Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make mmorpg.com's forums run better in IE! Not just in Firefox!

JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Hello.

I was just wondering why does the mmorpg.com forums run really crappy when using Internet Explorer.  I have Firefox at home, the forums run perfectly!  No complaints.

At work, we have IE, and no, my manager does not want to install Firefox on the PCs... damn them to hell. image  But here is what happens to me when using IE:

- the forums are slow!  Sometimes I'll load a thread, it takes so long to load sometimes, sometimes it doesn't load at all, I have to press BACK, then re-click the thread and 1/3 times it will finally load.

- I get logged off my account every 10 minutes or so.  I'll start writting a thread, boss comes in, I switch to another window pretending I'm working (yeah I'm evil), when he is gone, I switch back to the forum window, finish writing, click Post Message, and my post does not go through since it logged me off.  same happens when I'm on the forum for a long time.  I spended almost an hour reading and writting threads, every 10-15 minutes I gotta relog.

But at home, with Firefox... no problem whatsoever!  And it's not just my job's PCs cause even at home when I was using IE before, I had these same problems as I wrote above.

Anyways, I was just wondering if you could help me.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Not sure why that would be.  We use IE to access the site all day long here and we don't see these things.  The loss of session is either caused by a cookie being deleted (firewall or other installed software could do this) or our servers crashing (this happens 3-5 times a day as of lately).

The good news is that we are still working on our next version of our forums which will add many new things - one of these being recovery of posts from a lost session.

Hang tight - we are working on this and many other things.  With a new programmer in house things are finally getting taken care of image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

w00t!!! Thanks.

Although you might of solved the delogging problem. I'll check the configurations with the firewall and cookies to see if they are always deleted or not.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P