Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick of AOC/Warhammer PVP so I will try AION

Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

Currently I am playing AOC but only a month, before AOC was Warhammer.

I don't like Korean game if there is other choice, however, I will try AION just because I am sick of AOC and Warhamer PVP. Shall I expect AION would hold me for long time? I don't think so but hopefully there is other game before I quit AION.

Comments

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

If you dont think so why the hell are you playing it? Get another thing to do if there are no games that hold your interest.... theres so much more to life than videogames

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

Aion is a lot of PvP.  If you like PvP, Aion should hold you.

However, Aion is still a Korean Game.  If you don't like Korean games, then you're Tengo Uniform.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • Perfection66Perfection66 Member Posts: 218

Aion is miles ahead of those 2 games in every category... and yes ive played both to endgame.

I really think you will see WAR close up another round of servers after Aion is released, since alot of the major guilds are leaving. Not sure on the impact on AoC since i havnt played it for a while.

Aion v3 "RELOADED" - A glimpse into the future of the MMO genre

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

pish sick of hearing it play it TBH and you will see Aion is nothing like a Korean game it may be made there but that is where the similartiy's end.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

I'm currently playing AoC as well but I think I'll likely switch to Aion this month. AoC is a great game (the combat is unmatched imo) but the overall polish of the game and the pvp really doesnt do much for me unfortionately. I really wish they make the battlegrounds cross servers as well as add more pvp-oriented things to do but I didnt see either of these in the upcoming expansion...

AoC is a great game (very polished now compared to launch) but its still lacking something that I just cant put my finger on. The combat alone is worth checking out if you havent tried it but unfortionately AoC doesnt seem to keep my attention for very long. Aion should be a very refreshing change.   :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• Chimp85Chimp85 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by thamighty213

pish sick of hearing it play it TBH and you will see Aion is nothing like a Korean game it may be made there but that is where the similartiy's end.

I love Aion but it is like a Korean game, there is no denying that.  They have tried to western it a bit but you will still see the roots, not that I find this a bad thing.

• scodavisscodavis Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by Chimp85

I love Aion but it is like a Korean game, there is no denying that.  They have tried to western it a bit but you will still see the roots, not that I find this a bad thing.

I saw nothing in the CB's that made me think this was a Korean game except:

1. Characters were vaguely Asian, but they added 'westernized' character models in 1.5

2. Armor design.  Yeah, it's a bit different.  Not as ugly as EQ, for instance or as cartoony and WoW.  I can live with that.

3. Asian sounding character casting which was changed in 1.5

So I agree with you except I don't see the Korean roots.  I certainly see the WoW roots, however.

• MrblurayMrbluray Member Posts: 248

I liked the asian voiceovers better.

Now the characters sound like Harry Potter characters.  :P

EXPECTO PATRONUM!

• MrPhireMrPhire Member Posts: 212

The game is korean, because of it's heavily influenced PvP systems. In asian MMOs ganking/griefing is widely accepted and thats pretty much all I can see thats korean about it.

Playing: Guild Wars and Exteel
    Loved: WoW, Guild Wars, FFXI, and Lineage 2
    Liked: Exteel, WAR, and Lineage 1
    Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.
    Waiting For: Aion, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and SW:TOR

• scodavisscodavis Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by MrPhire

The game is korean, because of it's heavily influenced PvP systems. In asian MMOs ganking/griefing is widely accepted and thats pretty much all I can see thats korean about it.

So it's more like EQ when it comes to ganking/griefing?

Seriously, thanks for straightening me out.  Why are Koreans masochistic?

I understand the ganking will be minimized in the western version of the game with the slayer system, but I never leveled high enough in the betas to know if this was true or not.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

You will get ganked....and that's just a part of PvP.   However if someone is griefing you then that is against the rules of the game and should be reported. 

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Chimp85

The game does show Korean roots but most of the actions work fine. I admit that I do not like some animations (all women wear high heals *grrr*).

• Tenken29Tenken29 Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Larry2298

Currently I am playing AOC but only a month, before AOC was Warhammer.
    I don't like Korean game if there is other choice, however, I will try AION just because I am sick of AOC and Warhamer PVP. Shall I expect AION would hold me for long time? I don't think so but hopefully there is other game before I quit AION.

Pledge your support to creating a PvP Community on Aion. Join our server on release.
    http://aionfactions.homelinux.com