Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Programmable keyboard won't work in this game?

mortharxmortharx Member Posts: 293

Just need clarification DX Input system / G15 and whatever won't work in this game right? Because of gameguard?

R.I.P Chikaca Whachuchuimage

Comments

• CoffeeGruntCoffeeGrunt Member Posts: 192

be a spartan ...l2p ^^

• MrPhireMrPhire Member Posts: 212

I believe so. Shouldn't be that bad. I've only found the G15 features for comfortability. There are billions of useless keys in a UI. Hell take half of the Function keys... Not to mention Ctrl+? or Alt+? or Ctrl+Alt+?. The macro system in place in the game looks nice, macro boards would probably just make it more comfortable for players... Not me I've always used numbers and keybinds>my 18 macro keys. :P the first G15 is the best

Playing: Guild Wars and Exteel
    Loved: WoW, Guild Wars, FFXI, and Lineage 2
    Liked: Exteel, WAR, and Lineage 1
    Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.
    Waiting For: Aion, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and SW:TOR

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

hmm strange my G11 worked ok

• FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Member Posts: 339

Just to be clear, the extended functions of the G15 etc wont work right but the keyboard can still be used?  It will be real pain in the arse if I have to swap keyboards every time I want to play the game.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I do not use a Programable Keyboard but I use a Nostromo SpeedPad n52. will this still work?

The keyboard will work, the macro's wont because GameGuard disables the G13 and G15's programs. G11 is different as far as i know. It has something to do with the software G13/15 offers.  It is also true that older models, such as my G15, work completely alright. It all depends I believe. By the time launch comes out all new g13/g15 might work.

Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.

• kramsterkramster Member UncommonPosts: 93

I have the original G15 which partially worked during CB

The key assignments worked fine but not multi key functions i.e. 'Ctrl + 1'

Macros did not work

The M1-3 buttons were frozen so I had to ensure I was using the profile set I required for Aion

The LCD was frozen i.e. my clock display stayed at the same time for the period gg was running

I have read that the G15 works fine if you are using Vista64

So basically the G15 is fine if you use it solely for putting your shortcuts within nice easy reach. It's the only reason I bought it in the first place, I broke my hand a few years back and it didn't set right....it is uncomfortable to use the normal WASD reach across keyboard setup now.

The N52 has similar restrictions afaik

EDIT: Sometimes GG refused to release control of my M1-3 keys after quiting out of Aion, this is easily fixed by quitting and relaoding the G Profiler.

Originally posted by kramster

I have the original G15 which partially worked during CB
    The key assignments worked fine but not multi key functions i.e. 'Ctrl + 1'
    Macros did not work
    The M1-3 buttons were frozen so I had to ensure I was using the profile set I required for Aion
    The LCD was frozen i.e. my clock display stayed at the same time for the period gg was running
    I have read that the G15 works fine if you are using Vista64
    So basically the G15 is fine if you use it solely for putting your shortcuts within nice easy reach. It's the only reason I bought it in the first place, I broke my hand a few years back and it didn't set right....it is uncomfortable to use the normal WASD reach across keyboard setup now.
    The N52 has similar restrictions afaik
    EDIT: Sometimes GG refused to release control of my M1-3 keys after quiting out of Aion, this is easily fixed by quitting and relaoding the G Profiler.

Thanks for the note. I too as well have the original G15 and noticed it worked... I never really use more than just M1 anyway.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

My G11 partially worked in CB as well. I'm hoping they end up getting rid of GameGuard and it sounds like they are considering it.  This is a month old but I'm not sure if anyone has lined it here yet. 

Email sent from dev HGM spam to Aionsource community member:

Your feelings on GameGuard are justified and known to the North American and European teams. As it stands now GameGuard does provide a certain level of protection. If and when we find a better hack/cheat/bot prevention system we will use it. GameGuard will be improved or removed before launch.