changed that. It's no longer the WOW fans who are running around saying that for the most part. Mostly everyone knows that's a PvE heavy game with PvP only recently getting a spike. Besides, Blizzard is releasing Cataclysm with a nice chunk of PvE stuff again because that's what most of the people do there anyways.

I found it was the diehard WAR fans saying that above a lot. They live now whining in the AION forums because that game is going to take it's PvP lunch money. They cry constantly about "No PvP from Level 1" in AION and how that's going to be a dealbreaker for North America/Europe blah blah blah, lol.

If you can imagine someone being as juvenile as that about not being able to spam two knife skills chasing a level 4 guy around in a zone to not sub a game, I can't think of one. Completely childish because "PvP pwns at Level 1!"

Originally posted by popinjay

Excuse me, but I feel you are lost.  The "childish, mindless,  PvP is what makes an MMO an MMO" mindset forum is over there... You know, where all the whiney 12 and 13 year old are standing?  Some people call it Warhammer

Changed that. It's no longer the WOW fans who are running around saying that for the most part. Mostly everyone knows that's a PvE heavy game with PvP only recently getting a spike. Besides, Blizzard is releasing Cataclysm with a nice chunk of PvE stuff again because that's what most of the people do there anyways.

I found it was the diehard WAR fans saying that above a lot. They live now whining in the AION forums because that game is going to take it's PvP lunch money. They cry constantly about "No PvP from Level 1" in AION and how that's going to be a dealbreaker for North America/Europe blah blah blah, lol.

If you can imagine someone being as juvenile as that about not being able to spam two knife skills chasing a level 4 guy around in a zone to not sub a game, I can't think of one. Completely childish because "PvP pwns at Level 1!"

Look, I don't mean to be rude, but I find it insulting that someone would take a FFA PvP game and compare it to a PvE game and say its the FFA PvP game on steroids.