Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download Time?

boobookachooboobookachoo Member Posts: 70

How long did it take you to download the game?

Just curious to know, I'm going home and downloading tonight.

Comments

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

I would recommend using the torrent download.  The NCSoft download will take a long time at this point.  You can find the torrent info on the AION site (NCSoft). 

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

the torrent didnt work me 1.5 installer doesnt like my system.  So I patched up my cb client to ob but was still left with a 450mb download that is trickling in at 4kbps on a 20mb line because NC's patcher is being hammered that hard with people downloading 9gb client's through it.

• boobookachooboobookachoo Member Posts: 70

ya I figured the downloader would be hammered with open beta soon.

• FkinglinuxFkinglinux Member Posts: 156

just snag the torrent, finished the whole thing in one night.

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

This morning, I got the full 1.5 install off fileplanet. Took 3 hours to download and 20 minutes to install. Try that.

• boobookachooboobookachoo Member Posts: 70

Lol. 15 KB/sec with NCsoft downloader but much quicker download with fileplanet.

• KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

I posted this in a few other posts but will once again add here.

I tried the NCSoft launcher and got nowhere.  So I went to Fileplanet and had no trouble downloading the initial client.  I then went back to Fileplanet and found the CB to OB Aion client patch.  No trouble there also.

After the installation of the patch and starting up the game today, the NCSoft launcher still had to update which took about 45 minutes, and it seemed hung on the 'checking for updates" screen.  Eventually I got another screen that mentioned an error 36 and it gave me the option to "Force Launch', so i clicked on it and the game ran.

Overall I believe the startup trouble to be the Game Guard software which also had a screen pop-up included for two errors other than 36 with a lousy answer to 'reinstall' the game.

If you have ever been through an NCSoft launch before there has always been some trouble before the actual launch date.

My advise is to check everything at least two days before 9/18 to make sure it is running.  Hopefully we won't get boned on the 18th pre-select day and have to spend hours downloading anything else.  (I believe this patch is the last before launch but I am not sure since the OB finishes on the 9/13).

GlassEye

• keygankeygan Member Posts: 237

I had some major issues with the ncsoft dl so i took the advice of someone on the forums and went to fileplanet and voila just under 3 hours. 

• BobthesalerBobthesaler Member UncommonPosts: 37

Well I installd it from FilePlanet and it took around 3 hours total. I tryed the torrent download but it caused problems with my system.

• MaastaMaasta Member UncommonPosts: 69

Took about an hour and 15 mins for the CB to OB torrent patch.

• WazbokWazbok Member Posts: 11

It took me about 5 hours on a 12 mb line through file planet to get it installed and running